What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Onto club issues, I think a Wests Tigers membership should come with a number of discounts and benefits entirely unrelated to footy for products and stuff that we use every day.

There’s no reason why we shouldn’t cut deals with companies to provide our members with the following:

10% off fuel prices at Shell service stations. Good fuel at shell for sure.
20% off your Vodafone account.
10% off your coles or woolies purchase
10% off your insurance

Etc etc.

If these broader deals are good enough, people are going to join the wests tigers for other non footy related benefits, increasing memberships exponentially.

If you are going to save a couple of grand a year or whatever by joining us, a lot of supporters of other clubs may do so just for this reason.

And it satisfies @Nutz ‘s “ try to associate the club with good things” ambitions. Makes sense, but I’m more real politik with it.

People won’t care about our club problems when they are making money out of us. They will like us and buy in.

Use the cash to help the club, our juniors and volunteers etc.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
They do a (free) open training session followed by photos/autographs etc at Campbelltown every year, usually end of January or so.

The COE was built and mainly funded by the Government/Canada Bay Council, we didnt pick where it went.

I dont like charging for these things either, I have no idea if other clubs charge for this type of thing or not.
They charge over 100bucks for us though.

The mad scientist will have an immediate impact on titans.Ive got them in the top 4.

Top 8 I’d say, but he will definitely stop the rot up there.

Yonder Manly:

The Manly board left Des high and dry and whispers of white anting at player level.

The decline of turboism, aging of DCE and now our very own Brooksteria as some kind of freak saviour.

No wonder our recruitment heavyweight Scott Fulton was in a hurry to leave. Remember he’s a planner.

No doubt the year off would have helped Des in his scholarly and most learned assessment of the game. Good luck to him.

Manly might snatch the spoon when I think about it.

I like Seibs but he is too retro managerial. He’d be a far better coach if he burnt his books and just screamed at the players. Have some confidence in himself as a person.

And like Des, he is a very decent person indeed, has some quiet grace about him.
Stood up to the broncos.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Top 8 I’d say, but he will definitely stop the rot up there.

Yonder Manly:

The Manly board left Des high and dry and whispers of white anting at player level.

The decline of turboism, aging of DCE and now our very own Brooksteria as some kind of freak saviour.

No wonder our recruitment heavyweight Scott Fulton was in a hurry to leave. Remember he’s a planner.

No doubt the year off would have helped Des in his scholarly and most learned assessment of the game. Good luck to him.

Manly might snatch the spoon when I think about it. I like Seibs but he is too retro managerial. He’d be a far better coach if he burnt his books and just screamed at the players. Have some confidence in himself as a person. And like Des, he is a very decent person indeed.
Well, Brooks was a contributor to the last 2 spoons?

MugaB

Coach
Young Vic and some others have been curious. That answers it.

Anyways, with our ostensibly authentically new club, I think we should have a new logo.

I remember months of teasing, and then the current one came out. After a month of careful analysis, someone here realised the paws were missing.

Then we all wondered how much we paid the consultant to chop the paws off.

Next logo, must be more magpie tolerant.

Maybe a magpie launching off a pouncing tiger, both eyes fixed on one prey.

I don’t want a wests tigers without equal prominence of two beloved mascots.

I am sure there will still be the midnight ceremony, forming a circle at the eighth wonder, summoning the ghosts of the Balmain Tigers and it’s counterpart at the dark and spiritual Lidcombe Oval.

May the illustrious dna of both clubs propel us forward and two hearts beat as one!
20210717_044928.png

If there’s no magpie, there’s no truth.

I’m not going to forsake Western Suburbs.

Time for one of our cheery anthems as another blood curdling season draws closer.

He ain’t heavy, he’s my magpie.

The seasons long,
With many a crabbing run
That leads us to spoon or ninth if we go well…

but we’re strong,
Strong enough to die again
Magpies aren’t heavy, their our brothers.

…..

It’s a long long road
From which there is no return
While we are on the way to spoon
Let magpie brothers share the gloom.

6049DDA8-8025-4321-BFA7-9FD9DF061E37.jpeg

Toughen up smugab, no man left behind in this outfight.

We live and die together.

All we have… is each other.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach

Time for one of our cheery anthems as another blood curdling season draws closer.

The seasons long,
With many a crabbing run

but we’re strong,

…..

It’s a long long road

View attachment 83018

The WS at the bottom is the Western Suburbs logo, thats older than any magpie mascot imo

Nutz

Bench

The seasons long,
With many a crabbing run

but we’re strong,

…..

It’s a long long road

View attachment 83018

Are you sitting down strumming something whilst you bellowing out that hit Tsp?

Latest posts