What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Illusion

Bench
they said this? Really? Who the f**k do they think they are that they can take any team lightly? This is surely a gee up. If anything, every other team in the league could be guilty of taking the dragons lightly as they have been piss poor for more than 10 years.
Cant believe it also , They are nowhere near being a good team to be able to even think about not taking a team seriously , the place has been for a long time for players to take it easy into their retirement , a rehab for injured players and a place for coaches that think they can coach , a Board that don't give a sh*t .....

FlameThrower

Bench
I was annoyed to hear McGuire and Mbye on 360 last night say that the team did not prepare adequately for the Broncos game because they took them lightly.

This has obviously been a problem for some years, I’m thinking various games against the Dogs, games that we need to win to ensure a semi spot etc that we have repeatedly blown.

My question is what is the use of these (old) experienced players if they are not educating the younger guys away from such laxity? Same question on the experienced coaching staff as well.

it is beyond a joke.
Unbelievable, but true - that’s Dragons Footy. Also for these guys to actually state this publicly means they are incredibly honest or just stupid….what a rabble of a Club …

I was annoyed to hear McGuire and Mbye on 360 last night say that the team did not prepare adequately for the Broncos game because they took them lightly.

This has obviously been a problem for some years, I’m thinking various games against the Dogs, games that we need to win to ensure a semi spot etc that we have repeatedly blown.

My question is what is the use of these (old) experienced players if they are not educating the younger guys away from such laxity? Same question on the experienced coaching staff as well.

it is beyond a joke.
This is the astounding thing.

These players don’t understand how poor they are.

They have no right to take any team lightly.

I would venture to say several of our immortals are turning in their graves.

Dragon David

First Grade

Wow, the journos have been reading what all of us on here have been saying for weeks.
It's about time and we need more of them to keep writing on the same lines. The club needs to see things in black and white, on TV and see how badly they are playing.

Dragon David

First Grade
The

The team never warmed up on the field before the game. Broncos warmed up for over half an hour.
Crazy - who decided that? Come on Head Coach get your act together. Taking for granted that the Broncos would be easy beats was suicidal. No team we play are easy beats don't you bloody know that Hook?

Hook lacks so much but yet he hangs on - not for too much longer I think.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
It's about time and we need more of them to keep writing on the same lines. The club needs to see things in black and white, on TV and see how badly they are playing.
Maybe a few less red v membership payments and sponsors withholding sponsorship might get the message across better. Hip pocket pain is the only thing high fliers understand. I won't be paying hard earned to watch these cocky bastards play anytime soon.

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm still spitting up my cornflakes that lomax is on 700k a year !! Surely not ? Wasn't 500-550 k speculated at the time of his resigning ?

Players generally have not been drawn to our club for years now. I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 700k.

The attitude problem has been obvious for years. That why I blame the players as well as the coach for our repeated failures.

Now, to top it all off, we have a financial problem too which I wasn't aware of but hardly surprises me.

How do we organise a fresh board and a new way forward for the club?

People talk about Flanno or Ceraldo but no mortal coach at the peak of his powers will be able to turn this club around alone.

Rabble.
Hopeless disaster of a disunited club this one is.

Paddles

Juniors
Constable Craig wouldn’t want to be drafting Ciraldo now, on the off chance he’s more a Fitzgibbon than an O’Brien and messes up the grand scheme to bring Deano back to the helm for another generation of old boys mediocrity. So for now we’re stuck with the old man, his old Queenslanders, his woefully outdated ‘tactics’ and the probable loss of a number of generational talents.

Dragon David

First Grade
Players generally have not been drawn to our club for years now. I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 700k.

The attitude problem has been obvious for years. That why I blame the players as well as the coach for our repeated failures.

Now, to top it all off, we have a financial problem too which I wasn't aware of but hardly surprises me.

How do we organise a fresh board and a new way forward for the club?

People talk about Flanno or Ceraldo but no mortal coach at the peak of his powers will be able to turn this club around alone.

Rabble.
Hopeless disaster of a disunited club this one is.
At least the Tigers have now decided on who their next head coach will be and his assistants. They might still be a basket case for another year but will be much better after that. The Bulldogs won't be too far away from sorting their new coach (very likely to be Cameron Ciraldo) and they have already started to improve on the field. The Warriors have Andrew Webster.

It's our turn now to get our act together. If not, we will look a sorry sight at the bottom of the ladder and that would be so disastrous.

RedVee_8

Juniors
they said this? Really? Who the f**k do they think they are that they can take any team lightly? This is surely a gee up. If anything, every other team in the league could be guilty of taking the dragons lightly as they have been piss poor for more than 10 years.
They did. “Oh they had 8 players out” that kind of thinking was behind it. And yet we got our arses smacked…

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
dopey bastards
Would explain why Junior and Bud looked so out of place and why nobody was following them. That's seriously embarassing. 2 junior halves playing for the first time together in 3 years and you don't even try to run a hole for them. These 'senior' players with supposed responsibility are in reality players who had potential to play higher levels of footy, but didn't for the exact reasons they've come here. Too lazy, too arrogant, not consistent.

Dragon David

First Grade
While the sharks are ticking all the right boxes
We dwindle our willys
The sharks said they want to be the next Melbourne.
We now are the little brother
The Gordon's have made things worse
Gee it is frustrating to read what the other clubs like the Tigers, Bulldogs are now doing and we just continue on our sorry ways to nothing. What in hell is on the horizon for us? When will this club become "king of the mountain" again? No use having the team of the century when we currently have the dud one of this year.

Latest posts