What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

Mr Red

First Grade
Maybe I am wrong, but in those early years when Soward broke the line he did so from second phase play and when the defensive line was not set.

this !
soward is an opportunist.. he will run when opportunity presents itself, ie second phase play, or when the attacking team drops a ball etc etc..
as our attack was so lame this season, and second phase play non-existant there were fewer opportunites presented for soward to run...

and those people getting hung up on whether soward plays half or five eighth... it really doesnt matter in the modern game, you usually find one stands on the left of the ruck and one on the right side of the ruck... so its more a case of whether soward is a left side or right side player...
and we all saw the disaster this season when Price moved soward to the wrong side of the ruck in attack....

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Checking in for the Monaro area old boys reunion :) Played in juniors for Snowy River Bears in the early 70s. It was Berridale but my Dad involved in switching the name and colours to the bears (Berridale was horrible green colours). Fond memories of Cooma showground with an inch of ice on the ground :) My brother had the football genes and played many years for Queanbeyan Kangaroos (we hate the Furners, Queanbeyan Blues and the Raiders :))

RIP the Snowy River Snakes! LOL. Its all Rugby up there now.

All the Group 16 boys head to the Roos these days. Its the way of the world - kids leave small towns for work and opportunities now.

They're my team down that way too. Going for the three-peat under Aaron Gorrell this Sunday. Always hated the Blues.

gypsy

Bench
what people overlook though, is the effect Soward not running has on our backrowers and centres.
Defenders can afford to slide off him knowing he will rarely challenge the line.

The result - Our outside players get no room/time and get hammered.
Geez i miss Barrett.

gorilla

First Grade

All the Group 16 boys head to the Roos these days. Its the way of the world - kids leave small towns for work and opportunities now.

They're my team down that way too. Going for the three-peat under Aaron Gorrell this Sunday. Always hated the Blues.

Well I ended up playing U/18s for Woden Valley Rams after moving from Cooma, and Monaro U/18s in 1976, I think (getting way back now). Stopped then and concentrated on waterpolo which I'd been playing (Cooma and Canberra) for about 7 - 8 years.

Hated the Qbyn boys, Crookwell, and Goulburn - well another planet.

rainman44

Bench
what people overlook though, is the effect Soward not running has on our backrowers and centres.
Defenders can afford to slide off him knowing he will rarely challenge the line.

The result - Our outside players get no room/time and get hammered.
Geez i miss Barrett.
Thats right

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

I'm one of those traitors who played juniors for the roos but seniors for the blues...

And then won a premiership with the blues :)

Joey_dragons

Juniors
i heard from a mate of mine who is close with the tigers saying
sheens will be at the warriors next season and nathan brown will be coaching the tigers.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I'm one of those traitors who played juniors for the roos but seniors for the blues...

And then won a premiership with the blues :)

You worked at Chandlers and you played for the Blues. You truly are a merkin Muz. It went that way for years.

They all come back home now though. To win comps. And Chandlers are dead and buried.

The good guys win in the end:D

gorilla

First Grade
No offense but could we leave this thread for rumours as opposed to regional footy team nostalgia?

Yeah, push us out - wadda ya live in Nimmittybell or Gullburn or somethin' ?

Better set up a SE NSW thread for all the normals.

Last edited:

TheRev

Coach
such a desperate move by the dragons..... lets hope he has the motivation to save his career.

Latest posts