What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
Woops this was for the Olam signing
..great..surely Benji insisted on a thorough medical for Olam ..we know Madge just waved AD through without a speed test …I think the medical history was only for his teeth..

Nutz

Bench
Is that you Silverdale?
Sure sounds like you.
Come on admit it.
Then again it could be someone impersonating you impersonating someone else.
Hard to tell who is who anymore.
By the way this isn't really me. I'm someone else.
I don't believe that this is you Ned, your grammar is too good. :)

Vic Mackey

Referee
A. He's on the same money as you're paying JL. Nathan also missed large chunks of the last two seasons. We did ..... OK.

But you won’t have Luai in 25?

Ive found it interesting that the general league media has all been speculating as to how Luai will go without Nathan, however not vise versa. As a league fan I'm equally looking forward to watching how Cleary goes in 2025 without his right hand man. I saw a stat midway through last season that the Panthers have a better record when just playing with Jarome then just with Cleary. In no way am I saying that Luai is more important to Penrith then Nathan is, however I think its an interesting watch on both sides.

Andrew Johns won a comp with Sean Rudder, Darren Locyker with Shane Perry, personally I dont have Cleary in line with those guys however if he manages to win a comp with a Daine Laurie, Schnider, young Penrith 5/8 then youd have to put him in that class.

Ive found it interesting that the general league media has all been speculating as to how Luai will go without Nathan, however not vise versa. As a league fan I'm equally looking forward to watching how Cleary goes in 2025 without his right hand man. I saw a stat midway through last season that the Panthers have a better record when just playing with Jarome then just with Cleary. In no way am I saying that Luai is more important to Penrith then Nathan is, however I think its an interesting watch on both sides.

Andrew Johns won a comp with Sean Rudder, Darren Locyker with Shane Perry, personally I dont have Cleary in line with those guys however if he manages to win a comp with a Daine Laurie, Schnider, young Penrith 5/8 then youd have to put him in that class.

As a footballer, Im afraid I have to rate Nate better than Joey. He’s got more strings to his bow.

Plus he’s not a jolly jumper stoner.

Fordy20

Juniors
Woops this was for the Olam signing
..great..surely Benji insisted on a thorough medical for Olam ..we know Madge just waved AD through without a speed test …I think the medical history was only for his teeth..

Madge was caught out twice by Souths making reserve graders look good, first with Robert Jennings and then later with Doueihi. With Corey Thompson pushing 30, it made sense to target talented young players like AJ Brimson and Zac Lomax for the fullback role. Madge must have been close to getting Lomax too because the Queens had to offer Lomax a huge upgrade on a five year deal plus the starting fullback position to get him to stay. But with Doueihi, it seems like he wasn't signed on his merits, but more because the club was already committed to a course of action and needed to sign someone.

Hopefully the Olam medical is pretty rigorous and isn't just based on a physical assessment. He was on the receiving end of the Dally M tackle of the year (https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/09/27/haumoles-hammer-time-hit-on-olam-wins-tackle-of-the-year/) and that clearly had an effect. He tried to stay on the pitch, but eventually failed a second HIA and in subsequent matches, Olam never really looked the same. If the medical fails, I wouldn't be surprised if the Storm use it as evidence for a medical retirement, which could be in everyone's best interests.

WA Tiger

Bench
Madge was caught out twice by Souths making reserve graders look good, first with Robert Jennings and then later with Doueihi. With Corey Thompson pushing 30, it made sense to target talented young players like AJ Brimson and Zac Lomax for the fullback role. Madge must have been close to getting Lomax too because the Queens had to offer Lomax a huge upgrade on a five year deal plus the starting fullback position to get him to stay. But with Doueihi, it seems like he wasn't signed on his merits, but more because the club was already committed to a course of action and needed to sign someone.

Hopefully the Olam medical is pretty rigorous and isn't just based on a physical assessment. He was on the receiving end of the Dally M tackle of the year (https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/09/27/haumoles-hammer-time-hit-on-olam-wins-tackle-of-the-year/) and that clearly had an effect. He tried to stay on the pitch, but eventually failed a second HIA and in subsequent matches, Olam never really looked the same. If the medical fails, I wouldn't be surprised if the Storm use it as evidence for a medical retirement, which could be in everyone's best interests.
we nearly pulled out of the AD deal There was a long delay ..He cried and we blinked
yip I wondered about that Olam tackle. Daly m haha for sure (o ok it actually was)..Nofo the same after the one he received. His was worse than olams. He was genuinely crunched and twisted between the two sg? tacklers
Maybe those 2 can chit chat.

Last edited:
I’m from the @General Stripes school of player assessment regarding Olam or any player for that matter.

The essential question is what you’ve paid for him and what he brings over the period.

So a kind of value for dollar analysis.

I think @Nutz had a good idea to sit him down and try to get to the bottom of his concerns at Melbourne and tell him he’s safe and wrlcome here.

To get him back to his strike would be a major coup.

He had a whole three years to run at the storm, things are very bad there for all parties.

WA Tiger

Bench
Good synopsis

gordsy

Juniors
As a footballer, Im afraid I have to rate Nate better than Joey. He’s got more strings to his bow.

Plus he’s not a jolly jumper stoner.
I don't get this hate of Joey because he got caught with some pingers. Who cares ! If you honestly think he is the only Immortal or legend of the game who has done drugs and dodgey stuff then you are deluded.

I don't get this hate of Joey because he got caught with some pingers. Who cares ! If you honestly think he is the only Immortal or legend of the game who has done drugs and dodgey stuff then you are deluded.

I didn’t say that.

I did say Nate is the better player.

I stand by that.

He will be an immortal, I have no doubt.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Thanks.

Do you know what happened to young Tuki?

And any reason/s he didn’t come on?

Is he going back to onion?

Benji would know him pretty well I’d think.

train and trial with the dolphins

shame he didn’t kick on as he had the best offload at the club, horrendous defender though and a bit soft for his size, those late union converts often struggle with the continued physicality of league

Latest posts