What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

BLM01

First Grade
Sure...but how many players have left and gone on to flourish elsewhere...

A number of them told they were not 1st grade standard...

Shows we cannot develop players to their full ability...Bennett was the last coach who could...

Anyway, lets hope there are better days ahead... couldn't possibly get worse under the new coach next Year.
Dont be too sure about not getting worse 86
I am very nervous about another rookie and old boy working under this BOD and GM
That is why we need and I still hope Des is in the mix regardless of media talk and odds
I will talk under Hook's watch, the only players that has been let go that people will argue will flourish elsewhere is Ford and Saab but I am not convinced yet re Ford
Under Mary's watch quite a few

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The biggest loss in all the players that flourished under the dud coaches is Reece Robson. The kid was a star in the juniors and was a NRL player in the making. What a difference it would be if he stayed on. Mary instead had McInness at 9 which people would have agreed was the obvious choice to play 9 under Mary's watch. McInness then leaves and since then the hooker role has been the one which they have struggled with the most. Hopefully Liddle/Hunt can fix this as they seem to be 2 really good quality hookers. Forget Hunt at 7.

The NRL360 keep bashing Saints and say Ben is our best player and he should be the No.7 but he has been there for his 6th season now and how is that working out? You can't blame the cattle but I am sure it is cattle the he wanted with Macca, Norman, Maguire, Mbye etc. Ben's days at 7 are over. If he wants to go to another team to play 7 good luck to him but I would rather he play hooker or see you later alligator. Saints will then have plenty of coin to get a top class hooker and forwards to replace Ben and Mbye which is what they need. I feel Ryles will make that call as being in the Storm system he will know how important a hooker is. Do you think he can get Cameron Smith to come over as an assistant. Even just to run some sessions with the juniors or run his eye over the Saints nursery of hookers? I am sure Ryles will have those type of resources available from the Storm.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dont be too sure about not getting worse 86
I am very nervous about another rookie and old boy working under this BOD and GM
That is why we need and I still hope Des is in the mix regardless of media talk and odds
I will talk under Hook's watch, the only players that has been let go that people will argue will flourish elsewhere is Ford and Saab but I am not convinced yet re Ford
Under Mary's watch quite a few

Last edited:

matPORTS

Juniors
If Hunt wants to seek a release:

I challenge him to see if another club will stump up the same money. I doubt it very much.

Likewise - our club management needs to dig it's heels in and pay as little, or zero, subsidy to the next club for any such release.

I'm sure most of us are coming to realise now what a selfish player Ben Hunt is. No drama playing 9 if it means getting a QLD or AUS jumper. But it's toys out of the cot every time he's been asked to do it for club.

Yep, maybe he has a right to be selfish (given he's been the best of an overall poor bunch)? But we can't stifle the development of Jayden Sullivan any longer. He is our future (and there aren't many other good young halves out in the market for us to go and buy).

If the Bulldogs want Hunt to go there and play 7 - that is a very short-sighted approach on their part.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

prepare to be nervous...
Yep I agree mate....put it this way Id like to be as certain of winning lotto this week as Mr Ryles getting the job.......it will be 5 years as well with limitations/stipulations in place after 3 years is my guess.......like BLM01 Ive got serious apprehensions about this appointment.....for the future of our club I hope I'm wrong

Mojo

Bench
The biggest loss in all the players that flourished under the dud coaches is Reece Robson. The kid was a star in the juniors and was a NRL player in the making. What a difference it would be if he stayed on. Mary instead had McInness at 9 which people would have agreed was the obvious choice to play 9 under Mary's watch. McInness then leaves and since then the hooker role has been the one which they have struggled with the most. Hopefully Liddle/Hunt can fix this as they seem to be 2 really good quality hookers. Forget Hunt at 7.

The NRL360 keep bashing Saints and say Ben is our best player and he should be the No.7 but he has been there for his 6th season now and how is that working out? You can't blame the cattle but I am sure it is cattle the he wanted with Macca, Norman, Maguire, Mbye etc. Ben's days at 7 are over. If he wants to go to another team to play 7 good luck to him but I would rather he play hooker or see you later alligator. Saints will then have plenty of coin to get a top class hooker and forwards to replace Ben and Mbye which is what they need. I feel Ryles will make that call as being in the Storm system he will know how important a hooker is. Do you think he can get Cameron Smith to come over as an assistant. Even just to run some sessions with the juniors or run his eye over the Saints nursery of hookers? I am sure Ryles will have those type of resources available from the Storm.
I reckon Hunt is a 6.
Please leave Cameron Myth in a fully-retired state.

Mojo

Bench
If Hunt wants to seek a release:

I challenge him to see if another club will stump up the same money. I doubt it very much.

Likewise - our club management needs to dig it's heels in and pay as little, or zero, subsidy to the next club for any such release.

I'm sure most of us are coming to realise now what a selfish player Ben Hunt is. No drama playing 9 if it means getting a QLD or AUS jumper. But it's toys out of the cot every time he's been asked to do it for club.

Yep, maybe he has a right to be selfish (given he's been the best of an overall poor bunch)? But we can't stifle the development of Jayden Sullivan any longer. He is our future (and there aren't many other good young halves out in the market for us to go and buy).

If the Bulldogs want Hunt to go there and play 7 - that is a very short-sighted approach on their part.
I don't want Hunt to go. I just want him to play good footy - and nothing more.
Equally, I wouldn't be bothered if he left. It wouldn't be the end of the world. Could even be good for us overall.
Even if he sets the world alight playing at some other club he's in the twilight of his career.
No way on earth should we be coerced into paying some other club for him to transfer to them - that's just nuts.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If he goes it will be similar to McInness leaving because of Mary.

The whole delay of signing the extension last year for Hunt was because of the clause of Griffin to be removed which he finally agreed on so it makes no sense on what the media are reporting. That surely made him aware Griffin would not be coach from 2024. If he asks for a release now it is really poor form by him and good riddance but I doubt he will.

Latest posts