What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Thanks for posting this - I didn't see or hear it so thanks for posting...
Slater is 100% correct!!! Does Laurie have some issues and deficiencies - Yes, but surely with perseverance he can be improved; But he is a much better option at FB compared with Douehi. I love the bit where Slater states "You've got to find your make-up of your key positions and settle with them, and actually teach them and coach them". Wow - I mean WOW!! Who'd of thought? Can we have a bit more of that or at least some of that. I don't see it from us at all and in some cases I don't see many coaches coach and improve individuals.
Johns is spot on about Hastings as well, however, that ship has sailed so we move on.
And a final point on the make up of the team.... With relatively solid options at edge backrow (Papalii, Blore, Kepaoa) I really feel we can better use Bateman at 13 in the middle playing a bit of footy with ball in hand and trailing and backing up Api and also playing off 2nd phase play. This is now a crucial role and the best teams have a player who can do that such as Yeo at Penrith, Murray at Souths, Radley at Easts, even Carrigan at the Broncos. And given that we don't have a 6 & 7 capable of consistently getting the job done this type of link player #13 would be hugely beneficial and I think he's got what it takes to do it.

To be fair the last couple of games Bateman has started on the edge then shifted to the middle. It's a good move as he's gotta be legitimately one of our most dangerous ball players and should be able to move around the park where he sees an opportunity.

I think we desperately need a good halfback (had a half-decent one last season) and a fullback to improve.

Pezz70

Juniors
Have either of our teams been more desperate for a win? If we lose (and I don't think we will) I'm calling it early. Our season will be over.
Parra were at juicy odds to make the finals on some betting agencies boards in recent times $3. When I had a look yesty they were still $2.60, very backable. Dropped a bit on them it’s all most a legitimate investment.

Tigerm

Coach
My main news reads comes from Fox News and NRL fox, I know we deserve a hit a lot of times, but it has just been bullshit lately from them, I seriously think they believe they run the NRL?

I need to find a more balanced view on things, but doesn’t look they have a lot of competition.

My main news reads comes from Fox News and NRL fox, I know we deserve a hit a lot of times, but it has just been bullshit lately from them, I seriously think they believe they run the NRL?

I need to find a more balanced view on things, but doesn’t look they have a lot of competition.
Just don't believe everything you read, actually only believe the game day reports.

gordsy

Juniors
What a stupid argument re the Prime Minister has his wage declared so footy players should too. Footy players wages are not funded directly by tax payers. Even if wages are published they will just continue to rort the system.

It may sounds harsh but I hope we give AD a bag full of cash to piss off, his knee would be cactus by now.

Latest posts