What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The fact that it is even a possibility the Tigers could sign Stephen Crichton for 2024 shows how far we have gone since Sheens took the reigns.

Let's double up the fantasy with Moses coming as well.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Signing players a year before they join the club is such a pain in the ass. If players just signed then joined the upcoming season then I'd say we put the checkbook away and wait until we see what area we need to plug.

The truth is that we have no idea how the players will respond to Sheens game plan, or the standards the new recruits will drive. What if Brooks is back to his best? What if Doeuihi demands too much money? Etc etc.

But if I had to sign anyone else based on our current squad it would have to be a proven center. I'd say its currently our weakest position and I expect a lot of player rotation

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Signing players a year before they join the club is such a pain in the ass. If players just signed then joined the upcoming season then I'd say we put the checkbook away and wait until we see what area we need to plug.

The truth is that we have no idea how the players will respond to Sheens game plan, or the standards the new recruits will drive. What if Brooks is back to his best? What if Doeuihi demands too much money? Etc etc.

But if I had to sign anyone else based on our current squad it would have to be a proven center. I'd say its currently our weakest position and I expect a lot of player rotation
All good points.

The Rosco

Bench
Has lost all his intimidation factor

i have heard that he is running most training sessions trying to bring in some of parramatta‘s culture
How has he lost his intimidation factor, you spanner ? Coz he ain't playing for the losers this year ?
Your team has lost a lot of it's factors matey. Get used to it.
Oh, what am I saying . . . . forgot that I'm talking to a bloke that has had 37 years to get used to it.

Look at the our roster and duration of contracts, I can see a yawning gap approaching at fullback and it’s reported critter wants to play there.

I haven’t checked the dogs.

He doesn’t need too much more success personally, so culture and mates might be factor for him.

Our ex Panther players, were amongst the most popular at their old club.

Money and influence, well it’s easy to feel a bit lost in the incredible might and power of the smug these days. In recent years, they have been so dominant. Their junior sides too.

It’s interesting that he’s going into his peak and he’s jumping ship. I think he knows that he can’t command a worthy salary at the Panthers. The sums just don’t add up.

Even if we get critter, the halves problem remains an issue at the moment.

We don’t want to lose our cool. I’d rather Charlie at the back to get Moses. Moses is reasonably competent. Not the second coming, except compared to Brooksy.

simmo1

First Grade
Crichton is a gun and definitely worth big money at centre especially given the players we currently have there. He is influencing and winning big games (2021 GF, WC Semi final) and is defensively sound.

He carries a bit more risk as a fullback given his lack of experience there but I think he'd excel there with good coaching. Would offer more than Laurie or Staines.

WA Tiger

Bench
Chrichton must have signed with Ceraldo ..No one bales from a club unless they have something sorted, somewhere else -surely

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Usually when a player complains they “arnt happy how the club treated them throughout negotiations” that means one thing…

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
An overextended cap again
Not saying we will sign him, but I think if we did, we would have the cap space to do so?
IMO, the cap is always a juggling act, it only comes unstuck, when the players signed, don’t deliver.
There are a few players whose contracts end, at the end of this next season.
Those years of struggle because of cap issues, must be still raw, surely.

Tigerm

First Grade

TIGERS BOLSTER FORWARD PACK

Tim Sheens has signed yet another forward as his overhaul of the Tigers top 30 continues after taking the reigns ahead of the 2023 season.

The master coach has already signed the likes of Apisai Koroisau, Isaiah Papali’i, David Klemmer and John Bateman — and has now set his sights on a Manly young gun.

James Roumanos, 23, has reportedly signed with the merger club according to WWOS and will ply his trade for the Western Suburbs magpies in the NSW Cup.

Roumanos made his NRL debut last season and has only featured in first grade once.

The middle forward was a member of the Bulldogs 2021 NRL squad before making the move to Manly ahead of the 2022 season.

Roumanos has previously represented Australia as a schoolboy and was an impressive performer for Lebanon at the World Cup late last year.

James Roumanos during his time at the Bulldogs.

Does anyone know anything about James?

gordsy

Juniors
Crichton wouldn't e coming here to play centre he'd be coming here to play fullback. He is a good centre not gun yet imo but if we were going to go all out for a fb we should do it for one who can ball play.
I hope Staines kills at at fullback and gives us more money to spend across the board.

TIGERS BOLSTER FORWARD PACK

Tim Sheens has signed yet another forward as his overhaul of the Tigers top 30 continues after taking the reigns ahead of the 2023 season.

The master coach has already signed the likes of Apisai Koroisau, Isaiah Papali’i, David Klemmer and John Bateman — and has now set his sights on a Manly young gun.

James Roumanos, 23, has reportedly signed with the merger club according to WWOS and will ply his trade for the Western Suburbs magpies in the NSW Cup.

Roumanos made his NRL debut last season and has only featured in first grade once.

The middle forward was a member of the Bulldogs 2021 NRL squad before making the move to Manly ahead of the 2022 season.

Roumanos has previously represented Australia as a schoolboy and was an impressive performer for Lebanon at the World Cup late last year.

Does anyone know anything about James?
The backs and halves must be cracking a few beers tonight.

Latest posts