What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Adam O'Brien

Yosh

Coach
Whenever we're down by a lot of points and there is only 15 or so minutes left, we start throwing the ball around and start to look real dangerous. We look like we're actually trying to win the game. If the players trusted AOB, they'd just stick to the original game plan till the 80th minute. KPP and Lucas look like strike backrowers but we aren't using them as such. The Hastings short ball to KPP is vomit worthy. If he is going to short ball then put Lucas on the left. Lucas looks like a great hole runner and has that step before the line. KPP needs the ball earlier to do damage, either with a fend or some footwork or an offload.

I don't hate AOB, seems like a great bloke but I hate his coaching style. I reckon he'd still make a great assistant coach somewhere. Has no ideas of how to win footy games.

Haffa

That cannot sit well with the group of
players then. Might explain the drop off
In our play. Seems like the agency of the team and coach has been removed to a degree.
That would be another sign at the lack of resilience in this club.

If we had a proper leadership group they’d have the ability to challenge the vanilla dog shit game plan. The coach describes them as an ugly team who needs to learn to win ugly. That’s got nothing to do with the board. They went away from ugly successfully last season and then went back to it season.

Knight Tales

Bench
The team and coach have full agency. Perform well and win games and the group stays together.
Fair enough. I think when all is said and done, Peter O’Sullivan will have had quite the impact across the organisation in the next 1-2 years. It seems like he is the wise man being brought in to counsel all at the top end on what needs to be done.

DT and fox league really sinking the boot in with these player divide articles……seen about about 4 articles in the last 12 hours
yesterday the original article on FOX never mentioned player divide. I noticed later in the day "player divide" headline and paragraph added

Presumably the first run garnered fewer clicks than anticipated

Burwood

Bench
It was the first sport news item on ABC Radio National this morning, which is a big thing since AFL is usually the only sport they usually talk about.

mozza91

Coach
I always look to the drunken, mumbling red faced old bloke from the DT who probably hasn’t been to Newcastle since 1994 for all scoops involving our club.

perverse

Referee
Fair enough. I think when all is said and done, Peter O’Sullivan will have had quite the impact across the organisation in the next 1-2 years. It seems like he is the wise man being brought in to counsel all at the top end on what needs to be done.
Peter Parr knows a thing or two about rugby league too mate.

perverse

Referee
According to Cows fans they were happy he left. Who knows.
It was more a comment on placing faith in the next saviour through the door rather than anything particular to Parr. There's been heaps of them. We're always hiring the next bloke that's going to dig us out of the shit and turn our roster around.

Woody90

Juniors
DT and fox league really sinking the boot in with these player divide articles……seen about about 4 articles in the last 12 hours

We haven’t had one of these articles in nearly a full season. They’ve remembered us and making up for lost time.

I actually wish this were true and we weren’t putting in due to some kind of unrest but to me effort hasn’t been an issue. Our playmakers are slow and we’re poorly coached.

Bring on more media storm IMO. Even if it’s bullshit it still puts pressure on AOB. I don’t care if he stays on as long as he changes things up with his tactics.

PhilGould

Bench
Knights threw an insane amount at a kid with 2 first grade games while Parr was trying to keep together the team he had built that won a premiership a year prior, and would go on to make the grand final again the next season.

Not really as straightforward as them just "letting Ponga go." They lost a few juniors around that time who went on to be big names elsewhere and I'm certain everyone would be happy to make that trade off for the Knights NRL side to be consistent contenders let alone win a comp.

Latest posts