What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

ChocOConnor

Juniors
We are just supporters and know nothing about the game and the pressures as being told by media people. The same morons ie Gus the great Gould when he said Mary wasn’t the problem as with the other media people and now it’s hook yet the players need to be culled before him. Let me just ask why then has Mary not been seen with a clipboard or in the coaches box since we pissed him off for being a fraud and funnily no other club has shown an interest in him as a coach. Not even Gus when Mary applied for the Canterbury job. Now with Hook. We’ll Hook needs to go last night not tonight as I can tell his mission is to destroy the club yet we the supporters no nothing and need to support the coach. You know what you media goons. You can all go to hell cause it is not you supporting this once great club

Wizardman

First Grade
Im a Tigers supporter but definitely feel sorry for the plight you guys are in.

For the first time this season, I actually felt we were going win comfortably 20 minutes in. While it wasn't comfortable, we came up with the goods. In saying that, we were VERY average today.

Hook is not the only issue in your club.....but he certainly is one. He has to go now.....for the sake of the future direction of your club and recruitment after June 30.

If it costs Ben Hunt.......then so be it. Your club IS at that point now.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Im a Tigers supporter but definitely feel sorry for the plight you guys are in.

For the first time this season, I actually felt we were going win comfortably 20 minutes in. While it wasn't comfortable, we came up with the goods. In saying that, we were VERY average today.

Hook is not the only issue in your club.....but he certainly is one. He has to go now.....for the sake of the future direction of your club and recruitment after June 30.

If it costs Ben Hunt.......then so be it. Your club IS at that point now.
we have Tigers fans extending their sympathy (appreciate your sentiments Wizardman) and they’re right…rock bottom!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Mate.
Look at the losses.
1 Titans led then failed to take kick off =L
2 Raiders led they had 12 scores in a attacking position ball gets stripped.=L
3 Roosters come back.Chooks have 1/2 hour to kick fg.=L
We can't set up.
They had a sin bin.
4 Dogs We concede 2 80 m tries. They missing big names
They gad a sin bin.=L
5 Tigers .
They scored two soft barge over tries.
We cant stop a drop out to touch.
We go through the hands we win or DUMB ass Suli passes instead of running.=L.
We cant even bt these teams .
We wont even get close to the better teams.
I challenge a decent coach to stop these FRIGGIN dumb ass players making these same stupid mistakes.
Our coach might change but the dumb asses still will be around.
Jeff....Im hearing you....except for today (as I stated earlier I couldnt be bothered watching it tbh) I've relived over and over those games myself and where we lost those clutch plays at vital times and honestly we are clueless right across the park when it comes to finishing the opposition off......it's a start I know but in all seriousness I don't believe we have the troops no matter whos steering the ship ...I guess time will tell although that in itself is a scary thought as to what year that will be in

justadragon

Bench
We are now calling for players heads and the team to be culled. I just want to say if we have a look at the players someone like Bellamy gets, in some cases rejects from other clubs much like us. The fact being that you can coach execution and smart play, good defence etc. Brain explosions from Bird or Sloan or whoever, do you see that consistently from Storm, Roosters, Souths, and even Dolphins and Broncos. Both Roosters and Storm lost last round but you didnt see these haphazard plays that are just totally out of control, lapses in defence that wouldnt stop a marshmallow. If any player gets to the NRL level well I take my hat off to them, its a bloody tough game and you have to have guts and ability to stay in the NRL. Please tell me who is responsible for a team executing smart play against dumb play in those clutch moments, yes you will say the players are, agree but they all have to know what they are doing and what to expect and most importantly attention to detail which is thoroughly delivered by the coach in all the training sessions. How many times did we hear Bennett say that he would leave no stone unturned to get the Dragons to have a great defensive structure and the rest is history. Ask yourselves what have our attacking plays looked like, what has the defensive structure looked like, how do we train for clutch moments. In some games where we needed a FG we couldnt even get into the other teams half to have a shot, that is not the players that is having no idea what to do at those times. All our players are NRL players, regardless whether we think they are or not, on pretty good salaries, they should all be able to execute plays at an NRL standard, my question is why cant they ??? and I think we all know the answer to that. Extremely poor outdated coaching !!!!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I don't see us sacking him this week. They are camped in QLD and I think they'll at least wait until next week.
Also it's Hunt's 300th, don't want to distract from that.

Another option is the lead into our next bye (round 16).

At one point Hasler was the odds on favorite to take the reigns. However, he seems to have drifted alarmingly in the market, which now is in favour of Hornby. Which suggests Hook may survive this season.

In any case the damage has already been done,and it could come down to just economics ie paying out Hook leaves no money to appoint a replacement. Although even one of the AC's could do it.

I have a feeling we'll be singing same sons after the loses build up and only sound o silence from the Board will be heard.

Draginzaaar

Bench
All our players are NRL players, regardless whether we think they are or not, on pretty good salaries, they should all be able to execute plays at an NRL standard, my question is why cant they ???
Bird doesn't know how to execute plays. Last week he used up 30 seconds pushing blokes away and running backwards when we needed a straight run. This week he backchats the ref after giving away a 6 again. Then he takes the tackle on halfway on the 6th. He is just dumb.

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
I know nothing about how the Board operates but they appear very slow and unable to make timely decisions. Also they have made disgraceful decisions such as the constant reappointment of MCGregor.
in respect to a new coach surely they have some idea who they want. However if it is someone like Ryles, Flannigan , Hornby who are currently working at other clubs I do not believe said clubs would release any of them to join us mid year.
Hassler on the other hand is not employed by a club but may have other current interests like litigation against Manly or holidaying.
One thing for certain Griffin should be dismissed immediately. He is poising the club and apart from Ramsey not one player has improved under his watch. Many have regressed such as Lomax.
Furthermore the recruitment guy should no longer have a job.

RedVee_8

Juniors
It seems that Gould was right in one point. Sacking Mary wasn’t automatically going to make thinks good here. The last three years have shown that more is needed.

I suggest the first thing would be for the Board to demand excellence and stop accepting mediocrity in all parts of the business.

Latest posts