What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I wanted to thank everyone for posting the links and rumours.

I heard the tafe rumour a little while ago, but I’d be very happy with Hawkins.

I tipped last minute switches from Sheen's v Manly, let’s see.

I think Doogie is a good player, at least a lot of potential, but I think it’s probably over.

Contrary to the report above, I’ve heard Benji is more hands on, but to be fair, I also think it’s valuable to let the players mix it amongst themselves at times.

You can then see how the players naturally express their footy and you can learn more about them.

Its critical for a coach to understand each player.

Seibs will have his players playing 100 minutes of “game conditions” this week and he will sit down with his senior players so they understand what the plan is and are jointly responsible for making it transpire. He’s an interesting coach.

Harto thought Shuster was a tremendous player and sought his services for ages. I think Shuster is a fantastic player too.

Harto is helping the dogs now. Going ok.

Madge and him were at each other’s throats for awhile. Both were right and both were wrong.

I may be harsh, but unless we start winning, our recruitment and coaching still isn’t passing the test. They aren’t complementing each other as they should be.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
May have been posted here somewhere about Shines stating to the media that we are looking at 3 years to become competitive..
Wow what the f**k? If that isnt is an attempted get out clause for his failure I dont know what is.

May have been posted here somewhere about Shines stating to the media that we are looking at 3 years to become competitive..
Wow what the f**k? If that isnt is an attempted get out clause for his failure I dont know what is.

Yeah I read that too.

He said it was only going to take us 2 or 3 games before round 1.

All on the record lol.

Nice to see a mod around, id thought you’d all signed elsewhere.

Mod Career opportunity’s exist on the politics threads😝

macnaz

Staff member
Yeah I read that too.

He said it was only going to take us 2 or 3 games before round 1.

All on the record lol.

Nice to see a mod around, id thought you’d all signed elsewhere.

Mod Career opportunity’s exist on the politics threads😝
Well to be honest I'm not here for the excitement these days with the club being what it is but I still have a job to do Phantom 👍🏻
PS. Wouldn't touch the political thread , its f**king toxic and moderated one sided.

I don’t think Benji is getting the kind of “grooming” he expected.

Fordy20

Juniors
"I didn't come back to coach, no matter what people thought," Sheens said.

Well what the f**k are you doing coaching then???

This piece of shit had 10 years in charge at this club including a 4 year finals drought. Madge didn't get four years of latitude, but he was clearly building something and would have had us playing finals football this year. Now the game managing half that would have been leading us to the finals is leading the Knights there instead and we're left with a spine that can't score points even with the forward pack dominating.

The board trusts Sheens and rather than telling the board to show Madge the same patience they did with him, Sheens instead whiteants Madge, gets him sacked, installs himself as head coach and then has the audacity to tell people he didn't want to coach in the first place. If that was true, they would have been assessing other candidates last season and would have simply gone to their next choice when Ciraldo rightly snubbed them.

Even if they hadn't bothered looking at other coaches before Ciraldo rejected them, Sheens could have easily started looking for other candidates at that point and we could have had a new coach in place this season. Instead, Benji gets wheeled as a excuse for Sheens live out his dream of being head coach again. In the mean time, we're on track for back to back spoons and now we have Sheens telling us we might getting a third.

So, I don't buy any of the bullshit Sheens is selling about not wanting to coach again and nor should anyone else.

Sheens expects us to believe that he only took the job under duress. He was somehow forced into it. He also could not refuse a big fat coaching pay check to bolster up his retirement.

And this week we’ve now got 2 years to wait instead of the 3 rounds he promised previously.

Ffs give us a break.

I’m glad Gal has started the ball rolling with the embarrassing questions. He’s not even a journo.

I’m hoping Hoops is working on a big exposé as to the secret, despicable and dodgy dealings of this board with no future.

Last edited:

westerntiger

Juniors
Lee and Justin have taken a massive collective dump on this club and the fans. They're raking in the cash while fans still pay for memberships/tickets/Kayo to watch a disinterested mob of players who are more interested in stuffing their face full of Maccas and Krispy Kreme. We have one of the highest paid half backs in the league who has no finals/rep experience and gets a guaranteed spot in the starting lineup every week. Three regular home grounds, one that is a decrepit cesspit, one that is in the middle of nowhere and hardly pulls a crowd and the last one is the home of our biggest rival. Then there's the games we take to magic round, Tamworth etc. We've made two big signings (Papali'i, Koroisau) and there was some optimism this season however we've ended up looking worse than we were last year.

We are absolute light years from even finishing 9th-10th let alone finals.

Tigerm

Coach

Bula will become the second Wests Tigers player to make his NRL debut this season when he runs out for the ANZAC Round match at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

The 21-year-old has today been elevated into Wests Tigers Top 30 squad, extending his playing contract through until the end of the 2025 season.

The Auckland-born outside back has been named at fullback for Sunday’s Round 8 game against the Sea Eagles.

Head coach Tim Sheens says Bula has earned this opportunity.

“He had a brilliant pre-season and has played well in the KOE Cup,” said Sheens.

Tigerm

Coach
I've thought for a while now that our issue is the board. We need a Julius Caesar to come in and dismiss them (violently if needed) and install himself as the temporary dictator for life.

If it worked for Rome 2,500 years ago it can work for us

Wests Tigers is delighted to announce the appointment of former Western Suburbs player, John Dorahy, to the club’s Board of Directors.

Dorahy takes up the position vacated by Simon Cook, who has stepped down after seven years of service to the club.

Dorahy enjoyed a highly decorated playing career amassing 239 first grade games across 15 seasons, including 102 for the Magpies between 1974 and 1979.

Is this the start of the answer?

Wests Tigers is delighted to announce the appointment of former Western Suburbs player, John Dorahy, to the club’s Board of Directors.

Dorahy takes up the position vacated by Simon Cook, who has stepped down after seven years of service to the club.

Dorahy enjoyed a highly decorated playing career amassing 239 first grade games across 15 seasons, including 102 for the Magpies between 1974 and 1979.

Is this the start of the answer?

The next unelected fat snouted matey steps up.

What is Dorahy’s qualification? Lee’s third cousin

Back to the future, again, another f**king dinosaur sucking on the wounded tiger.

Another step backwards by our f**k-faced leaching cretins in management.

Haven’t these brain dead impotent f**kwits done enough?

Mr Cook:

At least this punk resigned over the fiasco.

The only real man on the board.

Let the bodies hit the floor.

Last edited:
Wheel out yet another f**king famous matey dinosaur to try to distract us.

f**k they they we think are stupid.

John brings a kind dishonour to the magpie jersey by being bought off so cheaply.

That he’s stooped so low in life, is sad.

Ruining his legacy. Burning it!

Last edited: