What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

St Georgio

Juniors
I'd be backing that Cleary might be appointed Director of coaching in 2016 and will mould his systems and structure into the organization. A lot will play out over the off season and I reckon Mary will resign to peruse business interests, thereby avoid being sacked and Cleary will be Head Coach by kick off 2017. Just my gut feeling that this situation will play out with plenty of spin to avoid damaged egos and poor decision making.
I hope your correct because just keeping Mary on to save face is ridiculous, we all know he was a fantastic player (illawarra legand), but extremely 1 dimensional when it come's to coaching. I personally gave something a go and screwed up..I moved on from it didn't kill me..it felt pretty bad..but that's life..same for McGregor time to move on.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Normally a director of coaching would be someone with vast experience that can mentor a 'new' coach.. For example Gus Gould or a Brisn Smith/Tim Sheens etc.

For me Ivan Cleary doesn't fit that bill.. Would it be a way of getting him into the club for the next year to put his own mark on it before becoming coach in 2018?

nrlnrl

First Grade
So finally it's being reported by the Mole in RLW today that the Dragons are interested in appointing Ivan Cleary as Director of Coaching for 2017. He claims Cleary would be in charge of both coaches and players & Mary would remain under a new structure. Also states recruitment will be totally restructured after failing to miss out on some targeted signings.
Although it's only small steps.......at least it's a much needed and warranted change. Just hope Tony Adams is right with his story.
Mole recycles his stories from RLW because hardly anyone reads the mag these days. This story is from Thursday. Plus the story was raised over a week ago by a number of other people in the media, so nothing has changed.

As stated by ourCEO, there will be a review at the end of the season. There won't be any announcements until after this has finished. It could be October, November or December before anything happens from this 'review', so be patient people.

Old Timer

Coach
The whole director of coaching theme is crap.
How is it that the U/20's and the Cutters who are going along pretty damned well and playing attractive footy need to be institutionalised due to the fact that the first grade crew of Mc Gregor, Young and Hornby are all duds?
The club must stop all this crap and make the hard but correct decision of dumping them instead of trying to rescue these blokes and further add to our outgoing costs by employing a director of coaching.
If the BOD insist on employing a coaching director then the BOD should all take a corresponding pay cut to afford it.

monsterkev

Juniors
Sure as hell hope not.

IMO, nothing should save McGregor from getting sacked. If we win every game this year, it's not enough. The season, and Mary's NRL coaching career to date, has been a failure. He has failed to get anything close to the best out of this team, he has failed to utilise those around him to increase or develop his own skillset, he has failed to properly develop young talent and increase the skillset of the players, he has failed to show any professionalism in his actions or words at any point throughout the season. HIs employment, and retention for 2017, are an embarrassment to the fans and the club.
exactly right nothing should save mcgregor
these have been my sentiments as well,it seems though we have one good game everyone forgets about the no1 priority
getting rid of mcgregor
and doust

John moz

Juniors
What a joke he still keeps playing benji by by mary and benji shit hopeless not up to nrl standards how does the club still go on and say no change mary will be coach next year.It shows they dont play for there coach what a disgrace.

FlameThrower

Bench
Sucked in last week and now back to normal...I can't understand how the Club can think and accept this is the what the fans want...
Young, Hornby, Mary all be gone....

Red V for life

Juniors
exactly right nothing should save mcgregor
these have been my sentiments as well,it seems though we have one good game everyone forgets about the no1 priority
getting rid of mcgregor
and doust
I don't forget, but I've taken full advantage of what little joy the team has given me this year.

This performance today has done me. The presser post game just has to contain the phrase "I'm standing down effective immediately" or "I've been terminated effective immediately".

How can a team playing for the slimmest chance of a spot in the 8 serve up this? And it's not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th time they've played for something and not delivered THIS year!

Warren Smith still cracking jokes on Foxsports. Now reckons last week's 17 have been abducted by aliens and replaced by this 17.

Just fuming.

monsterkev

Juniors
now your starting to get the picture
1 win doesnt bring a premiership or any satisfaction to fans
get back on the sack mary horse now and keep it going

St Georgio

Juniors
I new way back in round 3 after being flogged by the Sharks that Paul McGregor wasn't the man for our team our club, I created a new thread NEW COACH PLEASE, this flogging today smells very much like when Steve Price was given the tap, we were smashed in consecutive weeks by the eels and the grubs surely he has been given the tap already.

1st & 10

Juniors
He will not quite. Too arrogant and thinks he is not accountable .

Then you have Doust, double the arrogance

"jobs for the boys" culture is also hurting - looking at Young/Hornby etc etc