What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
The question is will it work out for us.
History says it won’t & I agree.We r dealing with one hell of a destabilising predatory lowlife in the vermin Isaac Moses.He will stop at nothing to get what he wants.The one saving grace for us is the ruthless & savvy Richo who isn’t the lightweight the vermin is accustomed to dealing with & fkg over at Concord.

Das Hassler

Bench
Thing to keep in mind with Galvin...he's an 18 year old getting upset after continued losses at not getting what he wants ..WINNING!...that's ok...saying i can hardly wait to get out of here is no worse than what half the country's parents of teenagers hear every day. Moses trying to leverage that is what he does. Fact is...and THE fact that Richo will no no doubt gently remind the Galvin camp..is that his pre season reason for asking for a release was feeling that he was behind all the orher imports in the pecking order to play first grade...ok...he got parachuted straight into No 6 alongside Sezer where things were going ok till our experienced players started dropping like it was D Day and the shared challenge and responsibilty of winning again comes with the elevation into first grade...i'm sure a hundred other players who aren't in the spotlight say some pretty emotional things in any losing streak dressing room. Richo needs to be the parent here

Tigerm

First Grade
Thing to keep in mind with Galvin...he's an 18 year old getting upset after continued losses at not getting what he wants ..WINNING!...that's ok...saying i can hardly wait to get out of here is no worse than what half the country's parents of teenagers hear every day. Moses trying to leverage that is what he does. Fact is...and THE fact that Richo will no no doubt gently remind the Galvin camp..is that his pre season reason for asking for a release was feeling that he was behind all the orher imports in the pecking order to play first grade...ok...he got parachuted straight into No 6 alongside Sezer where things were going ok till our experienced players started dropping like it was D Day and the shared challenge and responsibilty of winning again comes with the elevation into first grade...i'm sure a hundred other players who aren't in the spotlight say some pretty emotional things in any losing streak dressing room. Richo needs to be the parent here
Possibly doesn’t understand how contracts work either.
I dare someone has got in his ear about how he’s now too good for this team, (if it’s true) after a few pretty good performances, I would think Richo would remind him, he’s only a kid playing against men, bide his time, it will happen.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Wests have released Asu Kepaoa immediatley to sign with Panthers
Good news. My understanding is the money we save on him this year can be used in next years cap.

Richo said a while ago that next years team would be quite different to this years team and I was wondering how that could happen.

Well he is sure showing us how. He is definitely a man of action.

Pezz70

Juniors
No do
He’s playing in the toughest league in the world, while it would have been nice, to give him a spell, we haven’t had that type of opportunity, with suspensions and injuries.
Not forgetting that he has had a two week vacation.
As for him playing injured, every player does.

I am thinking it’s more about his manager chasing a bigger payday, which I understand Richo is going to give him.
No Doubt they’re chasing dollars, but he is a kid who needs to be seasoned not cooked. We’re not a chance of winnings games so we’re best to bring him along steadily, not thrash him, let him get conditioned to the big time over the course of the season, you’d expect him to play the majority of games. It’s only the true freaks that can handle the game week in week out at the highest level at his age. We ruined Brooksy flogging him every week as a young bloke. Galvin is a tough kid, but mental toughness come with confidence he is having the confidence kicked out of him every week and now we’re here.

The tigers really need to change their approach we struggle to take any steps forward because there’s no apparent plan. I can’t cop Benji’s just go out and play footy bullshit. You need to master the basics to set yourself for footy. Consistent quick play the balls and some structure are the keys to attack, the early shift inside our 30 is way overused. We’ve probably done it 50 times for one reasonable result, the guys especially Bula goes to the shift as a matter of course. We’d be better playing it to the centre of the field and trying to put together quick play the balls to play off and going to the shift only if a broken defensive line presents itself. The focus needs to be on getting the opposition Goin backwards, you can’t do it running sideways or throwing long lateral passes.

Last edited:
Possibly doesn’t understand how contracts work either.
I dare someone has got in his ear about how he’s now too good for this team, (if it’s true) after a few pretty good performances, I would think Richo would remind him, he’s only a kid playing against men, bide his time, it will happen.
This is a better read re the Galvin (supposed) issue. From Rhythm and Stealth on the WT's Pathways thread.

I hope you don't mind me copying the piece R&S.

Hey team

Just thought i would post it here since this is the most common thread i look at when i jump in here.
Reached out to a really good mate who has been in the mix with the Pathways programs at Wests and knows a lot of what is happening behind the scenes there.

I asked hm whats the go with Lachlan, are his Parents trash? is he a spoilt brat or is he just a dumb 18 year old?
He said he is the total opposite to what the media is pertraying him to be, also his Parents are lovely people from the encounters he has had.

I asked whats the go then with all these reports, is he throwing his toys out the cot and not willing to fight to keep his position or does he generally want out

He said Lachlan is a really lovely young kid. Has no ego at all and just wants to learn and absord all the knowledge from the Vets around him. My mate said he cant believe whats being written about him. I asked is it his manager and he said yeah. He is trying to get an upgraded deal even though he just signed a few months ago. Moses believes that now he is in 1st grade he should be entitled to more even though he is in the very early stages of a deal.

We all know Isaac Moses is vermin but Lachlans Parents trust him.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
This is a better read re the Galvin (supposed) issue. From Rhythm and Stealth on the WT's Pathways thread.

I hope you don't mind me copying the piece R&S.

This makes the most sense logically, so hopefully it's true. We need to take a Politis-approach to dealing with Moses - not over our dead body.

Tigerm

First Grade
Have a strong hunch AD will turn the corner re his career & become an asset for us.After 3 ACL’s he will extremely motivated to resurrect his career.
Yes, but will his ACL hold out?
Imo, he didn’t offer value for his salary, even when fit.
I just don’t see him being worth a roster spot.