What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
I like the optimism but can't see it unfortunately. For us to make the 8 we need to win games like the previous two we just lost.
Hu? Sullivan was the mirror image of Brooks for the last two games..If an opposition needs a 14th player to literally help them win, Bud Sullivans your guy. Galvin and Sezer are a completely different proposition.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
And: A stupid fkn clause ..Who was it that for some reason, signed off on that one..If Stephano wants to go to Penrith he just takes the foot off the pedal. I would think we will reach the finals. I mean what sort of luck was Sezer and Galvin..especially Galvin…Good luck seems to gather around a coach when the tables turn for a club..I’m hoping for more of that

Nutz

Bench
If we beat either the Dogs, Chooks or Eagles this year I'll be happy. Beating all three would recharge my love for the game.
e5505977bd622ae03e5c53db44e813a6.jpg

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Ute's streets ahead of Samuela Fainu but Sammy is one of our best future fwds. I'd love to see him start with Ute but he's got to put on some size as he still looks a bit lean.
Imo, the plan all along was for him to eventually replace an aging Klemmer.
The thing I like about him is he's a goer and could end up playing big minutes in the engine room.
I should’ve said at the same stage of his career

Tigerm

First Grade
Though to be fair, if it is true, he needs to sack his manager to agreeing to it?
Michael Chammas on Twitter
The Manly Sea Eagles will pay Josh Schuster around $200,000 a year for the next three seasons as part of a deal that will see the back-rower’s contract mutually terminated as early as this week.
——————
Don’t know if he has a club, might be a cheap pickup if you could get him fit?

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The Manly Sea Eagles will pay Josh Schuster around $200,000 a year for the next three seasons as part of a deal that will see the back-rower’s contract mutually terminated as early as this week.
——————
Wayne Bennett, Melbourne or Penrith are the only places that might save his career and I don't want him

——————
Not worth the spot on the roster or the minimum wage of $120k in my opinion.

Way too much potential downside, which would almost certainly come to pass, based on his current and past behaviours.

I'd love to know how Manly managed to only get only $200k of an $800k yearly contact added to their cap. This has bullshit written all over it. The type of thing that if we did it, we'd get hit with a massive breach fine and reduction in cap space.

Tigerm

First Grade
Twitter chatter is:
Ponga out for 12 weeks, with lisfranc injury (what ever that is), no doubt more to come on this?

Nutz

Bench

Way too much potential downside, which would almost certainly come to pass, based on his current and past behaviours.

I'd love to know how Manly managed to only get only $200k of an $800k yearly contact added to their cap. This has bullshit written all over it. The type of thing that if we did it, we'd get hit with a massive breach fine and reduction in cap space.
I'm over the NRL as they seem to allow questionable crap to happen all the time.
Sometimes I think it was more fun and fullfilling watching your mates play down the local park in cup footy. Where you could walk up and down the sideline with a beer in your hand, lighthearted sledging and hangin around after fulltime to catch-up with everyone....then off to the club or pub.
This is how it all started back in 1908 and continued in the suburbs until it got too big and needed some serious governorship due to money.
Now it's become somewhat farcical and a bit of fun has been lost.

simmo05

Bench

Yeah it's horse shit. 800k should have to come off the cap, not 200 a year for 3 years

Tigerm

First Grade
Yeah it's horse shit. 800k should have to come off the cap, not 200 a year for 3 years

Just found this article, he will be paid $400k for this year and $200k for the 3 years, total $1m and that will go in there salary cap.
It sounds similar to what happened with Nofa, he was in multiple breaches of his contract and by rights, could have been sacked without any money, but the club didn't want that, so they gave him the money, pretty sure we did that for Nofa?

Turuva to the Tigers.

The Panthers winger is close to an announcement on his future and the Tigers have emerged as the likely option if he decides to leave Penrith at the end of the season.

Pezz70

Juniors
Turuva to the Tigers.

The Panthers winger is close to an announcement on his future and the Tigers have emerged as the likely option if he decides to leave Penrith at the end of the season.

Not a bad winger but I’d love to have a 190cm 95-100kg ball tearer to bring back the kick returns. I think it’s a real shame Tupou is moving on. He does have the occasional brain fart moment, but he has ability, is a fair sized unit and plays with a bit of vigour

Tiger Ted

Bench
Not a bad winger but I’d love to have a 190cm 95-100kg ball tearer to bring back the kick returns. I think it’s a real shame Tupou is moving on. He does have the occasional brain fart moment, but he has ability, is a fair sized unit and plays with a bit of vigour
He can also adeptly be a cover for fullback if Bula was to get injured

Latest posts