What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
Morris can consider himself unlucky to lose the sharks job coz he wasn’t shafted for poor performance.He is the most experienced head coach on our coaching staff albeit it was a short term gig.He will complement Benji & I’m hopeful they can form a successful partnership long term at Concord.
I don’t see why morris and Benji couldn’t compliment each other brilliantly..sometimes it’s not always the loud brash person that does the best conducting as the leader..It’s easy to gloss over morrises weaknesses because fitsgibnon was a shu in. But morris was known to push ahead with bad ideas without considering good alternatives and therefore rub people up the wrong way.. and his record was far from stunning .. As Jim says he will communicate Benjis ideas to the team effectively and one would expect the defence will improve a lot with him in charge..

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Ha ha, I reckon you are on the up. Finals this year might be a bit optimistic, but I'm thinking it will be a better year than most expect. No skin in the game makes it easier to be positive without the fear of being let down again though.

We finally seem to have the off field stuff sorted. I think on field is still 2-3 years away from consistent results, thats assuming the coaching situation doesnt go completely bellup.

WA Tiger

Bench
I can’t wait to see what benji does with the spare cash. Who wouldn’t at least look at wt as a viable destination now. All you see with the team is Benji ..Richardson has just dropped some good advice and cleared the way for Benji to operate as he sees fit..I’m looking for 2-3 bright lights from the new blood to spark the whole team. We’ve been close for a while now and that’s all that’s been lacking..The team now knows Benjis not here to make friends and he’s the real deal with strong and savvy assistants and all with a wealth of real time knowledge unlike the last 2 regimes

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
Yea coz teams have been lining up to nab morris as their head coach havnt they..not
What teams have been looking for a coach since he has been an option? Off the top of my head, 3 clubs went with Wayne, Des & Flange. All won comps, so no shame in not being considered for those Jobs. Ciraldo and Fitzy were always going to be the first 2 rookie coaches appointed anywhere given their resumes so that the Sharks & Dogs jobs gone.

Warriors chose pretty wisely for that option (still get a chuckle that you guys had him in your system) Other than that it's possibly the Cows. Knights maybe if they didn't go on a run last year, but because of that the job never got to the point it was available.

The other teams aren't looking as their coaches either have enough runs on the board to not be under pressure, or in Sticks case is a favorite son.

Manly I guess, but they are about as competent as the blokes you just got rid of, so them not Chasing Morris is arguably in Morris's favour.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
What teams have been looking for a coach since he has been an option? Off the top of my head, 3 clubs went with Wayne, Des & Flange. All won comps, so no shame in not being considered for those Jobs. Ciraldo and Fitzy were always going to be the first 2 rookie coaches appointed anywhere given their resumes so that the Sharks & Dogs jobs gone.

Warriors chose pretty wisely for that option (still get a chuckle that you guys had him in your system) Other than that it's possibly the Cows. Knights maybe if they didn't go on a run last year, but because of that the job never got to the point it was available.

The other teams aren't looking as their coaches either have enough runs on the board to not be under pressure, or in Sticks case is a favorite son.

Manly I guess, but they are about as competent as the blokes you just got rid of, so them not Chasing Morris is arguably in Morris's favour.
If U need help understanding this one TM just sing out ok.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
He was definitely being paid like an Origin winger.

And instead of taking responsibility for his shortcomings he'd blame teammates on Twitter and complain about training.
I enjoyed watching Nofo a hell of a lot. He bought stuff others didn’t esp with his fearless returning of the ball, his manner of scoring tries and plenty more. For me the tight one handed tries in the corner were a site to behold . ( I’m not referring to the legs in the air trys in the corner either. Although his best of those matched any players - I remember that one after the Benji pass or was it a chip kick, Fkn wow! Of the highest order..) The Samoan and Tongan boys seem to generally have this one handed reaching out for the try technique down. And it means that there will be times when they will score tries when others that havnt mastered it won’t..

The brain free zone at times inside Nofo on defence with the centre going for the player inside their man, frequently left nofo having to tackle 2 players and all in sundry complaining about what a bad tackler he was. In that respect good on him for complaining about it not being his fault. Nothing wrong with that.. There’s no doubt he had his failings and he prob had to go. It’s funny tho not once did I hear criticism of him running sideways from outside of this forum. Just like with Benji and at times Robbie, there seems to be a certain status to be gained in tearing our better players down with a minuscule footnote if they’re lucky, about what they bought to the club..Nofo benefited from the club financially but for me he gave back plenty. I think with his uncompromising returning of the ball year after year and especially after that double hit tackle on him against sgi that may still effect his confidence, he’s just had enough. And fair enough. I could see him retiring at 30 to pursue other business pursuits. He hasn’t left with a song and dance like some players. Good luck to him.
(At his best I doubt he would have looked out of place as an origin player surrounded by guns. At least more worthy of a go than some of Fittlers picks)

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach

Pangai Jr sensationally walked away from a $750,000 a year contract with the Bulldogs at the end of last season to pursue a boxing career.

The images of Pangai Jr at Broncos training sent the rumour mill into overdrive about whether the Blues representative was eyeing a return to the league.

————————-
This has a bad smell about it, if he suddenly goes back to the broncs, imo.

Tigerm

Coach
On Twitter:
Matt Burton has revealed he was a Tigers fan growing up.

Assume he and the Foxx sit around Bulldogs training reminiscing about the Akauola/Paterson wing combo.

————-
Don’t think we could fit him in now hahaha

Wizardman

First Grade
Noone is lining up for him.
This might sound weird but now Noffa has had a reality check he might be worth signing in good teams with young inexperienced backs....Eels, Broncos, Saints. He could teach the youngins the fine art of running sideways and how to run on roller skates.
For some reason, I thought Newcastle as soon as I heard the news. They have a winger named Thomas Jenkins who is likely to start....he is not a first grader. Then again, at least Jenkins tries...unlike the bloke we just lost.

WA Tiger

Bench
Noone is lining up for him.
This might sound weird but now Noffa has had a reality check he might be worth signing in good teams with young inexperienced backs....Eels, Broncos, Saints. He could teach the youngins the fine art of running sideways and how to run on roller skates.
We’ve got a $6mill replacement cross field runner but you airheads have no problem with that..Don’t tell me Luai’s runs are more productive compared to nofo over his career..

Nutz

Bench
Was just looking through the WT’s team lists on their website, they still have JOffa listed (NSW cup) maybe time for an update hahaha
That's because the NRL run the site and the updates, for once it's not our fault.