What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

For sure..Is it more easy to fake young legs in the forwards than the backs? ..maybe …I think tho it’s more a case of our selectors having gone gah gah when forward “guns that were” became available..iether way these backs are current guns. Makes a nice change
Yes.

Add Turuva and the backline is entering into a bit of a “goldilocks” zone of sound young players with plenty of room above to hit their ceiling.

Better than previous years.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree, we’ve got Turuva coming in as well. The backline is shaping up fairly nicely. Outside of Samuela and Pole our starting pack is predominantly reserve graders
Yep, I’ve been very impressed with Sam this year.

But where we offload Sully and where Bateman isn’t coming back, the war chest should still be fat enough to squeeze in some pack talent.

There’s clean outs coming at other clubs.

Pezz70

Juniors
There was talk somewhere that Ryles doesn’t want RCG, he’s still parra’s best forward every week, probably get him
For the right price too, he is going on 32 though

There was talk somewhere that Ryles doesn’t want RCG, he’s still parra’s best forward every week, probably get him
I was thinking about him recently.

But he’s got that whiff of “bludger in waiting” about him and he’s apparently not a good person.

Taylan is likely to be in gaol if allegations and rumours are true.

WA Tiger

Bench
$750k with no input from the eels.. I don’t mind a prick in the ranks. Better than a useless prick.. Surely they have to offer something to make it happen. Others are interested so likely not happening

Nutz

Bench

Note the journo’s comments
Richio is just a journo who wouldn't know how to play the game. Just another puppet.
Late edit.
I'd be more upset if someone on NRL360 like Gordy had a go at the WT.
I'd take that to heart more so than if it came from Richio or the old drunk or Crawls.

Last edited:

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I just read the article on the herald in relation to the Tigers asking the NRL about Melbourne signing Stefano. It sounds dodgy.
It's Dodgy as. Storm players are allowed to invest their earnings into an Online Bookmaking Company owned by their Chairman. How they then distribute profits is murky and very conveluded.

This is why when they say players go there for less it's BS. Melbourne get rapped a lot for their "system" and how they somehow overachieve every year when in reality players go there for less under the cap but somehow still earn more money allowing them to have a couple extra marque players in their team.

To dicuss at length it would take a certain level of preparation, research and understanding so NRL360 will stick to the line Tigers are a basket case and players sign elsewhere for less.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
wt2024_signed_jeral-skelton_web.jpg
We've all seen this heading before only to get another lemon. I hope this fella is different. It's been a while since we've had a tank on the wing.

"I think Wests Tigers are a club with a very bright future, and to be a part of that is so exciting"

Jeral Skelton

Tiger05

First Grade
It's Dodgy as. Storm players are allowed to invest their earnings into an Online Bookmaking Company owned by their Chairman. How they then distribute profits is murky and very conveluded.

This is bullshit. To be clear I'm not stating that you are full of shit but assuming this is true this process is f**ked up beyond all recognition.

That is a private investment that is only available if you join the Storm. That does not constitute an endorsement at arms length and it shows the NRL is dodgy.

To dicuss at length it would take a certain level of preparation, research and understanding so NRL360 will stick to the line Tigers are a basket case and players sign elsewhere for less.

Spot on. On this topic I read a fantastic rugby league article yesterday which is the complete opposite of the Fox Sports days of our lives BS.

I pay for Kayo but I haven't watched one NRL 360 this year or any of their shows.