What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Adam O'Brien

Knight Tales

Bench
I just saw that headline elsewhere. That would mean he's still with us next year but not the following 2, doesn't it?

Funny that this clause thing had only just been 'discovered' now and not 12 months ago when it was inked. Or at any other point this year when we were clearly watching a team get coached into substandard game plans.
Nope, it's just come out now while we're sitting in 11th with 3 games to go, and 3 winnable games at that.

If this is all true, the next 3 games will determine if the players want to play for him and dig in or they tank it to get him moved on.
Surely it is next season this clause? Look it really comes down to whether we wait for O’Sullivan to create cap miracles or wait for another season of the same with this roster. All the issues We tried to fix from last year have actually made us worse. And that is coaching responsibility. We bought Cogger to fill the void and he has been in and out of FG all year as has Hastings. We are supposed to have evolved from this.

Apey

Staff member
So we finished 5th last year, and then decided 12th the next year is good enough?

Yeah. Really striving for excellence.

We're not going to finish 13th or worse, so I think it's all just fantasy to talk about the clause anyway.
Heading in the right direction, down the ladder.

So we finished 5th last year, and then decided 12th the next year is good enough?

Yeah. Really striving for excellence.

We're not going to finish 13th or worse, so I think it's all just fantasy to talk about the clause anyway.
This was my first thoughts.

A fish rots from the head, how do they expect excellence from coaching staff and the roster when clearly below mediocrity is acceptable from management ?

12th is acceptable ? that'll do me.

Woody90

Juniors
lol wtf why are we aiming for 12th as a KPI? Would be different if we were in the Tigers position but we 5th last year.

I don’t see the point in even having a performance clause if it’s just making 12th.

I have an awful gut feeling that nothing will change until the management does.

Can employ as many O'Sullivan's and Parr's at they like but until that management changes we arent winning a Premiership any time soon.

If that clause is true then it's disgraceful. No one in their right mind in the job of winning would deem that to be OK - no one.

Knight Tales

Bench
Never thought of it like that. We actually built in a KPI to finish above 13th! Right there is why AOB is comfortable. And noone can actually argue logically that his time is not up. Soft draw (on form) to finish the year and still drops the bundle.
It is not negativity folks. It is acknowledgment that the delusions of this club run a lot deeper than we were ever lead to believe.

Last edited:

Woody90

Juniors
It’s no wonder AOB is coaching so conservatively. He just needs them to not lose enough games against the bottom 4 shooting themselves in the foot to keep his job.

Latest posts