What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Not this year at least.

Im afraid that in the broad, his net contribution to the side has been absolute zero.

Whatever progress he’s made with some of the kids has been offset by regression in senior players.

He can’t coach at this level.

I’m sure he’s been trying, I’m sure he has the best of intentions, but he’s not up to it.

The sooner the powers that be hatch a plan to remove him and have the guts to do so, the better for all concerned.

We need him to exit quietly and tell the world it’s his decision for family reasons.

The ultimate sacrifice.

Club first Benji, the same standards we are asked to follow.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Im afraid that in the broad, his net contribution to the side has been absolute zero.

Whatever progress he’s made with some of the kids has been offset by regression in senior players.

I’m sure he’s been trying, I’m sure he has the best of intentions, but he’s not up to it.

The sooner the powers that be hatch a plan to remove him and have the guts to do so, the better for all concerned.
Happy to give Benji another year but we really need to build some defensive cohesion. We’ve had a lot of really young boys come through this year, it’s a shame we didn’t win more games, but I think, if we can keep Galvin, Bula, Da Silva, Samuela& Sione for a couple of years we will climb the table. I’m not as keen on Pole as some. We need someone with a bit of proper c in them to starch the pack up and somebody with a big motor in the ilk of Cameron Murray or Angus Crichton (I’d settle for a Heighington or Liam Fulton type player) to do the extra grunt work

Happy to give Benji another year but we really need to build some defensive cohesion. We’ve had a lot of really young boys come through this year, it’s a shame we didn’t win more games, but I think, if we can keep Galvin, Bula, Da Silva, Samuela& Sione for a couple of years we will climb the table. I’m not as keen on Pole as some. We need someone with a bit of proper c in them to starch the pack up

i understand your compassion and I’m not blaming him for all our woes.

But he hasn’t connected and he’s kept rewarding players on holiday.

He’s not tough enough and is uninspiring where it matters. Our ugly lot forget everything he has said by the time they enter the tunnel, let alone run out.

Nothing personal, he can do other things with us, just keep him clear of anything that matters.

Anyway, he will be given at least another year because the club is too invested in him. We rushed into this Benji for coach business way too early and without any clue.

Since my nailing of myself to this sinking sink, I’ve learned that one thing we are really good at is ignoring a crisis. It’s not beyond us to ask a drowning man if he would lke a drink. That’s how we (crocodile) roll.

Anyway, there’s no use whinging.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I’m not as keen on Pole as some. We need someone with a bit of proper c in them to starch the pack up and somebody with a big motor in the ilk of Cameron Murray or Angus Crichton (I’d settle for a Heighington or Liam Fulton type player) to do the extra grunt work
Pole has been our best forward imo.
Agree that an Angus Chrichton type would totally transform our pack.
Liam Fulton too. He's not a big unit but like you say has a big motor. Have you noticed hiw Curran from the dogs has done the same.
I thought Bateman was going to be our energizer man but he's been ill disciplined and ineffective.
Benji hasn't had a roster yet to get it done but next year when he starts to get some troops there's no excuse to at least get off the bottom of the ladder.

Nutz

Bench
i understand your compassion and I’m not blaming him for all our woes.

But he hasn’t connected and he’s kept rewarding players on holiday.

He’s not tough enough and is uninspiring where it matters. Our ugly lot forget everything he has said by the time they enter the tunnel, let alone run out.

Nothing personal, he can do other things with us, just keep him clear of anything that matters.

Anyway, he will be given at least another year because the club is too invested in him. We rushed into this Benji for coach business way too early and without any clue.

Since my nailing of myself to this sinking sink, I’ve learned that one thing we are really good at is ignoring a crisis. It’s not beyond us to ask a drowning man if he would lke a drink. That’s how we (crocodile) roll.

Anyway, there’s no use whinging.
Well said ha ha. You crack me me up TSP, my shout. Tooheys New mate, You get the next after that :)

Tigerm

Coach

We need him to exit quietly and tell the world it’s his decision for family reasons.

The ultimate sacrifice.

Club first Benji, the same standards we are asked to follow.
The trouble with him, he has stated that it should be work / life balance job.

But when you are being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, that is just bull shit.

I'm sure all the good coaches, work their arse off all year, to get the squad firing.

I don't know if he can coach or not, but I think he has next year to show something, or it's back to Fox discussing footy with the other has beens.