What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Red V for life

Juniors
Heard a bit of Tony Squires, Girds and co on Triple M this afternoon and they discussed the Dragons.

Girds pointed out that you don't like to end a season performing worse than what you did at the start of the season, but that's where we find ourselves and it's been a progressive worsening of affairs. He also pointed out by now you generally know who is coming and who is staying but we don't. He has no idea how we're going to improve next year with things as they are.

Mary is on borrowed time surely.

Bench
If you are talking about Walters as s coach because he coached Queensland , well so did Fatty, as someone said you don't have to be a coach to win with Queensland,

St Georgio

Juniors
It is Sunday morning, just woken up from a bad dream, I saw we signed Mick Ennis to a 1 year contract, I guess in reality that means we are going to sign Benny Elias.
Why is Paul McGregor still coach, I was hoping to wake to the good news that we appointed Brian Smith a caretaker coach until we find a suitable replacement.
Anyway I will with some interest watch the Titans, the coach we should have had and the fullback we need

Mr Red

First Grade
Fair to say the Marketo/Rein experiment has failed but you can guarantee Mary will do it again vs the Sharks because he is too proud to accept it.

I dare say Mary thinks it has been successful so no doubt he will continue with it..

emu62

Juniors
Where does this source come from, praying its right

Gerard Condun on talkin sport, his mail is usually good & he said from a reliable source also said there will be a press conference in next 2 days for Farrar going to Souths, hope the first one is true.Praying there right with you

St Georgio

Juniors
We talk about jobs for the boys, 1 ex dragon I will be watching closely next year will be Trent Barrett.
Desi Hasler and Craig Bellamy in there first year of coaching both failed to make the play offs but both broke through the following season and from that point have never missed out on making finals.
The bookies had Manly positioned 5th at the start of the season with a Rookie coach, according to Marys spin all year Trent Barrett has had a brilliant start to his coaching career, me thinks we should target Trent Barrett for the year 2023 by then like Desi Hasler he will have steered Manly to two Premiership and few GF appearances.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Just took a look at the Bulldogs social pages (actually looking for any indication as rumoured that Leilua will sign with them) and noticed that Hasler has just coached his 200th win from 333 games as coach, that's a 60% success rate.
McGregor can only state he's happy with a 50% success rate.

Bulldogs 3rd (currently)
Dragons 12th (13th in reality)

Herein lies the difference between a "coach" and a "clown", one is inspired to be great, the other thinks it's great to be inspired.

SaintHarry

Juniors
Just took a look at the Bulldogs social pages (actually looking for any indication as rumoured that Leilua will sign with them) and noticed that Hasler has just coached his 200th win from 333 games as coach, that's a 60% success rate.
McGregor can only state he's happy with a 50% success rate.

Bulldogs 3rd (currently)
Dragons 12th (13th in reality)

Herein lies the difference between a "coach" and a "clown", one is inspired to be great, the other thinks it's great to be inspired.

There is one thing that you can be sure of there will not be a repeat of jack bird