What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Meanwhile, the Wests Tigers are on the verge of parting ways with hooker Jake Simpkin. The 22-year-old is on a deal worth around $400,000 this year but the Tigers are in discussions with the Manly Sea Eagles about an immediate exit.

The sticking point remains how many years the Sea Eagles are willing to offer him beyond the end of this season.

His manager, Isaac Moses, is in discussion with Manly about him joining the club as early as this week and could be included in the Sea Eagles team list to play against the Panthers at BlueBet Stadium on Sunday.

Simpkin was brought to the Tigers from Queensland under the Maguire regime but has since fallen out of favour. The talented dummy half will be brought to the Sea Eagles as depth to cover for Lachlan Croker (head/neck injury). Croker hasn’t played for the Sea Eagles since round nine against the Canberra Raiders.

Meanwhile, the Wests Tigers are on the verge of parting ways with hooker Jake Simpkin. The 22-year-old is on a deal worth around $400,000 this year but the Tigers are in discussions with the Manly Sea Eagles about an immediate exit.

The sticking point remains how many years the Sea Eagles are willing to offer him beyond the end of this season.

His manager, Isaac Moses, is in discussion with Manly about him joining the club as early as this week and could be included in the Sea Eagles team list to play against the Panthers at BlueBet Stadium on Sunday.

Simpkin was brought to the Tigers from Queensland under the Maguire regime but has since fallen out of favour. The talented dummy half will be brought to the Sea Eagles as depth to cover for Lachlan Croker (head/neck injury). Croker hasn’t played for the Sea Eagles since round nine against the Canberra Raiders.

That’s a bit out of the blue.

Season payments start November, so a saving of 200 or something.

Brooksy and Tommy can show him the ropes.

There’s no question he’s going to lift another gear for another club. As night follows day.

Tigerm

First Grade

This all well and good, but hopefully they have a solid plan in place to replace them?
The NSW cup guys are not doing it for us.

WA Tiger

Bench
Agree, but you’ve got to have someone coming to replace them?
No you don’t..Those players and their salary’s make it impossible for the club to progress with ‘25 in mind.. First step get rid of them, so there’s $$ to spend.
And Its not like a mail order system.You wait until the good payers become available, you make an offer and hope for the best. That’s as solid as it gets, always has been. With Richo in charge we hope for better decisions there

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Agree, but you’ve got to have someone coming to replace them?
It's a bit like a double edged sword isn't it Tm.
We all knew this was going to happen especially after signing a thousand halfs [or is it halves].
Why were centres once referred to as centre three-quarters?
I remember as a kid, even in league I was called a centre three quarter??? Go figure
Anyway...I really thought a clean out should have been done earlier. It would have been better for Benji to take over when the roster was stable, so in that sense, Benji's appointment may have been a bit premature.

It's a bit like a double edged sword isn't it Tm.
We all knew this was going to happen especially after signing a thousand halfs [or is it halves].
Why were centres once referred to as centre three-quarters?
I remember as a kid, even in league I was called a centre three quarter??? Go figure
Anyway...I really thought a clean out should have been done earlier. It would have been better for Benji to take over when the roster was stable, so in that sense, Benji's appointment may have been a bit premature.
I was a break away for awhile, but given what union scrotey did last night I don’t like admitting it.

My job was to poleaxe the halfback.

Whom I usually found to be too quick.