What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Hopefully we only let those go, who we wanted to let go?
I bet their players don’t have to share the indoor basketball court with Lees ferari.

Hit a fender accidentally…and you’re out for the season.

You know we haven’t re-signed any halves or a full back beyond this year.

I still think we should look at Will Kennedy for the back, re-sign Doogie ( at a sensible price) and bring Moses home.

It might even be worthwhile trying to swap Brooks out sometime this year. Pay someone to get him off our hands.

Tim is on the slow burn strategy, but we also need more Dylan Edwards types taking a perpetual suppository and copping it for the good of all. In that case, we need to create and foster a very good (and happy) culture.

The new players, say Api in particular, Nado, they add a lot of culture value. Api was swamped by talent at the panthers, I think he will relish being more a noticeable actor in the throng.

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
I bet their players don’t have to share the indoor basketball court with Lees ferari.

Hit a fender accidentally…and you’re out for the season.

You know we haven’t re-signed any halves or a full back beyond this year.

I still think we should look at Will Kennedy for the back, re-sign Doogie ( at a sensible price) and bring Moses home.

It might even be worthwhile trying to swap Brooks out sometime this year. Pay someone to get him off our hands.

Tim is on the slow burn strategy, but we also need more Dylan Edwards types taking a perpetual suppository and copping it for the good of all. In that case, we need to create and foster a very good (and happy) culture.

The new players, say Api in particular, Nado, they add a lot of culture value. Api was swamped by talent at the panthers, I think he will relish being more a noticeable actor in the throng.
I really hope you’ve got the Moses thing wrong, but I agree we are short of halves (unless there are some in the lower grades?), Brooks has to realise he has a year to prove himself, imo, we got rid of the best 7 because of Timmy’s ego.

macnaz

Staff member
Well I missed a few bits here and there watching the game but I must say i didn't see anything at all to suggest we have have this amazing best ever pool of players coming through. There were some who will mature and could delevlope into 1st graders but as far as fmd wow talent I seen zero. Seemed most talent was in the forwards and Plodders in the backs , mirrored replica of our 1st grade side which is a worry as we havnt been able to unearth quality backs for years. If that's our pathway , we need to change direction ☹

Well I missed a few bits here and there watching the game but I must say i didn't see anything at all to suggest we have have this amazing best ever pool of players coming through. There were some who will mature and could delevlope into 1st graders but as far as fmd wow talent I seen zero. Seemed most talent was in the forwards and Plodders in the backs , mirrored replica of our 1st grade side which is a worry as we havnt been able to unearth quality backs for years. If that's our pathway , we need to change direction ☹
Same here-I don’t believe any of the pathways spin especially if we are on a huge recruitment binge of foreign nrl clubs.

But it wasn’t a “real” game.

If he gets the time, hopefully @Vic Mackey can enlighten us with a sober and truthful pathway appraisal. It might be too early for him.

Id follow him to the grave on these matters!

macnaz

Staff member
Yeah I would have swapped him for Junior Amone who is on an indefinite stand down, till his case his heard plus probably a 4-6 year full time gaol term after that.

Available in say 2030 if he’s found guilty and that’s a quite good result for him instead of the 14 year max.

Still better value in my eyes than the sulky and forgettable peachey.

Last edited:

Shredder

Juniors
Does anyone here think we are really any chance of getting Moses?

I mean, me personally, I don't want him back simply due to his carry on last time.

But would he come back if we made a play for him? I just cant see it happening.

I think we have seriously made a mistake by having all of our halves and 1s off contract at the same time.

Tigerm

Coach

I mean, me personally, I don't want him back simply due to his carry on last time.

I think we have seriously made a mistake by having all of our halves and 1s off contract at the same time.
I think Moses is a very decisive person and not the type we need. So it’s a NO from me.

Not sure if it’s a major problem having the halves and FB off at the same time, it does give us the opportunity to see how the players are performing and what is available. We’ve got a fair bit of the season to evaluate that.

I am not a big fan of Sheenius, but him, Benji, Robbie & Furner do seem to be on top of recruitment, so I am less concerned about this ATM.

Though, that said, we maybe short this season unless Laurie can fill the void?

Tigerm

Coach
What tier level is SG Ball from NRL?
e.g. Is it just below reserve grade (or what ever they call it)
or an age group?

macnaz

Staff member
Under 19 Tigerm , Jersey Flegg under 21.
They are at the age where if they are good enough they are old enough to play NRL.

Wizardman

First Grade
There is some word we will not get Bateman till April. The media and some scum opposition fans have tried to paint this as Tiger incompetence when we did nothing of the sort. We had to wait until the cap figure was sorted before signing him and the Xmas period has delayed things.

Two good things though. 1. The man is an absolute professional. He'll be fit and ready (without being match fit) when he gets here. 2. Him starting later in the season is not that bad a thing....will motivate some to get a spot in the 17 before he arrives.

Rod Coil

Juniors

When Moses was last at the Tigers he sooked & tanked until his Manager got a release for him.

I can’t believe that it is even being entertained to bring him back.

Wizardman

First Grade
When Moses was last at the Tigers he sooked & tanked until his Manager got a release for him.

I can’t believe that it is even being entertained to bring him back.
I have been in the "Never get Moses back" crew for a long time but over the last few months, my views have somewhat softened. He has grown as a footballer on the park as well as playing tougher on it. If he really wanted to come back, I'd take him.....he is in the elite class now.

In saying that, I have serious doubts about him wanting to come back. I doubt he'll go to the Dogs either. I think he is pulling the "Munster" card with his contract dealings with Parra and trying to squeeze as much as he can. He'll stay with Parra.

But would he come back if we made a play for him? I just cant see it happening.z

I think having the halves and 1s off contract is deliberate.

We are all in for Moses which I think is great unless we pay too much.

There are other 1s floating about off contract.

Hopefully we can keep Doogie. If the side shows something this year he may stay.