What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

Breathingfire

Juniors
I don't see how Gypsy wrote Stanley off in this thread. He was just saying that Stanley is probably not the superstar we had hoped and I agree 110%. He may develop into a solid first grader but he is not young super star on the rise.

possm

Coach
I don't see how Gypsy wrote Stanley off in this thread. He was just saying that Stanley is probably not the superstar we had hoped and I agree 110%. He may develop into a solid first grader but he is not young super star on the rise.

Tme will tell if Style will be a star. The Dragons should give him and other aspiring young halves the best possible chance by arranging personal coaching with someone like Joey Johns. I really don't believe Price can work magic in this area.

Get Joey one on one during the off season with King, Soward, Drinkwater and when he is fit to train again, with Kyle. Why wouldn't the Club want to do this?

nrlnrl

First Grade
After watching the under 20s last night, I believe young Garvy is going to be a great hooker and will be recruited by other clubs if we don't show him a way forward. Right now he is behind Rein, King and Fien.

With Kyle injured and Fein a year older, why not put King and Soward in the halves for the first few games next year and give Garvy some game time with Rein at hooker?

6. King
7. Soward
9. Rein
17. Garvy

Craig Garvey can still play Toyota Cup next year, but I agree with you re his ability. He looks very sharp passing both ways, runs well & is a handy kicker in general play. A tough decision coming up regarding the future of these 3 young number 9's. However, as you mention, they could look at switching King to another position.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Theyre only a couple of years apart in age.

Mitch Rein is numero uno #9. King has all the tools.

We'll lose some kids, as always.

Fire

First Grade
I don't mean to be a smart-arse guys but why are we still talking halfbacks?

6. Soward
7. Fien
14. King

plus we have Drinkwater now who can ply his trade in the Cutters and Style to come back from injuries.

The halves situation is beautiful.

mmap dragons

Juniors
Just read that dragons are trying to sign rangi chase.
I think he's a good player better than Lui or mortimer.
He's a former dragon to.
Also on the news Heighington told to look for another club. Would love to have him
At the dragons. We need a bit of mongrel.

It was reported in the Sun newspaper in the UK. Apparently there is a tug of war between Hull and the Dragons for his services. Ian and Bobby Millward are involved in a potential move back to the Dragons.

64 Dragon

Coach
It was reported in the Sun newspaper in the UK. Apparently there is a tug of war between Hull and the Dragons for his services. Ian and Bobby Millward are involved in a potential move back to the Dragons.

Who are you talking about, Lui, Chase or Heighington? I guess Rangi, if he is supposed to be coming back. But what for? The Cutters?

mmap dragons

Juniors
Who are you talking about, Lui, Chase or Heighington? I guess Rangi, if he is supposed to be coming back. But what for? The Cutters?

For those not as perseptive as some, I shall digress. My inference was relative to Rangi Chase. Hull have been after him for some time, Can't say I've heard they are chasing Lui nor Heighington. The context of my reply was relative to the quoted reply. I did not speculate on his potential return nor where he may or may not play. I clarified the source of the reply only. :sarcasm:

possm

Coach
Sam Williams has been outstanding over the past few games. Why wasn't he top of our list to fill the halves in the absence of Kyle being available?

Fingerbang

Bench
Sam Williams has been outstanding over the past few games. Why wasn't he top of our list to fill the halves in the absence of Kyle being available?
I am getting fed up of this negative crap and finger pointing from you possm.....ffs, go and ask the missus for a bj or something. Take some time out.

Why wasn't Williams top of our list for halfback? For your information, he was looked at as a possible signing as Hornby's replacement. His form has only skyrocketted over the last few weeks. His 1st grade form was nowhere as good as it is now when he was being looked at by a few clubs, not just ours. The kid had a few offers to ponder, and decided to re sign with the Raiders.....the club that brought him through the ranks to give him his shot at 1st grade. Yes, months later it might look like he would have been worth throwing a few extra thousand $$ at, but you would have been one of the first giving it to Doust if he overspent on a kid who still had not shown he would handle first grade footy.

I am happy for Raiders and for Sam Williams for his decision to stay with Raiders. I also don't believe either Williams or McCrones position will be in jeopardy when Campese returns....I think Campo is the one who is going to have to fight to keep one of these two out of the team.

possm

Coach
I am getting fed up of this negative crap and finger pointing from you possm.....ffs, go and ask the missus for a bj or something. Take some time out.

There is no need for that tone; I suggest you might consider your own advice.

I was not aware he had signed and so the question. I would think a response like 'yes he would have been a good signing but he has already signed with the Raiders' would have been sufficient.

rainman44

Bench

Why wasn't Williams top of our list for halfback? For your information, he was looked at as a possible signing as Hornby's replacement. His form has only skyrocketted over the last few weeks. His 1st grade form was nowhere as good as it is now when he was being looked at by a few clubs, not just ours. The kid had a few offers to ponder, and decided to re sign with the Raiders.....the club that brought him through the ranks to give him his shot at 1st grade. Yes, months later it might look like he would have been worth throwing a few extra thousand $$ at, but you would have been one of the first giving it to Doust if he overspent on a kid who still had not shown he would handle first grade footy.

I am happy for Raiders and for Sam Williams for his decision to stay with Raiders. I also don't believe either Williams or McCrones position will be in jeopardy when Campese returns....I think Campo is the one who is going to have to fight to keep one of these two out of the team.
Campo to 13

nrlnrl

First Grade

I agree, the Raiders tried both as half with Campese & it didn't really work. As a half / five-eighth combo they've grown in confidence. Next season I think they'll try either Williams or McCrone as a hooker. With Campese, he might just be one of those injury prone players.

Breathingfire

Juniors
Sam won't play for Saints as long as the Rock Star is around.

Wrap poor Sowie cotton wool. He has been dining out on that semi-final field goal and the premiership win for too long now. There is a new competition to win every year. Just ask Hasler, he wants to win ALL the time and will never bask in past glories. You enjoy the moment and move on to the next challenge. The attitude at St George and a few on this forum is that things are OK because we won a competition two years ago. We need to get that competitive streak back.