What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Webb

blacksafake

First Grade
In my limited experience of such matters, when a CEO's contract is not renewed it's because the Board feels the business/organisation/club should be doing much better. In our case it's more likely that the Board knows an old boy who needs a job.
Didn’t the article say they would be looking outside the club ?
Although it could still be an old boy who’s currently at another club.

jay mac

Juniors
LOL, the best they could come up with in that article is:

“Under Webb’s leadership, the club talked captain Ben Hunt down from his release request following the axing of coach Anthony Griffin, though the halfback’s future will once again be in the spotlight given his contract is due to expire next year.”

Imagine that being your crowning achievement after 5 years in a job. “Well, I made sure a player that had a contract didn’t get out of that contract”.

No finals appearances, on ya bike son.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Mixed feelings about this. Webb has at least turned the finances around and got the club to where they can now afford to invest in things that should help the club in the future, like the centre of excellence. On the other hand our results on the field have not improved while he was there, we lost our major sponsor under his tenure, and the Hook re-sign/sack fiasco also happened on his watch. Seems to me like he is a good financial operator and probably the right guy to get the club on a better footing, but now we need someone more dynamic and outspoken to deal with our dysfunctional board and take us into the future.

Whoever that ends up being - Good Luck, you'll need it.

justadragon

Bench
I for one have no problem with him going, I have copied a line from the jurno

"His commitment to fostering a strong and inclusive culture within the club has helped create a solid foundation for future success"

What the hell does that mean ? the club in the last 5 years couldn't be further than being strong and inclusive, and how the hell could he have set us up for future success if we have had no past success with him. We should have gone all out for Richardson, at least he would have had the balls to stir things up with the board like he did at the Tigers, instead we remained with someone who his biggest claim to fame was helping out in covid and trying to appease Hunt. Good riddance, you are weak and I hope the money you got from the Dragons you invested wisely for your all inclusive future !!!