What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run Home Predictions

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yeah, we're in a pretty good place at the moment, win next week and we play week three against a Souths or Roosters side that have beaten the shit outta each other the week before whilst we've had a week off to sort our niggles, lose and we avoid Roosters / Souths until the GF, if of course we make it and one of them do.

We've shown we can compete with the Storm and Penrith, so we can go into those games knowing we're a good shot, Cowboys haven't beat a top eight side since their round 11 win over the Storm, and even if they did smash us in Darwin it was just one of those games for us and too long ago to worry about.

Sharks have been kissed on the dick this year with their draw, they are a good footy side, but their record against top eight teams is four from nine across the season, and their run to the finals whilst they've done the job, has been a little soft and I don't know if that does them too many favours come finals as far as preparation goes, though on the plus side I believe they all hands on deck. ( correct me if I'm wrong there )

So all in all we're in with a decent shot, were reasonably fit injury wise, with the exception being Moses' niggles and to a lesser extent Nrown, who injured or not might not come into side anyways, and we have some momentum with good performances in the last six weeks. I still reckon we need to beat Penrith next week to be a real threat, I reckon the week off would do us no end of good, but even if we do lose, it's not beyond us to string another coupla wins in a row and make it to the big dance

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah, we're in a pretty good place at the moment, win next week and we play week three against a Souths or Roosters side that have beaten the shit outta each other the week before whilst we've had a week off to sort our niggles, lose and we avoid Roosters / Souths until the GF, if of course we make it and one of them do.

We've shown we can compete with the Storm and Penrith, so we can go into those games knowing we're a good shot, Cowboys haven't beat a top eight side since their round 11 win over the Storm, and even if they did smash us in Darwin it was just one of those games for us and too long ago to worry about.

Sharks have been kissed on the dick this year with their draw, they are a good footy side, but their record against top eight teams is four from nine across the season, and their run to the finals whilst they've done the job, has been a little soft and I don't know if that does them too many favours come finals as far as preparation goes, though on the plus side I believe they all hands on deck. ( correct me if I'm wrong there )

So all in all we're in with a decent shot, were reasonably fit injury wise, with the exception being Moses' niggles and to a lesser extent Nrown, who injured or not might not come into side anyways, and we have some momentum with good performances in the last six weeks. I still reckon we need to beat Penrith next week to be a real threat, I reckon the week off would do us no end of good, but even if we do lose, it's not beyond us to string another coupla wins in a row and make it to the big dance
I really would like nrown back for maka. U know he will give it his all and he can play another marata role. Come in, rip in, restup

Moses grimacing is not a good sight. He should stay away from big forwards and granite centres

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yeah, we're in a pretty good place at the moment, win next week and we play week three against a Souths or Roosters side that have beaten the shit outta each other the week before

Doesn’t the winner Roosters/South’s play the loser Sharks / Cowboys?

And the winner from that game play the winner from us / panthers?

if Cowboys lose week 1, there is no guarantee Roosters/South’s return from Townsville as winners either …

hindy111

Post Whore

if Cowboys lose week 1, there is no guarantee Roosters/South’s return from Townsville as winners either …

I just know we play Storm if lost to Penrith.

Can anyone see Souths beating the Roosters?

I think if they win next week they'd play Cowboys up there or Sharks. The following week Penrith or us.
They can't meet the Storm unless in the GF.

emjaycee

Coach

I think if they win next week they'd play Cowboys up there or Sharks. The following week Penrith or us.
You seem to be forgetting or ignoring the fact that if Canberra play Melbourne in Melbourne next week, they will be going for a 5-0 win record over them at AAMI.

1662160285545.png

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

While Roosters will be favourites, I reckon South have a fair chance and wouldn’t be surprised at all if they won…

I think Canberra will have a good crack too, but Storm probably to strong in the end…

it’s probably the first finals in a while where any side could win without surprising (unless broncos finish 8th….which would be surprising)

King-Gutho94

Coach
You seem to be forgetting or ignoring the fact that if Canberra play Melbourne in Melbourne next week, they will be going for a 5-0 win record over them at AAMI.

View attachment 65718
Hopefully Canberra make it. They will at least make storm earn the win I feel and it be a tougher match.

If Brisbane sneak in they would get pummelled and pretty bruise free for Melbourne is the last thing the whole comp needs.

Bandwagon

Staff member

As I read it the draw swaps over for week three. The idea being it's then not possible for teams to play each other twice in unless they meet in the GF

strider

Post Whore
So we will get a "home city" final one way or another.

Where would people like that to be played? .... Homebush is the likely venue. Closer to Parra. Parra stadium is too small .... i wonder if they would consider playing us at the new shiney stadium? But again only what 42,000, so maybe too small

Parra

Referee
So we will get a "home city" final one way or another.

Where would people like that to be played? .... Homebush is the likely venue. Closer to Parra. Parra stadium is too small .... i wonder if they would consider playing us at the new shiney stadium? But again only what 42,000, so maybe too small

Parra stadium would ge best pick.

The main thing we need is for Moses to stay fit.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
As I read it the draw swaps over for week three. The idea being it's then not possible for teams to play each other twice in unless they meet in the GF
It does, but there is no guarantee roosters/south’s get to week 3, they got to get pass week 2….

strider

Post Whore
Parra stadium would ge best pick.

The main thing we need is for Moses to stay fit.
We wont play at parra stadium. Its not big enough .... my guess is we would play at homebush because they would be hoping we could draw a 50k+ crowd

King-Gutho94

Coach
We wont play at parra stadium. Its not big enough .... my guess is we would play at homebush because they would be hoping we could draw a 50k+ crowd
If we have a home final in Week 2 it will be at Commbank as Melbourne and Canberra won't draw 50k. And Commbank is a world class facility not a surbaban shithole.

Week 3 I have a feeling will be at Homebush to get that extra push.

Though AAMI Park in Melbourne has hosted prelim finals and that capacity is only 30k.

eels_fan

First Grade
We won’t get a prelim at home, but we should get the semi there if we lose to panthers (we played the rabbits semi at Bankwest 2 years ago).

if we win v panthers that makes us the home team in the prelim so that would be at Accor

if we take the longer route (lose to panthers, win semi at Commbank) then we’d be the away team for the prelim so based on our side of the draw it would either be at Allianz against Sharks or Townsville against Cowboys

Latest posts