What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT Twitter:
The Nofoaluma payout is set to see the Tigers free-up around $700,000 in salary cap money over 2024/25 (Telegraph)
————-
How does the club spend it?
We seem to have good depth all over the park?
Maybe upgrade a few players.

Benchtiger

Juniors
Re: Nofo its unfortunate that it has come to this, but he has been a liability for a while now and the fact that he had two years remaining on his contract at $525k speaks volumes of the previous managements incompetence.

Tigerm

First Grade

Official.
Don’t know how or when it all went wrong for him, but he was a slow crash over a few years.
I don’t begrudge his severance payout, but it was undeserved in the end.

Nutz

Bench
What an off-season! Shows how much of a diference competent management makes
I've not had this much confidence in our squad for years.
I just hope we can get off the bottom, that would be a good place to start.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Noffo has been shit for ages and is now carrying on like a bitch to get a release. Good riddance and get lost.
He can now go be a useless dope for someone else. I know people will say why did you let him go if he scores a few tried elsewhere but we did the right thing and I'm pleased the club showed the balls to tell this Impostor to f**k off.

Nutz

Bench
The 30-year-old's exit [Noffa] will cap a period of rapid squad overhaul, with only one player remaining from former coach Michael Maguire's first season in charge in 2019.

That man is Alex Twa
l, who late last year was given permission to look elsewhere before soon after being locked into a three-year extension.

The big Lebanese assassin dodged a bullet there. Time to repay Alex.

$300k to clear up $750k for a player who isn't interested and by extension no longer in our plans is better business than I expected. Didn't deserve the payout but if that's what it too $150k a year for the next two years is getting off lightly. I thought we'd be anchored with him until the end.

Nutz

Bench
merkins had a big head since he came back from Melbourne.
I'd rather have Staines on one wing and new comers Solomon Alaimalo or Lobb on the other. [At some point we have to let Junior go unless we're pushing for a finals spot] Albeit Solomon is a gun union convert and the Lobb is trying to break into the NRL from Saints but at least they're big, tall, fast, elusive and most of all they want to be here.
Unlike the glamour boy who thinks he's above everyone else.....WRONG!

Nutz

Bench
$300k to clear up $750k for a player who isn't interested and by extension no longer in our plans is better business than I expected. Didn't deserve the payout but if that's what it too $150k a year for the next two years is getting off lightly. I thought we'd be anchored with him until the end.
The 150k is the minimum wage for an NRL player because I feel we have paid this and sacked him due to the strike 3 rule. [Our good will to a once great player] He's off our books which means he doesn't effect our salary cap....this is great news.
I'm guessing that Noffa has either lined up another contract but bear in mind other clubs have to pay his market value which is ½mil~season. What club is going to pay that.... possibly Storm. I doubt any club would oay his rate after his antics of late.
However he's going through some personal shite atm and if he's taken the payout purely cause he needs the cash then he's robbing himself a mil. He should have put in the hard yards and stuck it out.....but as far as I'm concerned, bye bye.
The Eels are short on experienced NRL wingers/backs. He'll probably go and join that Moses twat.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Could a club sign him on a train and trial deal and then put him on a full time contract half way through the year ?