What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Sigurd

Juniors
I fully support getting rid of coach Mary but I can't help wondering if any coach, Bellamy, Bennett or whomever could do any better with the current 6, 7 and 9. I know there are plans to move them on but who are they going to be replaced by? The third or fourth choice 6, 7 and 9 other clubs have on the books?

I think a pretty decent team is shaping up but I'm worried it is going to be wasted due to the worst spine in the NRL by some margin.

WE ARE BEING COACHED TO COMPETE .. NOT COACHED TO WIN... This is an endemic and systematic cultural issue that has crept in through the acceptance of mediocrity and poor leadership.

Just to show how average the coach is .. Bennett tried Marketo at hooker .. I don't recall.. But I suspect not in game time.. And gave up ..

Now he starts and credits Marshall and Widdop with developing his dummy half game...

"....Marketo backed Marshall to bounce back against the Sharks on Saturday night, and said he and skipper Gareth Widdop have been crucial to his development out of dummy half."

This probably highlights it all.. Two out of form out of position plodders are coaching the other spine member.. Dysfunctional spine.... lumbar stenosis operate now.

"Everyone has the full support of everyone else at the club...."

An the clincher ...the modem day Everyone gets ribbon attitude ..

http://m.nrl.com/bennett-initiative-reutilised-by-red-v/tabid/10874/newsid/100143/default.aspx

RED73V

Juniors
There is NO WAY last nights team was coached by McGregor . I wish one of the journalists had asked Mary " Where has your new found attack come from".
Answer Jason Demitriou . Mary hasn't got a clue about attacking football or attacking structures. Mary needs a reprieve for life from coaching, STARTING NOW!!

Old Timer

Coach
There is NO WAY last nights team was coached by McGregor . I wish one of the journalists had asked Mary " Where has your new found attack come from".
Answer Jason Demitriou . Mary hasn't got a clue about attacking football or attacking structures. Mary needs a reprieve for life from coaching, STARTING NOW!!
Very soon someone will come along and say "wasn't it a good decision by Dads Mc Gregor to get JD involved".

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Sack McGregor. Sack everyone. Let us coach the team and run the club we'll even do it for free

For free, you have to be kidding me, we should get at least a 50% discount voucher for Sizzler, a cap and one of those little red and white silk hankies that you see McGregor and Co wearing in their suit jackets.

This has to be the last straw.. As quoted from story

- wife verbally attacking players

- no show at players annual reunion.

Very interesting that Barrett turned up (he has every right to).. And the current coach is a no show. What message does that send.

At least the previous players might have some genuine influence on Doust and the club.

Mcgregor has failed to understand a very important lesson.. "Study the past if you would define the future.”

It would seem his arrogance and an overly inflated opinion of himself.. Is about to become a very big millstone around his neck.

Article:

"Last week I wrote how Dragons players were miffed by coach Paul McGregor’s wife’s verbally attacking some of them following a recent game.

Now McGregor has alienated the club further, by failing to attend the Dragons’ annual players’ reunion after the game against the Broncos last week.

The club’s former greats were looking forward to having a chat with McGregor - a star centre for the club for many years - and were disappointed he was a no show. Ironically, Manly coach Trent Barrett, a favourite with the Dragons back in the club’s heyday, made the trip to Wollongong for the function.

But he remains a man under siege and fans - and now former players - aren’t happy with the direction he and chief executive Peter Doust are taking the club."

http://www.nospam47.com/league/list...rumours-why/qpwk7o0v97sz10b762kbfevan/slide/2

Red V for life

Juniors
This has to be the last straw.. As quoted from story

- wife verbally attacking players

- no show at players annual reunion.

Very interesting that Barrett turned up (he has every right to).. And the current coach is a no show. What message does that send.

At least the previous players might have some genuine influence on Doust and the club.

Mcgregor has failed to understand a very important lesson.. "Study the past if you would define the future.”

It would seem his arrogance and an overly inflated opinion of himself.. Is about to become a very big millstone around his neck.

Article:

"Last week I wrote how Dragons players were miffed by coach Paul McGregor’s wife’s verbally attacking some of them following a recent game.

Now McGregor has alienated the club further, by failing to attend the Dragons’ annual players’ reunion after the game against the Broncos last week.

The club’s former greats were looking forward to having a chat with McGregor - a star centre for the club for many years - and were disappointed he was a no show. Ironically, Manly coach Trent Barrett, a favourite with the Dragons back in the club’s heyday, made the trip to Wollongong for the function.

But he remains a man under siege and fans - and now former players - aren’t happy with the direction he and chief executive Peter Doust are taking the club."

http://www.nospam47.com/league/list...rumours-why/qpwk7o0v97sz10b762kbfevan/slide/2
Never a good look when the missus starts to fight some of your battles for you. I could not put enough money on Widdop being one of the targets (if the story is true).

For mine, Mary has had complete control taken away. There's probably a fair bit of ill-feeling and wounded pride as a result.

I think the next 3 games will determine if we get a new coach or whether a power sharing arrangement is the go in 2017. I hope it's the former.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Taking a look at the training gallery today and 2 things of note:

1. No photos of McGregor (well he supposed to be the head coach) but a few of JD. Co-incidence?

2. Good to see Creagh doing some training. Doesn't show any bandages etc. Like seeing him back on the paddock.

Lovemedragons

Juniors

1. No photos of McGregor (well he supposed to be the head coach) but a few of JD. Co-incidence?

2. Good to see Creagh doing some training. Doesn't show any bandages etc. Like seeing him back on the paddock.

Is Creagh just getting ready for his own 'Dan Hunt' farewell run on in the last game?

BennyV

Referee
One win and everyone forgets this thread??
Sure as hell hope not.

IMO, nothing should save McGregor from getting sacked. If we win every game this year, it's not enough. The season, and Mary's NRL coaching career to date, has been a failure. He has failed to get anything close to the best out of this team, he has failed to utilise those around him to increase or develop his own skillset, he has failed to properly develop young talent and increase the skillset of the players, he has failed to show any professionalism in his actions or words at any point throughout the season. HIs employment, and retention for 2017, are an embarrassment to the fans and the club.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Dragonconspiracy post: 11722259 said:

I like a good conspircy theory and I do feel Mary may have taken a back seat in the coaching of the team. The body language at last weekends press conference tells me that his ego and control may have taken a hit as well. I'm sure there will be plenty of spin at seasons end.