What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

St Georgio

Juniors
How many at the game 500 people?
FMD our board are Stoned!
Jarryd Hayne signs with the Titans and have a sell out crowd!

Reactions: Qdf

thebigredv

First Grade
Fair to say the Marketo/Rein experiment has failed but you can guarantee Mary will do it again vs the Sharks because he is too proud to accept it.

Emu01

Juniors
Time is up Mary! Save face and just step down now, you are clearly out of ideas.. How many more losses do you want us fans to suffer before change happens?

Last edited:

grouch

First Grade
There is no way in the world McGregor is stepping down. He is too arrogant, egocentric, and selfish for that. He'll ensure anyone but him takes the fall for the state of the team - he has proven this time and time again.

In the press conference last night he threw the recruitment team under the bus. This is the bloke we've decided to let run the team? this is the person charged with instilling accountability in our players? What the f**k is wrong with the people making these decisions?? SACK HIM ASAP

https://www.nrl.com/mcgregor-praises-debutant-leilua/tabid/10874/newsid/99954/default.aspx

"Since November there's been a lot of talk about contracts at the club and it's been a real unstable environment because of that," McGregor said.

"I have two guys in recruitment and retention that work for the club and I'd rather all the questions be posted to them from now on. I've answered questions every media session all year about certain players.

"They know my feelings, the players. So I think now it's time for the recruitment guys to do their job and step up and answer the questions about who's here and who's not here next year.

Mr Red

First Grade
There is no way in the world McGregor is stepping down. He is too arrogant, egocentric, and selfish for that. He'll ensure anyone but him takes the fall for the state of the team - he has proven this time and time again.

In the press conference last night he threw the recruitment team under the bus. This is the bloke we've decided to let run the team? this is the person charged with instilling accountability in our players? What the f**k is wrong with the people making these decisions?? SACK HIM ASAP

https://www.nrl.com/mcgregor-praises-debutant-leilua/tabid/10874/newsid/99954/default.aspx

I agree there is no way he will voluntarily step down, but I think the reasons are very simple - he knows he won't get another first grade role anywhere and his next role will mean a huge pay cut. It's Price 2.0, and Mary like Price will go from first grade coach to a water boy .. And as you mention he will throw anyone under the bus if it means keeping his job.

I found his comment very amusing in regards to Luciano .."We didn't expect it, he hasn't done too much work with the main squad. He's been in the 20s system all year," McGregor said.

Well Mary.....perhaps his good showing was due to the fact he hasn't done too much work with you and the first grade squad .... Have you thought of that?

twinkletoes

Juniors
Unfortunately it appears that the Board might be going to try and save face by appointing Demetriou as co coach with Mary for next season to save them the embarrassment of having to pay out another useless coach

since77

Juniors
Paying out the coach's contract is the last thing they need to be worried about, and shame on anyone who handled that contract if they were too dumb to have minimum performance standards in there.
The amount of money the club is bound to lose in memberships, merchandise and game attendance is a harder thing to turn around once it starts to drop.

Its like watching Blackberry crumble. Bring a new model out every year thinking they still have a relevant phone, while their market share drops - rather than conceding they have a massive problem and need to completely reinvent themselves.

OzDragon

Coach
You know what pisses me off the most regarding our supercoach?

The team isn't even doing the BASICS correctly. Seriously, this is the stuff drilled into U10s FFS.

When performing a backline sweep, stand diagonal so the winger is starting about 20 meters back on his side of th field. Do we do this? not even close.

When attacking, RUN onto the ball, don't get it flat footed. Do we do this? Nope, we stand still and jog to the D.

Always have at least one player supporting the ball runner. Do we do this? I've only seen it a handful of times THIS SEASON.

When defending, cover the ball to prevent offloads. Do we do this? Take a guess.

Communicate so those around you know what you're doing. Hell, even my team had a basic playbook of code names for kicks, sweeps etc and we were 10!!

Attempt a quick play-the-ball whenever possible. Do we do this? Nah, nice and slow is how we like it.

Always have a playmaker within passing distance of the ball. Do we do this? Last night, the ball went through 4(!!!) sets of hands before reaching Benji on the last in attacking position.

How in the hell do the players and coach earn thousands of $$$ and can't even do these correctly. The stupidity of the Dragons atm defies belief.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Minh and Tru 2 of my good mates on here......make a pact like I did IGNORE the rubbish from those that get off on baiting others on this forum...we all have our opinions and views thats what these sights are all about but some of us try to do it with some decorum and class whether we agree or disagree ...as ive said many many times on here before if we don't take the bait they wont catch anything sooner or later they will pack up their rod and go home,...stay well fellas

FlameThrower

Bench
Riddle me this.

Are some of our key players so bad, they can't play what is I front of them? Ignore what the coach said and just play what they see?

BennyV

Referee
Riddle me this.

Are some of our key players so bad, they can't play what is I front of them? Ignore what the coach said and just play what they see?
The problem with this is that if it's going to happen, every player needs to buy into it, and 1 player needs to take charge. Neither of those things are happening.

In addition, the basics like standing deep, running onto the ball, backing up, hitting gaps and so on aren't happening. Seem to have been coached out of us.

Latest posts