What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s good to see Api’s showing a bit of humble and repair mode after his wise arse insult about WT during the finals celebrations last year.. What he said might have been true but there’s a lot of things that are true that you don’t say on tv…The other Penrith meat head players need to do the same. Sooner or later they will learn that what goes up must come down. And trust me, when that happens, no one will have forgotten their juvenile, beyond embarrassing for the game, behaviour. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
It’s good to see Api’s showing a bit of humble and repair mode after his wise arse insult about WT during the finals celebrations last year.. What he said might have been true but there’s a lot of things that are true that you don’t say on tv…The other Penrith meat head players need to do the same. Sooner or later they will learn that what goes up must come down. And trust me, when that happens, no one will have forgotten their juvenile, beyond embarrassing for the game, behaviour. Looking forward to it.
videotogif_2021.04.16_01.24.42.gif

WA Tiger

Bench
He knew what his team did was wrong but he had to support them..Him and Burton are both sensitive Pisces. Why they will both avoid the fight and why Burton will avoid the responsibility of captaincy. Addo Carr the Leo could easily captain the Bulldogs effectively. Especially now his stocks have risen from the world cup

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
We were rightfully disappointed with aspects of Api and Paps late season behaviour. I've always said two things....1. Wait until they are at the club 2. Wait until April before we judge their commitment to the club.
Another thing to remember. Our recruitment and coach situation was a bit of a mess with a lot of unknowns by the end of the grand final last year. We look a shitload more stable in both departments at the moment. The late recruitment would have to bring some comfort to Api and Paps by the fact that it will result in making their jobs a lot easier....therefore happier.

Im a natural pessimist in regard to this club.......but we have done well this off-season so far.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
We were rightfully disappointed with aspects of Api and Paps late season behaviour. I've always said two things....1. Wait until they are at the club 2. Wait until April before we judge their commitment to the club.
Another thing to remember. Our recruitment and coach situation was a bit of a mess with a lot of unknowns by the end of the grand final last year. We look a shitload more stable in both departments at the moment. The late recruitment would have to bring some comfort to Api and Paps by the fact that it will result in making their jobs a lot easier....therefore happier.

Im a natural pessimist in regard to this club.......but we have done well this off-season so far.
Great points , if we perhaps just signed one of them there certainly was the potential for them to phone it in like Mbye, Anasta and Blair etc
But i can see the 4 driven professionals signed actually competing against themselves to be the team's best player, and then throw in the rest to try overthrow them can only be a positive thing for the team.
Call me stupid but we could certainly surprise a few people this year. 😯

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Great points , if we perhaps just signed one of them there certainly was the potential for them to phone it in like Mbye, Anasta and Blair etc
But i can see the 4 driven professionals signed actually competing against themselves to be the team's best player, and then throw in the rest to try overthrow them can only be a positive thing for the team.
Call me stupid but we could certainly surprise a few people this year. 😯
I think there was a chance of Papilii phoning it in. Men like Bateman and Klemmer coming in has greatly reduced that prospect of happening. Joey O I think will also keep up the 2022 form.

macnaz

Staff member
I think there was a chance of Papilii phoning it in. Men like Bateman and Klemmer coming in has greatly reduced that prospect of happening. Joey O I think will also keep up the 2022 form.
Pretty amazing to think 5 of our forward pack won't throw in the towel, add Twal makes 6 reliable guys .... if that doesn't push the young guys to improve nothing will.

Apis a pro and a winner, he’ll be great for us. Easily our best signing since Ellis
Api will get all the deserved glory, but I was looking at Pap’s stats and hes pretty much doubled to trebled all of his footy power over the last couple of years.

He is a busy hustle bustle player, has an offload, loves to tackle, can kick and finds the try line.

Breaks tackles at about an average of 4 times a game.

Doesn’t have any penchant for injury either. 28 games last year, that’s a ridiculous number these days.

Plus he’s only 24

So he’s my pick of the litter at the moment. The older newbies don’t have the same potential.

Time will tell, but I think he’s going to toast the other forwards. I’m in no doubt.

There’s not enough interest in or talk about him at the moment so I’m here to remind everyone ….he is a genuine young superstar, we are lucky to have him ( thanks Madge).

Watch this space.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
L2
Pretty amazing to think 5 of our forward pack won't throw in the towel, add Twal makes 6 reliable guys .... if that doesn't push the young guys to improve nothing will.
I’d prob have given up too, if I had a coach with the same old same old, no stars anywhere in sight,and a captain that looks like he’s on his weekly, mental health patient , practical day out. (Those post match interviews are classics. Good to watch when you feel depressed)
And of course no TEAM unity which is a must for sustained success?

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Robbie and API would be the best from one generation to the next. Robbie I think would really enjoy working with API..Don’t tell me Robbie couldn’t pass on gems .. Api even said this occured. Good on him

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Truth is we should have grabbed api about 3 years ago when he left manly, instead of fking around with Liddle ..Madge didn’t even look at him

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Truth is we should have grabbed api about 3 years ago when he left manly, instead of fking around with Liddle ..Madge didn’t even look at him
Getting Api three years ago would have been exquisite, but it's not like we were the only club who didn't even look at him. In fact the club didn't even look at anyone at the time because they were hyperfixated on Harry Grant.

MugaB

Coach
Getting Api three years ago would have been exquisite, but it's not like we were the only club who didn't even look at him. In fact the club didn't even look at anyone at the time because they were hyperfixated on Harry Grant.
Ahhhh Harry ... the great white hope

videotogif_2022.11.10_21.36.23.gif

Latest posts