What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

OurRedV

Juniors
Has it ever occurred to you that our recruitment so necessary because the club has been f**ked for so many years? Producing useless juniors like yourself which shit coaches like Steve Price and Paul McGregor persisted with for far too many years at the expense of far better juniors like Damien Cook (who's progression you blocked) and eventually Robson (who your mighty coach couldn't even correctly pronounce the name of).

Improvement is that last year we won 5 games from 24; this year we're 5 win from 11. I know you took a few knocks to your head in your time Mitch but the maths is pretty simple.

His press conference after the game is an admission that his primary player - Ben Hunt - is about as mentally fragile as they get and he's f**king frustrated that this team of numpties haven't got the gumption to dig deep when they hit adversity. You know better than most that at 12-6 up we shouldn't have let 38 unanswered flow through the doors and the people responsible for that are the soft cocks we've let drain our cap for years.
Has to be nominated for post of the decade, surely.

Dragon David

First Grade
what is everything else?
everything is a disaster.
recruitment-giving away our best attacking weapons.
chasing every one and signing no one.
apparently losing future stars Iike Tamale by not playing them and pissing them off by announcing you are after juniors from other clubs even before securing them.
as for where we are at in terms of last year well I look at points differential and points for and against compared to this time last year- another disaster in both attack and defence and nearly 50 points worse of in points differential.
so where is the improvement?
The buck stops with the head coach and his press conference after the dogs game was an admission of where we are at.
Yeah, I guess I was a bit far fetched saintmar with the words "everything else". He has the final say I suppose on matters before game day so if we fail he wears it.

Illusion

Bench
WTF! You guys heard this. Sack our coach please.
Ben Hunt will get through the Origin series before signing a new contract,
There you go the guy sooked and wanted to leave and now wants an extension to stay on ....... Piss him off he has done enough damage already a 7 that can't steer a team around the park , that can not come up with winning plays in a tight game ....... So the money we saved from Lomax leaving will go to Hunt ....... F**K me ....... This is my opinion only , I think Hunt is a big problem amongst the team ........

gregstar

Referee
I would have thought the answer was pretty obvious.

The board needs to approach Jowls McGregor and offer him his job back.

We should all admit our mistake & welcome him back with open arms. He told me that he learnt a lot in those formative, fleeting 7-odd years of coaching. He asserted that he was ready to shine again.

I think a timely emailed petition from all of us to the club is the solution.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm giving a full season now before judging Flanno, but so far I'm very concerned. He looked broken on Thurdsay night.
Yes, he really did This Year. Losing again by a big margin when he said that it would not happen again, did and will happen again. Poor defence is the main issue and when a team like ours does not get an even share of possession, fatigue plays a big part and it gets bloody hard to keep tackling.

Our stamina and endurance needs to be improved greatly which is what I thought was the main job of Lawson and his team being selected by Flanagan for this year?

This Year?

Immortal
Yes, he really did This Year. Losing again by a big margin when he said that it would not happen again, did and will happen again. Poor defence is the main issue and when a team like ours does not get an even share of possession, fatigue plays a big part and it gets bloody hard to keep tackling.

Our stamina and endurance needs to be improved greatly which is what I thought was the main job of Lawson and his team being selected by Flanagan for this year?
I think he realises now how deep of a hole the club is really in. The 1st grade side is horribly imbalanced and often gets exposed. Hopefully now some of the kids that get blooded can restore some balance. We really need something to go our way.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Fraud of a coach.

I'm not sure how he won a premiership at Cronulla when our team is no less insipid than it has been at any point in the last 12 years or so.

If he were a good coach we'd see a marked positive difference in all things by now, but we haven't.
I see a positive difference in Sloan. I see one in Sua too. Lomax is now a SOO player when he wasn't even in the picture before Flanagan moved him to wing. Sele is a good buy. Bird is better. Hunt continues to dribble and Flanagan pinning hopes on him is a bit of a worry. Young Flanagan has been ok if not hampered next to Hunt. There is a lot of work to do but there has been progress, we were abominable under Griffin and only getting worse, under Flanagan we are approaching some legitimacy if the games are refereed fairly.

since77

Juniors
I'm giving a full season now before judging Flanno, but so far I'm very concerned. He looked broken on Thurdsay night.
If you have a careful look at that clip, he's clearly being "fake" dramatic. The wiping away of an imaginary tear.
I'm sure he was devastated and frustrated by the poor second half but some of those stories going around that he was "crying" were ridiculous. Was clearly a joke.

Sage63

Juniors
I would have thought the answer was pretty obvious.

The board needs to approach Jowls McGregor and offer him his job back.

We should all admit our mistake & welcome him back with open arms. He told me that he learnt a lot in those formative, fleeting 7-odd years of coaching. He asserted that he was ready to shine again.

I think a timely emailed petition from all of us to the club is the solution.
😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

justadragon

Bench

They are fitter Dave but when possession is in favour of the opposition 60% - 20% approx in the 2nd half, no amount of fitness is going to cater for that.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
If you have a careful look at that clip, he's clearly being "fake" dramatic. The wiping away of an imaginary tear.
I'm sure he was devastated and frustrated by the poor second half but some of those stories going around that he was "crying" were ridiculous. Was clearly a joke.
Exactly; if he was broken now he never would have taken the job. Everyone getting flogged! Cronulla & Penrith game what a joke! Games out of whack. We’ve got a few more floggings this year unfortunately; few more wins too; that’s what this years about imo as we weed through the squad. Can’t say I’m surprised at all and I’m sure many others are not either.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
He would have been broken from his first year at Sharks as they finished the season 14th with just 7 wins. They did alright after that (13th, 7th, 5th).

Earlier in the year he said that he felt this Saints side is better than the Sharks one he inherited. Well I think he may have realised it is not better after the Dogs game and has more work to do than he thought.