What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I wonder if the boys are going on their annual pre-season camp this season?

Go to some country town, pretend to work and then spend many a late night on the booze with the town folk.

Hasn’t really worked for us for awhile, it’s not like there’s been too much bonding, in fact they’ve left camp being much more estranged from each other than ever.

Chances of real friendships and togetherness has disappeared once we’ve got to know each other.

Each player realising the guy next him is not someone they want in the trenches on the outside of them in the 35th minute.

This sad state of affairs must come to pass.

Maybe the less we bond, the better we will be.

Walk around the white elephant with blindfolds so no one meets each other.

Wearing their blindfolds, they can chill at twaly’s parents place, with a slip and slide thing connected to a garden hose.

They can partake of the keg and take turns sliding away on the front lawn, trying to stop before they hit the footpath and fly off onto the Hume hwy.

Ivan issued that stupid ufc belt thing and that motivated smug. Tim must have promised our players a vcr or Betamax.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Well done to management in finally signing a good player for us. I know we have paid overs for him but we have finally gotten what we needed a star signing and someone who will bring over players and more bums on seats. A spine of Luai Api and Buhla looks Infinitely better than what we had last year, especially since we ditched Brooks as well.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Well done to management in finally signing a good player for us. I know we have paid overs for him but we have finally gotten what we needed a star signing and someone who will bring over players and more bums on seats. A spine of Luai Api and Buhla looks Infinitely better than what we had last year, especially since we ditched Brooks as well.
I don’t know which is giving me more joy finally seeing the back of the imbecilic bum brooks or recruiting JL

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I don’t know which is giving me more joy finally seeing the back of the imbecilic bum brooks or recruiting JL
My joy over the Luai signing is increased quite a bit by remembering a posting from a Panthers supporter saying "LOL Tigers offer more money and still can't sign him."

In this case I am genuinely LOL

Nutz

Bench
We've transformed from the tough days of head knocks to no shoulder charges and timid confrontation.
What this has done has changed the coaches and players to be a real touchy feely people in an environment on and off the field. Add social media to it and it makes the circus complete.
The type of coach that seems to work these days is someone who can relate to kids. Someone who doesn't hurt the players feelings.
Forwards seem smaller and more able to run faster, and the raw animal aggressive play is gone.
If you watch Olam's highlights he smashes opponents legally because he hasn't forgotten the smash factor....I want him here now and hopefully reproduce some raw aggression and passion that he once showed again and again. But don't kiss him for God's sake.

Nutz

Bench
DT
The Wests Tigers are set to announce another big signing in the coming days, with Storm centre Justin Olam reportedly agreeing on a deal with the reigning wooden spooners.

The Tigers got their main off-season target in Jarome Luai on a five-year deal from 2025, and according to The Daily Telegraph, Olam will also be heading to Concord.
It is being reported that Olam only needs to pass a fitness test in the coming days and he’ll be a Tiger immediately, with the Storm willing to accommodate the PNG international’s move and release him from his contract three years early.

Nutz

Bench
How does the swap deal work, how is the money sorted out.
Olam has 3 years and Blore 0.
By relieving Storm of a big cap problem, how does that work for us?
As much as I've been on the Olam train I do worry about 3 years unless we are putting more dollars into his pocket to do the deal but for 2 years with a mutual 3.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
As much as I've been on the Olam train I do worry about 3 years unless we are putting more dollars into his pocket to do the deal but for 2 years with a mutual 3.
My understanding is next year would be a direct swap. No idea what the deal would be for the next two but at the moment we are lacking in the centres.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Shhhhhhh!

john travolta smile GIF

Nutz

Bench
For those who doubt Olam's signing, the Storm extended his contract so he remained for 4 years total.
The storm are pretty smart with recruiting so the fight was still in him.
He then had 2 injuries which included a broken arm...not career ending.
He was however rushed into a preseason trial and wasn't ready which is disaster in the making. People questioned this move.
The reason however was the lack of strike power the storm had especially with Papenhauzen out. (spelling)
People said his form has gone and is injury prone.... that's a joke.
He came back for the finals with solid form.
If we do sign him and he produces his past form, he will be a great addition.
The thing that annoys me is with our inproving pack and pending signings of quality backs, a lot will be at the end of their contracts.
The test for our recruitment lads is to retain the best and build around them again.
The core of good players is increasing which means we are moving forward.
This will make it easier to retain and recruit quality players.

Tigerm

Coach
I am making a few assumptions here.
The Olam and Blore swap, is only for this season and both clubs would need to cover the salary of the incoming player, that probably means we will pay extra for Olam, over Blore?

In 25, Blore is already signed with the Storm, as is Olam, so unless Storm want to put him on the market and we want to sign him, he is only here for 24?

If by chance he was put on the market, there is no guarantee someone would cover his existing contract, whatever that amount is, so Storm may have to cover some of it.

But all that is for the end of this season?

Tigerm

Coach
For those who doubt Olam's signing, the Storm extended his contract so he remained for 4 years total.
The storm are pretty smart with recruiting so the fight was still in him.
He then had 2 injuries which included a broken arm...not career ending.
He was however rushed into a preseason trial and wasn't ready which is disaster in the making. People questioned this move.
The reason however was the lack of strike power the storm had especially with Papenhauzen out. (spelling)
People said his form has gone and is injury prone.... that's a joke.
He came back for the finals with solid form.
If we do sign him and he produces his past form, he will be a great addition.
The thing that annoys me is with our inproving pack and pending signings of quality backs, a lot will be at the end of their contracts.
The test for our recruitment lads is to retain the best and build around them again.
The core of good players is increasing which means we are moving forward.
This will make it easier to retain and recruit quality players.
That’s why recruitment get the big bucks hahaha

Tigerm

Coach
Just had a look at Fox NRL, they are leading with 3 positive items about us atm.

That’s got to be a record hahaha