What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

1st & 10

Juniors
Nothing to add, just keeping this thread up the top of the page so it's front and centre for all to see.

Let's see if this thread can get to the great numbers of "Craig Bellamy as Coach" and "Rangi Chase is coming".

Agree , this thread must be continually bumped to express our discontent about cue-ball and Doust

St Georgio

Juniors
I will be totally mystified if Paul McGregor will remain head coach as he has fail miserably to win games, winning games is like making sales in a retail situation, no sales no money coming into the business to pay staff, pay rent pay for stock etc etc sooner or later the business will fail and evaporate. Like St George.. People are not going to games, we are not buying merchandise, we are losing Junior's, I believe if Peter Doust and Paul McGregor will drive this club over a cliff, they must leave out of respect of the club, they are both embarrassing themselves to the point where you think they may need psychological assistant or help?

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
I'm getting ready for the propaganda and spin that will come in the next few weeks, similar to when Peter Mullholand departed at the end of last season.....to be closer to his farm property for when he retires (yeah right)
Expect Jason Demetriou, Tony Ayoub and David Warwick to announce their departures to peruse other opportunities.
Ian Millward will be promoted to Director of Coaching and recruitment as we made the semis last year under his help with our tactics.
Matt Head will be announced as the new Cutters Coach.......and Bill and Ben (Young and Hornby) will remain assistants to Mary McNugget. Same shit will just roll on and on.

SaintPauli

Juniors
It can't get any worse.

JD has done well with the cutters particular their attack! He's Even improved first graders who gave dropped back to the cutters.

The dragons should pay out Mary and promote JD on an incentive 1 year contract.

Just sitting by the phone waiting for Doust to call me.

After watching yet another display of utter sh!t last night I emailed the club my own resume officially applying for the top Coaching job.

Can't do any worse than what we have now.

As head Coach my first appointment will be welcoming Ivan Cleary to the Coaching ranks in the role of looking after everything the Head Coach would do.

since77

Juniors
So at the moment it seems the inept and clueless rabble running the club are unmoved to make changes. Forget about 11th on the ladder - the only team worse than the Dragons this year are the Knights. We have no halfback or hooker for 2017 - the 2 most important positions on the field, and let's remember in technical terms, our team is 2 games away from the beginning of the 2017 season. My mind boggles at how this can be possible in professional sport.
My question for the inept, clueless rabble running our club is this - How much worse does it have to get before you take action?

The answer to that question is quite depressing indeed.

St Georgio

Juniors
So at the moment it seems the inept and clueless rabble running the club are unmoved to make changes. Forget about 11th on the ladder - the only team worse than the Dragons this year are the Knights. We have no halfback or hooker for 2017 - the 2 most important positions on the field, and let's remember in technical terms, our team is 2 games away from the beginning of the 2017 season. My mind boggles at how this can be possible in professional sport.
My question for the inept, clueless rabble running our club is this - How much worse does it have to get before you take action?

The answer to that question is quite depressing indeed.
Very depressing to say the least, no coach, no hooker,no halfback, it is like a car without an engine!

The Melbourne Storm have just re-signed five players as they all want to play and commit to a strong team and great Coach.

We couldn't attract a blowfly to a fresh cow turd (no offense Nene).

FlameThrower

Bench
Nail in coffin for me / don't renew membership. Don't attend games don't buy merchandise - it's the only option left as emails, Facebook rants and even sporting commentators in print and TV are ignored by the Club.
Also I can tell u now, expect even less FTA games in 2017 = less sponsorship air time = less return on investment .
I don't see any light at all to suggest 2017 will be a great year as we turnaround the the Club! Not with usual suspects there and if the rumours of JD and Ayoub jumping ship are true than we are really in trouble ..

Saintsified

Bench
Nail in coffin for me / don't renew membership. Don't attend games don't buy merchandise - it's the only option left as emails, Facebook rants and even sporting commentators in print and TV are ignored by the Club.
Also I can tell u now, expect even less FTA games in 2017 = less sponsorship air time = less return on investment .
I don't see any light at all to suggest 2017 will be a great year as we turnaround the the Club! Not with usual suspects there and if the rumours of JD and Ayoub jumping ship are true than we are really in trouble ..
I already did that.

The only good thing about the Red and White this year is the Swans! Never thought I would be so disgusted in the Saints to make that comment but....

SAINTS need to SPEND big and rebuild NOW starting with a NEW high profile COACH!.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Neil Evans reported on Twitter than changes to coaching/mamagement to be announced as early as next week for the Dragons.

Can't wait for this season to finish as I feel that is what the club is also waiting for to make these changes. Not a bad move really as bringing in a new guy mid season, the players all of a sudden lift and they win games. Then a year later after the temporary coach is signed they team goes back to square one. E.g Mary, Fittler, etc.Every team lifts when they change coach mid season and is not a true reflection imo.

The new coach can come from scratch and have a full off season. If Saints don't get a new coach then hopefully something else will change. I am sure Saints can use his results, blow up with players, and DUI as a good reason for dismissal when they do his performance review. Wait and see.

The board are under as much pressure as Mary so I think by sacking him they will get let off the hook so will make the change happen. If they keep him and it gets worse then they can lose their jobs. For them to keep Mary they will certainly need to make some big changes in the coaching ranks like getting Cleary as Coaching Director. I bet Cleary comes in with the view of making Hornby/Young better coaches so they can take over in the future.

Neil Evans reported on Twitter than changes to coaching/mamagement to be announced as early as next week for the Dragons.

Can't wait for this season to finish as I feel that is what the club is also waiting for to make these changes. Not a bad move really as bringing in a new guy mid season, the players all of a sudden lift and they win games. Then a year later after the temporary coach is signed they team goes back to square one. E.g Mary, Fittler, etc.Every team lifts when they change coach mid season and is not a true reflection imo.

The new coach can come from scratch and have a full off season. If Saints don't get a new coach then hopefully something else will change. I am sure Saints can use his results, blow up with players, and DUI as a good reason for dismissal when they do his performance review. Wait and see.

The board are under as much pressure as Mary so I think by sacking him they will get let off the hook so will make the change happen. If they keep him and it gets worse then they can lose their jobs. For them to keep Mary they will certainly need to make some big changes in the coaching ranks like getting Cleary as Coaching Director. I bet Cleary comes in with the view of making Hornby/Young better coaches so they can take over in the future.

CAUTION, CAUTION, CAUTION.

Does this simply mean Doust and McGregor are naming there new Coaching line ups for next year.

Exit Jason Demetriou and Tony Ayoub and welcome a few more "old boys" from McGregor's playing days.
Chook Heron in as D coach and Chris Leikvoll as attacking coach.
George Rose also welcomed back in the head role of Performance, Medical & Nutrition.

forward pass

Coach
As an Eels supporter - I feel sorry for you guys. There is nothing worse than having a coach that you have no faith in but are somewhat powerless to do anything about. I felt your pain in the Kearney years when it was blatantly obvious that the side was never going to improve under him so we felt like we had to wait it out and hope the damage caused is not irreparable.

But even he wasn't really sacked - he 'resigned' when he realised he wasn't up to it. Maybe McGregor will do the same - although it is unlikely as he has made a finals series so probably thinks he goes ok. Kearney never got close to a final series.

I am an old fashioned guy and really hate seeing great clubs struggling - including my own. Even though I hate Manly because I have to, these clubs made the comp what it is today - not the Titans or bloody Storm.