What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
Does anyone know what the plan was for moving Joffa on? If it is indeed to get Frizzel then it's a bit of a head scratcher as Bateman and Ice have been outstanding (especially past few weeks). Bateman could play lock but I think he goes better in 12 row. I know Blore hasn't been great but I'd rather persist with developing him and Kepoa as 2nd rowers.

All that being said I'm a fan of Frizell. He's got talent but he's just not getting there at Knights

Tigerm

Coach
At the moment, it's hard to see what we need, to me, there is nothing showing up as a weak link in the team?

Changing a good forward for another good forward doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, unless you are getting the new forward cheaper?

But if that was the case, why wouldn't eels target the cheaper player?

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
Was Brooks outstanding though? One try he was important, the others were thanks to Api, Jahreem, Wakeham and Bateman.
Outstanding........ probably not, but he did have a good game and imo, it was his best game for us that I can remember plus, he had a few good ones leading up to it as well, so it wasn't a fluke.
I thought his general play, running, kicking and defence were pretty good.
My concern would be, was it all for his contract extension (it's happened to us before), one hot day doesn't mean it's summer.
But he is getting an extension, so we can only hope he has turned the corner.

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
Does anyone know what the plan was for moving Joffa on? If it is indeed to get Frizzel then it's a bit of a head scratcher as Bateman and Ice have been outstanding (especially past few weeks). Bateman could play lock but I think he goes better in 12 row. I know Blore hasn't been great but I'd rather persist with developing him and Kepoa as 2nd rowers.

All that being said I'm a fan of Frizell. He's got talent but he's just not getting there at Knights
I have a hunch they moved Joe on for the same reason they moved on Hastings. They were Madge’s men and they rubbed sheens the wrong way. Purely speculation though.

Tiger Ted

Bench
At the moment, it's hard to see what we need, to me, there is nothing showing up as a weak link in the team?

Changing a good forward for another good forward doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, unless you are getting the new forward cheaper?

We could certainly do with a gun centre.Toa was phenomenal on sat & he has been really good for the last mth.Hope he has turned the corner & consistently produces similar efforts.I’m not a big fan of Nadens albeit he’s our next best plus he is susceptible to injuries & suspensions.I’ve heard good things about Feledy but hes still only in Flegg & no guarantee he will progress into a quality nrl centre.Hence we should b chasing Bradman Best.

If they have moved on Joe for Frizzel this shows yet again they have poor vision. I loved Tyson as a player....3 years ago. It's pretty obvious he's playing hurt most weeks and is getting towards the end of his career so I can't see this changing. Joe is the better prospect out of the 2. Having said that I don't know what we're paying Joe vs the cost of Frizzel

If we were to target anyone from the knights I'd be lining up for Bradman Best. Young strong and in a position of need. He wouldn't even have to swap sides on the field.

Tigerm

Coach

Still no word on Joe's exit?

Tigerm

Coach

High-ranking members of the Wests Tigers have reportedly been spotted dining with player agent Mario Tartak last week.

The Daily Telegraph's journalist Phil Rothfield has reported that last week Wests Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis, CEO Justin Pascoe and recruitment boss Scott Fulton were with player agent Mario Tartak at Italian restaurant Totti's Rozelle.

WA Tiger

Bench
Re Offa: We don’t want nice guys that got lazy after the big payday and ended up with shit stats. And they are shit! We want mongrels.

Fordy20

Juniors
Is that what’s happened here? To me it just looks like he’s not getting the minutes cos he’s not being played at lock like he was last season.

WA Tiger

Bench
Ok so maybe he had a cry at sheens about it , with real men coming into the team and showing him how it’s done, or he didn’t want to be a team player? and that was the end of him?

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Feeling a bit sad to see Ofa going.
Hope the Tigers can provide info soon as to why they let him go and who we are signing.