What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Just look at the "ruthless" teams like Melbourne, Easts, Cronulla etc.
All their coaches in conjunction with the on field captains. drive outcomes for 80 minutes and will not accept periods in the game where their teams clock off.
We do it all the time to our detriment.
Your answer is our coach is not up to FG standard and Widdop is not an on field leader.
Don't be fooled by the occasional flash in the pan when our forwards run riot.
You put the under 20's back line behind that and they will score piles of points.
look at the players them three teams have. I think we show a lot of pride on the field at the moment.

Bench
Mary this year doesn't seem to want to change the starting line up even after all those losses.
He should have realised that changes were needed but did nothing. Strike 1
His use of the bench has been a total and I mean totally abysmal. Strike 2
Mary has been given an extension by Doust and Doust has the perfect scapegoat if we get much worse.
If the Saints were a public entity on the stock exchange shareholders would have them both Doust and Mary would be gone.
There is no accountability within the mabagenent. Hunt hopefully will reverse our fortunes. How much. That is the question.

What a load of dribble please adjust your bib as it is going down the front of your dress.
Go and have a look at our once great Leagues Club which is a relic of a long gone era.
Look how we capitulated re RGRV a disgrace
Look at some of the shit jerseys we trot out in neither StG or Illawarra
Look at our constant poor showing each year which has attracted no quality players (I mean people knocking on the door saying I want to play for St GI) and ultimately dictated we pay high price
Mary this year doesn't seem to want to change the starting line up even after all those losses.
Mary has been given an extension by Doust and Doust has the perfect scapegoat if we get much worse.
If the Saints were a public entity on the stock exchange shareholders would have them both Doust and Mary would be gone.
There is no accountability within the mabagenent. Hunt hopefully will reverse our fortunes. How much. That is the question.
Haha his use of the bench, that's a good one.

Forget publicly traded companies - any well run private enterprise would not tolerate this level of incompetence.
Doust, Mary and all the hangers on would have been goooone years ago.
Probably would have saved us a pile of money at the same time.

Old Timer

Coach
In hindsight if BOD had not of gone early and signed Mc Fookknuckle does anyone believe he would deserve a contract extension?
All the argument about who would replace him bla bla bla was irrelevant as the outcome he has achieved contract or no contract means he should be gone.
Our people should be on the phone as we speak looking for a new coach for 2018.

In hindsight if BOD had not of gone early and signed Mc Fookknuckle does anyone believe he would deserve a contract extension?
All the argument about who would replace him bla bla bla was irrelevant as the outcome he has achieved contract or no contract means he should be gone.
Now, the extension looks totally premature and an incompetent decision.
Even though hind sight is a wonderful thing, many of us were totally against it.
Personally, I still do not understand the blind hurry to extend instead of waiting 'til the end of the season.
What makes it worse is that they did the same with Price and had no hesitation in falling into the same trap.
Finding a replacement is the least of our worries.

BennyV

Referee
Toovey to the dragons huge rumors
Please dont. I dont know if you're stirring the pot or if you've actually heard something, but just stop. I can't do it again. In 2014, here I sat thinking we'd got Bennett back, super excited about the following season only to cop the double whammy that not only had he been taken by Broncos at the 11th hour, but we'd proceed to sign this plank to a 3 year deal.

Then at the end of 2016, again all the talk that he'd be let go, that we had Cleary or JD ready to take the reigns for the 2017 season and again, I was excited and waited in anticipation for the announcement. But then the idiots in power confirmed that he was staying on board and I was left, once again, with the horrid feeling of knowing that being anywhere near the Top 8 would be an overachievement considering the lack of brain cells in the coaching box.

I just can't do it again. So please, leave us be in the knowledge that over the next 2 years we can expect 3-5 decent games of footy in amongst a season where players look like they've just met, where we reach the dizzying heights of hoping results go our way so we can scrape into the 8 and pray to god that Mary's mates on the board sleep in on the day where they vote whether or not to extend the idiot.

Please dont. I dont know if you're stirring the pot or if you've actually heard something, but just stop. I can't do it again. In 2014, here I sat thinking we'd got Bennett back, super excited about the following season only to cop the double whammy that not only had he been taken by Broncos at the 11th hour, but we'd proceed to sign this plank to a 3 year deal.

Then at the end of 2016, again all the talk that he'd be let go, that we had Cleary or JD ready to take the reigns for the 2017 season and again, I was excited and waited in anticipation for the announcement. But then the idiots in power confirmed that he was staying on board and I was left, once again, with the horrid feeling of knowing that being anywhere near the Top 8 would be an overachievement considering the lack of brain cells in the coaching box.

I just can't do it again. So please, leave us be in the knowledge that over the next 2 years we can expect 3-5 decent games of footy in amongst a season where players look like they've just met, where we reach the dizzying heights of hoping results go our way so we can scrape into the 8 and pray to god that Mary's mates on the board sleep in on the day where they vote whether or not to extend the idiot.
I feel your pain Benny V but just to set the record straight there are actually 2 "planks".
The first one straight after Bennett was Price, the second one was Mcgregor.
Whatever the case, we have all got loads of splinters because of their involvement.

The outcome he has achieved is a predicted second last side CONSISTENTLY ALL YEAR placed in the top 8.. yea let's sack him..

Latest posts