What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run Home Predictions

King-Gutho94

Coach
Need to roll Souths IMO. Could play them again in the finals

Bash and belt them hard and early, They have a tendency to put on a lot of points early when they are fresh, then its uphill from there chasing and game basically lost. Need to give them something to think about for the finals other than oh its Parra lets just flick it out wide, not as simple as that but it just appears that it is
Yeah i agree.

In saying that we have always seemed to play them at the wrong times in recent years when not having a fit squad.

RCG missed both games against souths last year. And Kaufusi was knocked out 1st tackle in both matches so were 2 front rowers down in both games last year from the whistle basically.

Dylan Brown was suspended for one of the matches last year.

The 2020 semi Final we had Dunster on Debut, Taka & George Jennings on the other side our whole backline was decimated for our most important game of the year.

This week we have no Moses.

Its not that the results may have changed but we certainly haven't had a proper chance to have a full-strength crack at souths either in recent times.

DaveMc

Juniors
I hesitate to say it, but I think we’re a good chance this week. I just feel like we’re due for a good showing against Souths (long overdue, to be frank). I say this based on nothing more than a gut feeling, but I’m quietly confident that we won’t get blown off the park, at the least.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I hesitate to say it, but I think we’re a good chance this week. I just feel like we’re due for a good showing against Souths (long overdue, to be frank). I say this based on nothing more than a gut feeling, but I’m quietly confident that we won’t get blown off the park, at the least.
Shut down 'trell, shut down Souths?

Gronk

Staff member
Jahrome Hughes will be fit for the eels game. Of course he will be. 🤨

Looks like he will be out for Pennys, Broncos and possibly Roosters.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Jahrome Hughes will be fit for the eels game. Of course he will be. 🤨

Looks like he will be out for Pennys, Broncos and possibly Roosters.

Maybe we are 4th on the ladder leading into the match and the game wont have a bearing on the ladder (for us)?

Rest bulk of our main players, send in our reserves like last year 🤓

PS Maybe give Moses a run :p

EelsFan05

Bench
Maybe we are 4th on the ladder leading into the match and the game wont have a bearing on the ladder (for us)?

Rest bulk of our main players, send in our reserves like last year 🤓

PS Maybe give Moses a run :p
Did I hear BA say in the Manly presser that he made a mistake resting players last year? And wont be doing it again this season.

King-Gutho94

Coach
He would only rest players if we couldn't finish higher or lower no matter the result.

Last year we couldn't get into the top 4 and couldn't finish lower 6th.

Also last round being a home game i doubt he or the club would send a reserves team out as they would want to entice fans to come.

Last year with it being in a HUB in QLD also made that part irrelevant.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Need to roll Souths IMO. Could play them again in the finals

Bash and belt them hard and early, They have a tendency to put on a lot of points early when they are fresh, then its uphill from there chasing and game basically lost. Need to give them something to think about for the finals other than oh its Parra lets just flick it out wide, not as simple as that but it just appears that it is
If we don’t compress (sTaY oN yOuR wInG fFs!!!) we will get carved up by Cook and Murray’s speed and footwork in the middle.

emjaycee

Coach
If we don’t compress (sTaY oN yOuR wInG fFs!!!) we will get carved up by Cook and Murray’s speed and footwork in the middle.
So your saying we need to compress to counter Murray and Cook in the middle but spread when they swing wide to the edges so we don't give them constant overlaps and Johnston an open walk to the tryline?

Easy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So your saying we need to compress to counter Murray and Cook in the middle but spread when they swing wide to the edges so we don't give them constant overlaps and Johnston an open walk to the tryline?

Easy.
There’s a reason they’ve scored so many points, even with a rookie coach and halfback. They have some brilliant attacking players.

Yeh, I'm usually very pessimistic going into a game v Souths over the last few years, but I think we might do ok here if we don't drop the ball in our own half. 30-20 Eels.

84 Baby

Referee
Maybe I’m the one who’s wrong but I think if we play like last week, we’ll lose. By how much will depend on our goal line defence.

Last week in the general grind, our 5th tackles were slow and poorly positioned, that led to stock clearing kicks easily defused by Garrick or Saab. Manly then worked it through middle/our left for a couple of tackles, then shifted to our right, and while we slid and stopped line breaks, they were comfortably picking up 20+ metres. This meant they were in good field position for kicks that then perpetuated the above. Was only really some individual efforts and Foran going off that turned the tide.

Souths are going to try that from kickoff.

the phantom menace

First Grade
We beat the storm regularly now when they are full strength……we are at home and they have lots of injuries

and our record in Brisbane is good
Good point about the Storm... their injuries should tip things in our favour.

I remain worried about the Broncs game though, given we didn't show up against them in the match recently when we were pretty close to full strength and had everything to play for...

But hopefully we just stay calm, bank the Doggies game, and know that we should still make the 8 even if we don't nab another win before finals.

yy_cheng

Coach

Easy.
Or stick a few extra players on when they're not looking

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well every player that spoke in the media today mentioned our poor record against souths.

I think we will bring the intensity just weather we can stop them.

Latest posts