What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ha ha, rugby positions are a bit like golfing terms, crazy. Cricket even worse..Gully, long on, and who's got a 'square leg' anyway...Blackbeard :)
I was a very ordinary footy player, but it was good for me.

If I could liken my career to one of our players, it would be Bateman having a very bad game, except for the entire season.

Better off not having me run out.

If I excelled, it was at being smashed by opponents. Nobody went down harder than me. But I got up to be cut down again.

I was good at the coward tackle like John. The mighty cheap shot, but just to get someone on the ground, not to hurt them.

The coach loved me, because I never complained.

I’m glad Benji is on the front foot r&r, he would have got together with staff and looked very closely at each player and then the side as a whole.

Then probably a meeting with Richo before he set-sailed outlining the expendables and who he was looking for.

Rosters are a nightmare to manage. You have to stump to get a player and then reduce or cut others.

Turuva, massive signing…

Nutz

Bench
I’m glad Benji is on the front foot r&r, he would have got together with staff and looked very closely at each player and then the side as a whole.

Then probably a meeting with Richo before he set-sailed outlining the expendables and who he was looking for.

Rosters are a nightmare to manage. You have to stump to get a player and then reduce or cut others.

Turuva, massive signing…
Am I the only person who is concerned about Turuva's knee? He wears knee strapping and seems to favour that leg somewhat.

Am I the only person who is concerned about Turuva's knee? He wears knee strapping and seems to favour that leg somewhat.
I haven’t noticed it.

On all accounts, the might and power of the WT fist full of dollars won the day.

Plus some solid Benji worship.

Our buddies at smugworld were none too happy to watch him waltz out the door.

He’s the kind of signing we need.

Nutz

Bench
I was a very ordinary footy player, but it was good for me.

If I could liken my career to one of our players, it would be Bateman having a very bad game, except for the entire season.

Better off not having me run out.

If I excelled, it was at being smashed by opponents. Nobody went down harder than me. But I got up to be cut down again.

I was good at the coward tackle like John. The mighty cheap shot, but just to get someone on the ground, not to hurt them.

The coach loved me, because I never complained.
I bet you could write some awesome literary commentary on the team white board though....colourful, thought provoking and humorous. Something to lighten up the shed :)

Nutz

Bench

He’s 34, but would he be worth a season back here?
We need urgently need some grunt in the forwards.
Yep your right about the need for some grunts but Marty has lost it imo and that's wht he's surplus to the ponies. We need a young rough diamond like Super League's Paul Seguier.
Other clubs are successful picking the best overseas players so come on Richo, do your thing.

Tigerm

Coach
Yep your right about the need for some grunts but Marty has lost it imo and that's wht he's surplus to the ponies. We need a young rough diamond like Super League's Paul Seguier.
Other clubs are successful picking the best overseas players so come on Richo, do your thing.
AFB would have been a good pickup, but Richo knocked the idea on the head :(

Nutz

Bench
AFB would have been a good pickup, but Richo knocked the idea on the head :(
I know I'm starting to sound like the know it all, sarcastic forumer that very rarely puts in any effort posting or makes comments of encouragement or posts snide remarks about other forumers especially when they're sick and can't defend themselves.... we both know who this is but.......
I'm glad we didn't get AFB. He is often lazy player compared to someone like Haas.
Blake's photo of what appeared to be him smoking a bong was inappropriate even if it was a gee up.
Blake also took no part in the team’s celebrations, which snapped a five-game winless run, and was not present for the post-match address, or team song.
He ran off to NZ after being granted a release due to compassionate grounds and now has done the same with the Sharks.
A lot of what I'm saying might be off the mark but imo he is someone we don't need.
Angus is a different story though. Someone with a huge motor and is a team player.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I know I'm starting to sound like the know it all, sarcastic forumer that very rarely puts in any effort posting or makes comments of encouragement or posts snide remarks about other forumers especially when they're sick and can't defend themselves.... we both know who this is but.......
I'm glad we didn't get AFB. He is often lazy player compared to someone like Haas.
Blake's photo of what appeared to be him smoking a bong was inappropriate even if it was a gee up.
Blake also took no part in the team’s celebrations, which snapped a five-game winless run, and was not present for the post-match address, or team song.
He ran off to NZ after being granted a release due to compassionate grounds and now has done the same with the Sharks.
A lot of what I'm saying might be off the mark but imo he is someone we don't need.
Angus is a different story though. Someone with a huge motor and is a team player.
Imo AFB is a massive turn off primarily coz u don’t know if or when he will suddenly throw his toys out of cot wanting to break his contract.Toxic player agents r a scourge on todays game as they manipulate their client base like AFB to act unethically towards their employer & shit clubs like ours have been canon fodder although finally during Richo’s reign this should cease.

Nutz

Bench
Imo AFB is a massive turn off primarily coz u don’t know if or when he will suddenly throw his toys out of cot wanting to break his contract.Toxic player agents r a scourge on todays game as they manipulate their client base like AFB to act unethically towards their employer & shit clubs like ours have been canon fodder although finally during Richo’s reign this should cease.
Exackery

Nutz

Bench
Samoan and Sharks middle fwd Royce Hunt has been given permission to leave the club. He a good player when he's on his game.
Could be a cheaper backup plan if we lose Stef.

Tigerm

Coach
But, who have we got or who is available, who is better?

It matters little now, but we were probably a chance.

Now we have very little of any decent FR stocks.

Nutz

Bench
But, who have we got or who is available, who is better?

It matters little now, but we were probably a chance.

Now we have very little of any decent FR stocks.
Agree. I wouldn't be crying if we snared him but I wouldn't chase him.
Miller maybe spoon fed some games soon. I'm hoping he can turn into a good in the later part of 2025....fitness is his issue.

WA Tiger

Bench
I'm glad we didn't get AFB. He is often lazy player
I suppose only an ADHD grandmaster could include this in a post about AF Blake. Impressive. BTW1 Less is more
BTW2 someone Massively overweight and smashing the booze for prob more days than not will be sick and then die young. It’s self inflicted. No one else to blame. All but one of my boarders 61, are over 70. I know about life expectancy related to self inflicted conditions..esp multiple... Ive found my boarders dead in bed. My only rule is they are dragged out feet first.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I suppose only an ADHD grandmaster could include this in a post about AF Blake. Impressive. BTW1 Less is more
BTW2 someone Massively overweight and smashing the booze for prob more days than not will be sick and then die young. It’s self inflicted. No one else to blame. All but one of my boarders 61, are over 70. I know about life expectancy related to health.. Ive found my boarders dead in bed. My only rule is they are dragged out feet first.
All my injuries and health worries are due to well over 20 years service in the Army and a truck driving on the wrong side of the road at night. I can't drink to excess because of meds you numpty.
As I said, you are unbearable and offer nothing to this forum which is supported by members reactions.
For god's sake seek help.
Back on ignore for you because your simply not worth chatting to.
Bye.

Latest posts