What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

A professionally run football club in what? 4 weeks or less? how good does that feel.

Had to laugh at the following in a piece I read this morning:
“He has State of Origin potential, he carries the ball really well, but defensively he has had a lot of issues like most wingers.
It was a typo surely and should have been....
“He thought he could have played State of Origin, he carries the ball well, runs sideways to much but defensively he had far too many issues for a 1st grade winger."

Nutz

Bench
Could a club sign him on a train and trial deal and then put him on a full time contract half way through the year ?
This is a grey area. He doesn't have a contract as it's mutually cancelled.
Normally he would stay on our sal cap but because he comes under the 3 strike policy he doesn't.
Therefore I can't see why he couldn't get any form of contract. I'm pretty sure another club has to pay market value for him unless as you said it was a train and trial but that means he is throwing away dollars.
So I think that's his best option is some club is stupid enough to pay over 500k for an aging winger on a top 30 contract.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
I'm not crazy enough to think we have turned the corner yet but as others have said we have done more this offseason then we have in the past five. Lots of dopes on the board have been punted, as well as Lee the lemon and Putrid Pascoe, gronks like Noffo have been told to piss off and a good crop of young talent is being brought in and coming through. Well done!

A professionally run football club in what? 4 weeks or less? how good does that feel.

He was definitely being paid like an Origin winger.

And instead of taking responsibility for his shortcomings he'd blame teammates on Twitter and complain about training.

I'm not crazy enough to think we have turned the corner yet but as others have said we have done more this offseason then we have in the past five. Lots of dopes on the board have been punted, as well as Lee the lemon and Putrid Pascoe, gronks like Noffo have been told to piss off and a good crop of young talent is being brought in and coming through. Well done!

Yeah the club appears to be making all the right moves but unless it translates to wins this year it's all moot.

In saying that, it appears that Benji understands that since he got his way and he has unfettered authority to run the team they way he wants the results will fall solely on him so it is good he's taking it seriously and axing anyone who refuses to meet acceptable standards. It's especially disappointing that the longest serving player at the club refused to drive that change and instead appeared to be the most flippant about it. That's the last thing you want the young blokes seeing.

Nutz

Bench
Well getting 2 spoons meant there had to be a shake up and Richo has shown no mercy.
Surely players and administrators new that this was going to happen.

392001780_PARTY_POPPER_400px.gif

Wizardman

First Grade
AD will probably be the next to fall. The CEO did say there were more to come [releases]
If AD gets an offer somewhere, I don't see our club stand in his way if he requested an early release but I doubt we would push for one in his case. We are deadset certainties not to retain him beyond this season.

Wizardman

First Grade

It has been a slow, gradual fall for this bloke. He had the one season where he actually DID look like an elite class NRL winger (though even then he had some defensive issues).
Since that year, the drop has been gradual in his attitude towards improving his game.
Once his biggest ally fell (Indiana Lee), his punting was inevitable as I predicted with Scott Fulton.

Every off-season move we have made has been the right one. But, I urge our fans to be patient this year. We WILL struggle on the field this year. Our club still has some recruitment to do in terms of first choice backline players as well as some better depth in other positions.

If our management continues their feel of stability, on field results will follow but it will take some years to do this.

soc123_au

Staff member
just wait til halftime in round 2

then we'll remember why we hate this f*$ken club so much
Ha ha, I reckon you are on the up. Finals this year might be a bit optimistic, but I'm thinking it will be a better year than most expect. No skin in the game makes it easier to be positive without the fear of being let down again though.

soc123_au

Staff member
Well apart from not sacking Benji. He has zero business being an NRL coach unless he's a sacrificial lamb for 2024
Morris is good enough to keep the ship afloat imo. I reckon Benji is smart enough to know when to step back and let those with a clue do their thing.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yea coz teams have been lining up to nab morris as their head coach havnt they..not
Morris can consider himself unlucky to lose the sharks job coz he wasn’t shafted for poor performance.He is the most experienced head coach on our coaching staff albeit it was a short term gig.He will complement Benji & I’m hopeful they can form a successful partnership long term at Concord.