What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Packer

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Doust probably holds booze up parties in the Taj Auditorium and sleeps there as well. He is a useless turd who does
nothing. He talks about organic growth
but all he does is navel gaze and like
Nero fiddles his salary package to ensure that he bankrupts the club when he is forced to retire because he
can not remember where his Crownies
are.

Saintsified

Bench
I heard on TV Nightingale has played a total 36 matches or so at fullback for us. That's a season and a half give him the years fullback money already for f**ks sake, deserved it never let us down, should've dug his heels in and say he wants to play fullback fulltime.

Actually don't mind him there.

cussy

Juniors
This is true and they are not the only club doing it . Our lot are as dumb as dog SH*T when it comes to re signing players . Need to smarten up and work out how the rest do it ( they are getting away with it ) or continue to loose good players ......
Hard to compete when Roosters have CEOS and bosses from many big corporates, broncos the thoroughbreds, Melbourne basically News corp, Bulldogs the Canterbury mafia running the show.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Millard has done his job unfortunately the managers of Packer and probably Dugan ,are looking after their bottom line .Dugan's tweet Leeds me to believe if he does leave then he's not the kind of guy you want to keep.

SaintPauli

Juniors
As much as Russell can be replaced, I feel like we will miss his aggression up front more than people might think. He really has formed an imposing partnership up front with Vaughny, something we have lacked for years.
The difference between good and great clubmen is the great ones eg Ben Creagh took pay cuts because
1. They love the club
2. They can see the potential with who they are playing with.
The Dragons offer to Rusty was not that far off and considering what the dragons have done to resurrect his career it is dissapointing. Lose 100k and win a comp with your mates or go to a new club which is on turmoil. Wrong decision for Russell IMO

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I don't understand the belief that Saints are possibility of winning the competition while McGregor is in charge.

Cleary vs 'Mary': it's a no brainer irrespective of any monetary shortfall.

mickeylane

Bench
The difference between good and great clubmen is the great ones eg Ben Creagh took pay cuts because
1. They love the club
2. They can see the potential with who they are playing with.
The Dragons offer to Rusty was not that far off and considering what the dragons have done to resurrect his career it is dissapointing. Lose 100k and win a comp with your mates or go to a new club which is on turmoil. Wrong decision for Russell IMO
Our offer $1.8M for 3 years
Tigers $3M for 4 years
thats $1.2M difference.. too much to say no to IMO ...

mickeylane

Bench
I don't understand the belief that Saints are possibility of winning the competition while McGregor is in charge.

Cleary vs 'Mary': it's a no brainer irrespective of any monetary shortfall.
What has Cleary done w the Tigers...all hands on deck (against Souths fanstastic 4 all played) and play like heartless dogs!!
McGregor has turned a team we all thought was destined for a spoon this year into a top 8 team with the best forward pack in the NRL (Give him credit he called the power game the club was going to play back in December and they been the benchmark for all teams) we are the no 1 attacking team...what else can the guy do...he's lost his 2 best players for 4-6 weeks yet we are still unbelievably competitive..

getsmarty

Immortal
What has Cleary done w the Tigers...all hands on deck (against Souths fanstastic 4 all played) and play like heartless dogs!!
McGregor has turned a team we all thought was destined for a spoon this year into a top 8 team with the best forward pack in the NRL (Give him credit he called the power game the club was going to play back in December and they been the benchmark for all teams) we are the no 1 attacking team...what else can the guy do...he's lost his 2 best players for 4-6 weeks yet we are still unbelievably competitive..

Agree Mickey. Mary has done well, although there is a Question mark over his Plan B.( most times it looks like there isn't one ). Still some puzzling selections IMHO. Mann has yet to get a good go in the Firsts and is constantly shifted. Will we ever see his potential; if this is the case.
The main question with Mary is can we win a Comp with him in charge. I am not confident that we can. That being the case, we need to look at what other experienced coaches are available. If no one else is available re-sign Mary for no more than 2 years with the 2nd year in the clubs favour.

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
As much as Russell can be replaced, I feel like we will miss his aggression up front more than people might think. He really has formed an imposing partnership up front with Vaughny, something we have lacked for years.

Exactly tom.
They are the best starting props in the game as a pair.

Latest posts