What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Das Hassler

Bench
If Luai wasn't coming I wouldn't have been surprised if Api also asked for permission to leave early but he seems fully commited...he's giving everything and must be doing it tough physically and in keeping his spirits up week to week....my guess is exhaustion is contributing a bit to his sometimes loose service from DH...really need either Da Silva to come along quickly or start using Simpkin more to give him a break

Nutz

Bench
Heard a few wks ago that the kid is playing with a broken hand
I just re-watched last game against the Dolphins and his right hand/thumb was strapped. It can't be broken but maybe fractured. I watched him put his whole weight on it a few times and it didn't seem to be bothering him.
If it's a fracture then he shouldn't play for 3 three weeks because if it's re- injured it could affect his passing and long term health.
If it's sprained then he'll be right and should go well against the cowgirls.

WA Tiger

Bench
If Luai wasn't coming I wouldn't have been surprised if Api also asked for permission to leave early but he seems fully commited...he's giving everything and must be doing it tough physically and in keeping his spirits up week to week....my guess is exhaustion is contributing a bit to his sometimes loose service from DH...really need either Da Silva to come along quickly or start using Simpkin more to give him a break
I think exhaustion could lead to missed tackles. but lobbed passes?? It doesn’t ring true to me..Some of them are diabolical and completely miss their mark. I think it’s just lazy ness and a bad habit. Benji needs to tell him sort it out

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I love how pro-active Richo is !!!

Wests Tigers boss flies to England on secret player cleanout mission​

Michael Chammas

By Michael Chammas

May 22, 2024 — 6.48pm

Wests Tigers chief executive Shane Richardson has flown to England to begin cleaning out the club’s underperforming roster and is set to seek expressions of interest from Super League clubs for a number of his players.

Richardson flew out of Sydney on Tuesday night bound for the United Kingdom as part of a selling spree that could have major ramifications on the joint venture club.

Sources with knowledge of the situation talking under the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely said that Richardson will meet with several clubs to gauge their appetite in striking a deal with the club to release some of their players from deals.
The managers of those players are unaware of Richardson’s secret mission. Richardson could not be reached. Wests Tigers chairman Barry O’Farrell did not respond to calls.

Multiple sources told the Herald that halfback Jayden Sullivan is on top of Richardson’s list of players to offload. Sullivan is on a deal worth around $500,000 a season. That will increase to about $600,000 in the final years of his four-year deal.
Sullivan joined the club in the off-season but Richardson, who wasn’t at the club when the deal was struck, is now trying to find the halfback a new home.

Sullivan was a priority target for coach Benji Marshall, who endorsed the deal that was struck by former recruitment manager Scott Fulton. He was also given Aidan Sezer over Jack Cogger.
Richardson has since invested $1.2 million a season in Panthers star playmaker Jarome Luai for the next five years (from 2025) and has to find money to keep boom rookie Lachlan Galvin.

The club is also paying $450,000-a-season for the services of young gun Latu Fainu after he signed one of the most lucrative deals for a player who hadn’t played in the NRL.

Other players the Tigers are willing to speak to Super League clubs about are expected to include Brent Naden (contracted until 2025 on around $300,000) and John Bateman (2026 on $600,000).

Richardson will also meet with prospective players, which is likely to be used as the reason for his trip, but multiple sources confirmed that his primary objective was to try and shed money in the salary cap and make roster spots available for next year.

The Tigers have one spot remaining on their 30-man roster for 2025 and recently offered injured utility Adam Doueihi a minimum-wage contract, which he declined.

It comes as back-rower Isaiah Papali’i has been granted permission to explore options at other clubs. Richardson met Papali’i’s manager a month ago, with rival clubs informed of his availability over the past few days.

The deal he signed to join the Tigers from Parramatta was for $650,000-a-season as the Dally M back-rower of the year. However, the deal included a 15 per cent ratchet clause that has since taken his salary to around $750,000. Papali’i isn’t interested in playing in the Super League.

Nutz

Bench
We were chatting about how good Luke Garner is yesterday. There is a player called Paul Seguier who is a clone.
He's a rep frog who plays as a prop for the Catalans Dragons in the Super League and France at international level.
I looked him up and I believe he's still unsigned for 2025???

macnaz

Staff member
Annoying how all the reporting is making out we have to offload players to accomodate Luai .... NO its just to f**k off all the players getting over paid and easily replaced by people doing the same average shit at half the price!
Anyway screw Bateman , the guy provded more negatives then positives.

WA Tiger

Bench
Annoying how all the reporting is making out we have to offload players to accomodate Luai .... NO its just to f**k off all the players getting over paid and easily replaced by people doing the same average shit at half the price!
Anyway screw Bateman , the guy provded more negatives then positives.
I think Luai’s already accommodated .. it’s like you bought that stupid small whipper snipper coz 2 people with 30 years experience said it’s all you need...so now you need to sell it on gumtree, coz it looks and esp sounds embarrassing and doesn’t handle hardly anything - for less than you paid for it, to buy the bigger one that you would have bought if they had of just shut up, or better still you had just trusted your instincts..
And as a consequence the $$ is unnecessarily tighter than it needs to be
It’s obviously not quite like that, but kind of and that exactly did happen to me, so I thought I’d get it off my chest

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I think Luai’s already accommodated .. it’s like you bought that stupid small whipper snipper coz 2 people with 30 years experience said it’s all you need...so now you need to sell it on gumtree, coz it looks and esp sounds embarrassing and doesn’t handle hardly anything - for less than you paid for it, to buy the bigger one that you would have bought if they had of just shut up, or better still you had just trusted your instincts..
It’s obviously not quite like that, but kind of and that exactly did happen to me, so I thought I’d get it off my chest
I've made bigger mistakes than that following the advice of someone who "knows". I'd only get depressed if I repeated the story here.

I hope you feel better for sharing.

WA Tiger

Bench
I do, cheers
I understand and I believe you
You’d have a few worthy story’s mate, for sure

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench

"2 guys with 30 years experience with wippersnippers"
Who were these crazy guys??
" man..shit you wouldnt believe!....they were mad f**kin times!"
:)

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
"2 guys with 30 years experience with wippersnippers"
Who were these crazy guys??
" man..shit you wouldnt believe!....they were mad f**kin times!"
:)
Haha It does sound funny doesn’t it!

Ones 70 yo and owned a Lawnmowing business since 1998 ( I just bought it- that’ll keep me alive for a while). The others the shop manager I’m guessing at least 4-5 years. Me zero experience.
They’re thinking the regular lovely little residential which I’ve got ..I’m thinking finding the one off mongrel jobs that u can charge more for..
Worse the price difference for the bigger sthill was. about $100
If you ever hear “thats all you need”.. Ignore !

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

I wasn’t taking much notice, I thought he was heading over to England to meet up with Richo?
He’s gone on f**king holidays to Fiji with his family.
Unbelievable.
I thought he said in the post game interview it was good we had the bye week to work on some things with the team.

Das Hassler

Bench

I wasn’t taking much notice, I thought he was heading over to England to meet up with Richo?
Unbelievable.
I thought he said in the post game interview it was good we had the bye week to work on some things with the team.

Apparantly the team and staff get 3 days off so maybe that's all it is ?

Tiger Ted

Bench

Unbelievable.
I can’t believe he’s going on a holiday now considering our predicament & the fact he gets a nice long break from the 1st week of September.