What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Adam O'Brien

Apey

Staff member
Meh. The club can pay him out at anytime if they want him gone. It’s not like he’s on a million a year and we’ve still got guys training at the uni out of shipping containers.
I wonder how much we are paying him, purely out of curiosity.

Apey

Staff member
If I remember correctly there is a football department salary cap, but you rarely hear anything about it for obvious reasons. The top few coaches are apparently on 1 - 1.5M - Wayne, Cleary, Bellamy and presumably Robinson. I doubt any coaches are cheap these days given the lack of quality going around.

If I remember correctly there is a football department salary cap, but you rarely hear anything about it for obvious reasons. The top few coaches are apparently on 1 - 1.5M - Wayne, Cleary, Bellamy and presumably Robinson. I doubt any coaches are cheap these days given the lack of quality going around.
so how much you think AOB would be on ? 900K ? the payout starts to get quite sizable

Scootsie

Juniors
The defensive efforts aren't the issue so much. 7th best in the comp for points conceded.

It's the attack where the poor coaching and lack of initiative lies. 17th in the comp for points scored - simple as that really. Ridiculous for a team that scored the most tries in the comp last year.

That’s interesting. Thanks for that.
Defence is even more important then if you’re not scoring points.
Lack of initiative sums it up for me - Inability to break from the coach’s plans and structures when the play dictates.