What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Matterson possibly on the way out?

Mader45

Juniors
Whatever happens this is going to show if we've learnt anything over the last decade about recruitment.

If this club wasn't a basketcase for so long we could have been fielding a team in 2019 with Tedesco, Moses, JAC, Fifita and Tapau.

Personal opinions aside, considering all 5 of those players seem happy and entrenched in their new teams and are performing to marquee player levels.... Maybe its not the players. Maybe its us.

WA Tiger

Bench
Fair dinkum, we sure can pick 'em can't we?
Teo, Moses, Anasta, Woods, and now this peanut.
It may be time for Madge to call on his secret weapon: his little friend the baseball bat...
Madge eats this shit for breakfast ...This is like a rest stop for him

Tiger Ted

Bench
Whatever happens this is going to show if we've learnt anything over the last decade about recruitment.

If this club wasn't a basketcase for so long we could have been fielding a team in 2019 with Tedesco, Moses, JAC, Fifita and Tapau.

Personal opinions aside, considering all 5 of those players seem happy and entrenched in their new teams and are performing to marquee player levels.... Maybe its not the players. Maybe its us.
Pre Madge I agree that it likely was us & the ineptitude of our previous administrations.

However during the Madge era it ain’t us.In the ruthless & dignified Madge we trust !

I'm starting to think this guy has an attitude problem and maybe part of the reason why Roosters didn't fight to keep him

Actually, if you will recall, my club released him, as he was still under contract to the Roosters for 2019, after which he then signed for the Wests Tigers. He was let go as he was told his opportunities to play first grade would be limited following the signing of Angus Crichton for 2019.

The unknown

Juniors
Actually, if you will recall, my club released him, as he was still under contract to the Roosters for 2019, after which he then signed for the Wests Tigers. He was let go as he was told his opportunities to play first grade would be limited following the signing of Angus Crichton for 2019.

Well what's to say he didn't pull this same shit at the Roosters, thinking he's worth more, thinks he deserves a starting spot etc. Maybe he threw his toys out of the cott there too but your mob are better at sweeping it under the carpet.

Anyway if he does leave the next club to get him should be extra cautious. It's like Mitch Moses all over again with the morals but this guy seems less of an actual d bag

Vic Mackey

Referee

But that’s kinda the point. His talent has always been there to see and the roosters are better at spotting it then most. If they had a guy on $300k they thought was capable of playing Origin they wouldn’t have splashed the best part of $1mil on another guy unless the bloke already at the club had some issues

adamkungl

Immortal
But that’s kinda the point. His talent has always been there to see and the roosters are better at spotting it then most. If they had a guy on $300k they thought was capable of playing Origin they wouldn’t have splashed the best part of $1mil on another guy unless the bloke already at the club had some issues

Tbh I think we just jumped too early on Crichton.
If we thought Matterson was gonna have the season he did this year I'd say we save the money.

As for the "Contracts dont mean anything!!!" sooking... really, this again?
Contracts aren't a slavery agreement or a promise to fans.
Contracts exist to protect both parties.

Matterson's contract with Wests mean that Wests can hold him to account until they get a better outcome. If he wants to be a drama queen then sit him in reserve grade until someone else offers a favourable trade.
Doubling his money early, or releasing him early, would both be failures for the Tigers.

The other side of the coin is Darius Boyd has every right to demand his remaining salary from the Broncos, whether or not they still want him playing football.

Pezz70

Juniors
Tbh I think we just jumped too early on Crichton.
If we thought Matterson was gonna have the season he did this year I'd say we save the money.

As for the "Contracts dont mean anything!!!" sooking... really, this again?
Contracts aren't a slavery agreement or a promise to fans.
Contracts exist to protect both parties.

Matterson's contract with Wests mean that Wests can hold him to account until they get a better outcome. If he wants to be a drama queen then sit him in reserve grade until someone else offers a favourable trade.
Doubling his money early, or releasing him early, would both be failures for the Tigers.

The other side of the coin is Darius Boyd has every right to demand his remaining salary from the Broncos, whether or not they still want him playing football.

Gee letting one of your best players sit in Reggie’s over a contract dispute!!! Bit rich coming from a Rooster supporter.

adamkungl

Immortal
Here are your options, in order from best to worst

1 - Madge tells Matto to suck it up for now, he'll get a fair upgrade when the time is right. Matto agrees and plays good footy in first grade.

2 - Madge tells Matto to suck it up for now, he'll get a fair upgrade when the time is right. Matto decides to be a bitch. Play him in reserve grade until another club offers a favourable trade.

3 - Madge tells Matto to leave if he doesn't like it. Matto gets his way, more money at another club. Tigers continue their reputation as pushovers.

4 - Madge bends over and takes it, Matto gets more money at Tigers. Tigers continue their reputation as pushovers AND f**k their cap.

macnaz

Staff member
I doubt it. Makes no sense for a player on the up to jump from one basket case to another. That’d be a shit move career wise no matter how much they fork out
Lol. You missed my sarcasm ..
The latter day Saints... as in " The Church of Latter Day Saints"

Vic Mackey

Referee
Adam likes to talk to everyone like they’re an idiot cause it makes him feel like the smartest guy in the room. When in reality the only one he’s smarter then is Albert, and even that’s debatable

simmo1

First Grade
We will do a straight swap for Arrow for next season. Both players will play a season or two, before claiming homesickness and be back playing for Roosters and Broncos by 2021/22.