What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Matterson possibly on the way out?

Tigerm

First Grade
For a change the press seem to be on our side.
Though it appears that the NRL don't do much, except listen to the press.
I'm with Kent, send him back to a feeder club until he begs for a pay cut to play in the NRL.

Trollhammaren

Juniors

axl rose

Bench
For a change the press seem to be on our side.
Though it appears that the NRL don't do much, except listen to the press.
Perhaps when Sloth Greenbergs smirk face is next on tv a real journo can ask him a question like how clubs were able to negotiate with Matterson when he wasn't given permission until today? I dont care that he's gone, we'll move on, but its amateur hour at the NRL.

erummm?

35c5c14d0dd5c59a7bc5b57c06a32588

WA Tiger

Bench
Perhaps when Sloth Greenbergs smirk face is next on tv a real journo can ask him a question like how clubs were able to negotiate with Matterson when he wasn't given permission until today? I dont care that he's gone, we'll move on, but its amateur hour at the NRL.

erummm?

35c5c14d0dd5c59a7bc5b57c06a32588
When he let let the Storm celebrate their premiership stripping years ...I thought that says it all...

Pezz70

Juniors
This doesnt even make sense m8

We can’t afford 6 or 7 marquee players champ. Even our good juniors get swallowed up on your roster on packages north of $1m per season. Point being if you’re the tigers and you’re paying a bloke good dollars he should be playing for his pay to the best of his ability.

adamkungl

Immortal
We can’t afford 6 or 7 marquee players champ. Even our good juniors get swallowed up on your roster on packages north of $1m per season. Point being if you’re the tigers and you’re paying a bloke good dollars he should be playing for his pay to the best of his ability.

I get that
He should be. But if he chucks a Mitch Moses and decides he's not interested, what then?
All I'm saying is Tigers have to hold their ground to make sure they come out on top. Sitting the dope in reserve grade is better than being pushovers to every player manager that sees dollar signs.
Nothing to do with how many marquee players Roosters may or may not have

gordynz

Juniors
I know it's probably been said before but how dare we sign someone for a bargain "on potential"; only to get shafted by said someone. After all the rocks we sign, we finally get a diamond and he turns out to be a money hungry douche bag. As a result i hope we let him rot in reserves... The only way we let him go is if we get a like for like player swap, e.g. Arrow or Brimson

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm already happy with letting him go because he seems like such a trackhead. I wouldn't let him go though unless we get a good deal.

I'm still struggling to get my head around this....

Finally we sign a good up and comer on good terms. He's our best player all year and looks like realising his potential and then pulls this shit. Only at the wests tigers.

If you didn't know we're a feeder club before you sure do now. f**k him and his manager. I'd put in reserve grade for the next 2 years out of spite. The next 2 years are going to be a debacle anyway so why not have some fun and manipulate him the way he's manipulated us.

It's time the NRL made honouring a contract mandatory. And that's for the club and the player. Good luck with that though. Ffffaaaaarrrrrkkkk!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Front-Rower

First Grade
I'd put in reserve grade for the next 2 years out of spite. The next 2 years are going to be a debacle anyway so why not have some fun and manipulate him the way he's manipulated us.

So well let’s use Reynolds as an example, he busts his guts week in week out to play first grade, talks highly of the club and plays at 100% yet we want to get rid of him. Matterson doesn’t want to be here, is having a sook in the media and doesn’t care. But we want to keep him? Funny bunch Wests Tigers fans

No deal, he can play state cup for 2 years and get bashed into oblivion.

Over time that will save us more money as it will prove that we are a destination club not a pathway for dickheads.

Call it “ marketing”

If he doesn’t get on with Madge, fine, but he still has to get on knees before him and try not to gag.

Fek you Matts, you low dog.

You will regret this for rest of your career.

Latest posts