What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Adam O'Brien

Willie Ray

Bench
I do agree AOB actually did get King to get to another level whilst here.

But once again you just look at how he's doing at Melbourne. He appears to have been given a simple task and clear outline of expectations from his game and he appears to be hitting those standards.

Here he was a benchie possibly getting 15 minutes of game time and probably being told not to f**k things up out there - at least that's how it feels, even with our current bench situation. These young guys get such limited time like there is no confidence in them. How are they meant to grow?

Anyway feel I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill now. Is AOB getting the best out of the players? No I don't think so. I think we view most of our players as playing no where near their potential, not only as individuals but as a team.
I get what you're saying but if Welch didn't get a season ending injury
King would be a bench player getting 15 or 20 minutes at the Storm also.

Jono078

Referee
I get what you're saying but if Welch didn't get a season ending injury
King would be a bench player getting 15 or 20 minutes at the Storm also.
Not sure I agree. King has started every game for them this year, even when Welch was good.

Sure it may never have been the plan long term for them but Bellamy has still been able to get the best out of him and gotten him to rise to the challenge, consistently.

Yosh

Coach
Apart from not developing players, we play a style of rugby from 20 years ago. The Panthers are playing rugby from 5 years ahead.

Ditch AOB and get the Walker Brothers here. Let's play some footy.

aqua_duck

Coach
Apart from not developing players, we play a style of rugby from 20 years ago. The Panthers are playing rugby from 5 years ahead.

Ditch AOB and get the Walker Brothers here. Let's play some footy.
not sure if youre aware but the Walker brothers havent coached for a few years now, Ben Walker is presently a real estate agent in Toowoomba

aqua_duck

Coach
Not sure I agree. King has started every game for them this year, even when Welch was good.

Sure it may never have been the plan long term for them but Bellamy has still been able to get the best out of him and gotten him to rise to the challenge, consistently.
Welch only played 1 game, that same game Jesse Bromwich, Brandon Smith and Tui Kamakamica were all suspended. Literally all their other middles beside King have missed some football, Bromwich, Nelson Asafa Solomona, kamakamica, Welch, Moeroa, Grant, and Brandon Smith have all been either injured or suspended sometime this season.

Jono078

Referee
Welch only played 1 game, that same game Jesse Bromwich, Brandon Smith and Tui Kamakamica were all suspended. Literally all their other middles beside King have missed some football, Bromwich, Nelson Asafa Solomona, kamakamica, Welch, Moeroa, Grant, and Brandon Smith have all been either injured or suspended sometime this season.
Fair, but the rest of my post still stands.

Yosh

Coach
If we lose today, AOB has to go. I don't see AOB lasting the year anyway. The Doggies are already looking for a new coach and Madge is also on his last legs. If we wait too long, we're going to lose out on the two potential options. Get it done early, and get the best head coach in asap.

The Doggies have Gould being Top Dog at the club. Many head coaches wouldn't want someone hanging above their every decision. The Tigers have been poorly run for decades now. However, we have a great owner, some amazing young talent coming in next year and have Ponga signed up for 5 years. I think we are in the best position to sign the best option out there.

Don't want to be too negative but losing this game and getting rid of AOB quickly is probably better for the club.

Jono078

Referee
If we lose today, AOB has to go. I don't see AOB lasting the year anyway. The Doggies are already looking for a new coach and Madge is also on his last legs. If we wait too long, we're going to lose out on the two potential options. Get it done early, and get the best head coach in asap.

The Doggies have Gould being Top Dog at the club. Many head coaches wouldn't want someone hanging above their every decision. The Tigers have been poorly run for decades now. However, we have a great owner, some amazing young talent coming in next year and have Ponga signed up for 5 years. I think we are in the best position to sign the best option out there.

Don't want to be too negative but losing this game and getting rid of AOB quickly is probably better for the club.
Holbrook is also on the hot seat.

So if we are late in our decision making then there are fears we wont be able to go for best available coach.

Did anyone see Flanagan on the Matty Johns podcast, talking about potentially coaching the Dogs? Really like how he speaks and his visions for the club.

P.S. I reckon we'll put 40 on the Warriors today, just to go against your wishes :p

Sir Galahad

Juniors

I expect him to see out the season at the very least and he'll be at the helm next season unless we get the spoon.

He'd want to have a long hard look at himself before it's past the point of no return, but I dont think he'll change.

He's Stephen Kearney II with Brian Smith half time speech undertones.

Old dog

Juniors
Nothing quite like ever true blue supporters looking at the positive side of a win, may not be all good but two points is

Latest posts