What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Magpies Forever

Juniors
That would be the cherry on top of the Tigers sh*t cake.
My concern is that the apparent plans to play Hastings at 13 might suit the plans of Sheens but not the plans of Hastings. The big shift around is part of the idea to keep Brooks & Doueihi in the halves and seemingly leave making a hard decision.

The idea seems to work for the only couple of games tried, my concern is that it will be worked out by the opposition and our forward pack will be heavily out muscled with only 5 effective proper forwards.

Tiger05

First Grade
The big shift around is part of the idea to keep Brooks & Doueihi in the halves and seemingly leave making a hard decision.

I don't think it's just this. I think there are a bunch of reasons for this:-

1. Hastings is a slow 7.
2. Brooks and Doueihi have upsides to their games but are not consistent good decision makers.
3. Brooks and Doueihi are both more running 6's than 7's.
4. We are a crap team and we need to do something different to try and compete against the better teams.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Seems odd if he wanted to play first grade to go to a place where he has no chance of playing first grade outside of injury.

But good luck to him, had a chance to prove he was worth committing to over this last 6 weeks and hasn't really shown much. I don't think a rookie half will lead us out of this mess anyway.

Seems odd if he wanted to play first grade to go to a place where he has no chance of playing first grade outside of injury.

But good luck to him, had a chance to prove he was worth committing to over this last 6 weeks and hasn't really shown much. I don't think a rookie half will lead us out of this mess anyway.
Probably sees 2023 as a year to prove himself and then move in the year later, a bit like Sean O’S this year.

I’m looking forward to seeing him at Penrith; I thought he looked all right over the last few weeks and there is something there that may develop.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Probably sees 2023 as a year to prove himself and then move in the year later, a bit like Sean O’S this year.

I’m looking forward to seeing him at Penrith; I thought he looked all right over the last few weeks and there is something there that may develop.

His manager was a pretty vocal in the media saying he wanted a starting spot and if the tigers didn't commit they would find it somewhere else. Only to go to a place he has no chance.

I think he will probably end up being a very good career back up/bridge type of player and probably realised that role is a lot more fun, and gives a better ability to cash it, at a top team than than a bottom team.

He will be good for you guys will steer the ship well when he needs to but not much else, not that you are expecting him to do anything else.

Tiger05

First Grade
If Hastings plays at 13 he is behind Doueihi and Brooks which is similar to Penrith. If he kills it here he'll keep his spot as well whereas at Penrith he won't.

I like him as a player. I reckon it's a loss.

WA Tiger

Bench
I can’t believe Penrith want Madden. When he’s good he’s good when he’s shit he’s real shit spread 50/50 and thsts generous. (Not enough) ..interesting to see if Cleary can change that spread. Doubtful. We have to move on from maybes..

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I don’t see how anyone can say we should have kept Madge because kimmorley hasn’t done anything…if your measuring a coaches performance by comparing their results to Noddys your reaching. They were both crap and Madge would have prob done worse without Hastings

Tigerm

Coach
I don’t see how anyone can say we should have kept Madge because kimmorley hasn’t done anything…if your measuring a coaches performance by comparing their results to Noddys your reaching. They were both crap and Madge would have prob done worse without Hastings
That only works, if you believe the coach didn't do anything or the players didn't do anything?
I believe that the players have to own there performances, the coach can get them ready, but once they are on the field, it's up to them?
No coach, coaches players to miss tackles, drop catchable balls when passed to them, kick to shit field areas, make forward passes, not bother making that extra effort when required?
IMO, the players, most of the time, have not performed to a third grade level never mind NRL.

Phil Gould

Juniors
I don’t think anyone expected Noddy to turn things around as proof Madge was no good or that he’s any better. I think the whole debarcle just seems ill planned, like they were only thinking one move ahead, pulled the trigger on Madge, Ciraldo said no, now they are left with their d*cks swinging in the wind scrambling to find a way out. I like the idea of bringing Benji back to try and create an identity for the club but I don’t think they had to punt Madge early and leave the last half of this comp and the next two years as some kind of transitional void, I think retaining Madge would have provided a more stable transitional period. If they wanted to gut the building then they should have started with the head office and worked their way down.

Phil Gould

Juniors
I agree Noddy was delt a sh*t hand BTW but what’s the head count now? 5 coaches in 7 years? Maybe let one stick around for their full tenure instead of starting a new five year plan every year or two and see what happens.

Tigerm

Coach
I think the other point the club don't seem to handle well, is the contract situation, non-performing players don't seem to be penalised here or we sign them for "feel good" (e.g. Brooks and Noffo) on long term contracts.
It means, we are stuck with players not performing on contracts where the club can't do anything about it?

Phil Gould

Juniors
I think the other point the club don't seem to handle well, is the contract situation, non-performing players don't seem to be penalised here or we sign them for "feel good" (e.g. Brooks and Noffo) on long term contracts.
It means, we are stuck with players not performing on contracts where the club can't do anything about it?
Yep, low performance accountability and poor signings are both symptoms of ego based decision making rather than result driven ones.

WA Tiger

Bench
I don’t think anyone expected Noddy to turn things around as proof Madge was no good or that he’s any better. I think the whole debarcle just seems ill planned, like they were only thinking one move ahead, pulled the trigger on Madge, Ciraldo said no, now they are left with their d*cks swinging in the wind scrambling to find a way out. I like the idea of bringing Benji back to try and create an identity for the club but I don’t think they had to punt Madge early and leave the last half of this comp and the next two years as some kind of transitional void, I think retaining Madge would have provided a more stable transitional period. If they wanted to gut the building then they should have started with the head office and worked their way down.
One problem with retaining Madge is he didn’t share any of his plans thoughts etc with sheens . He was very unhappy with having to answer to Sheens and he made that clear. (This was from sheens..I can’t find the smh article from about 3 weeks ago on this) so the Sheens and Madge combo was not sustainable. Regardless of all the past accolades and his tough approach etc Madges communication skills were shit. Communication is a prerequisite for success in any field.
Madge might have chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy.. I’m pretty sure Paul Greens family suspected as much about him as they donated his brain to research.

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
Yep, low performance accountability and poor signings are both symptoms of ego based decision making rather than result driven ones.
I would say it is more fear based. We are so sacred of letting juniors like Nofa and particularly Brooks go and be successful at other clubs, like the countless other examples, that it will really show up how shit we are so we keep signing them hoping for the best even though they have shown that despite their talent they are part of the problem

Phil Gould

Juniors
One problem with retaining Madge is he didn’t share any of his plans thoughts etc with sheens . He was very unhappy with having to answer to Sheens and he made that clear. (This was from sheens..I can’t find the smh article from about 3 weeks ago on this) so the Sheens and Madge combo was not sustainable. Regardless of all the past accolades and his tough approach etc Madges communication skills were shit. Communication is a prerequisite for success in any field.
Madge might have chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy.. I’m pretty sure Paul Greens family suspected as much about him as they donated his brain to research.
He was definitely unique

Phil Gould

Juniors
I would say it is more fear based. We are so sacred of letting juniors like Nofa and particularly Brooks go and be successful at other clubs, like the countless other examples, that it will really show up how shit we are so we keep signing them hoping for the best even though they have shown that despite their talent they are part of the problem
There’s probably a bit of both fear and ego behind some of the craziness… or maybe it’s just advanced Sheensephalopathy?

WA Tiger

Bench
He was definitely unique
To keep Madge for 4 years with his consistently deteriorating win/ loss record. The spoon, the unavoidable next step after he left, regardless of who inherited the mess he created. And then some wishing him back. Yea Madge was Definitely unique..

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Your right those two must be only part of the problem since neither played in the record loss against Easts or any of the pathetic last few games…..which as it turned out, was when we showed how really shit we are..

I think more, blinded and paralysed by the headlights of ignorance, with most of the signings, resignings and declining, of players and coaches, from day 1

Last edited:

Latest posts