What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Zucchini

Juniors
Watching them in the sheds, I can see why he's lost the interest in the players. Couldn't hear what was said obviously, but lots of finger pointing & glaring going on.

Comes off as a self-promoting bully. Can't stand the merkin.
It was vomitous, wasn't it.

Old Timer

Coach
Didnt see that, but even if half the rumours are true, his man management is shite... and has lost the respect of most players.
Tru,
The look / atmosphere inside the shed was diabolical.
Lots of people posted how good his management was almost as an excuse for his inept coaching so what was the basis of that thought process I wonder?
So he can't coach, hopeless with the media, man management nil, ability to enlist help other than from his cronies nil, ability to shoulder responsibility nil.
If Cleary does come and McGregor remains in any role surely it must be even more dis-functional than it already is ?

THE CHAMP

First Grade
This is my favourite thread in here these days.
Always plenty of action.
Seems a sense of helplessness in here.
They can't pay out Mary because it's not their money to spend in that way.
Even if the fans collected the cash for them they couldn't accept it as it would expose their incompetence further.
Anyway next season is already f**ked for you guys from where im sitting.

Gareth67

First Grade
There has been a few posts of late suggesting that there will be some changes made at the seasons end .
Personally , I tend to agree ,that there could possibly be some major announcements made in the next month , either a new coach / director or player signing / resigning , or both .

It may only be wishful thinking , but I believe that there may already be an outside source at play , ever so discreetly , beginning to direct the traffic in the Boardroom ?
Perhaps that same source also has money to pay-off Mary ?

Last edited:

St Georgio

Juniors
There has been a few posts of late suggesting that there will be some changes made at the seasons end .
Personally , I tend to agree ,that there could possibly be some major announcements made in the next month , either a new coach / director or player signing / resigning , or both .

It may only be wishful thinking , but I believe that there may already be an outside source at play , ever so discreetly , beginning to direct the traffic in the Boardroom ?
Perhaps that same source also has some money to pay-off Mary ?

I HOPE SO!

Bench
Would it be possible to transfer Mary to say, recruitment away from coaching and Cleary, know it's not going to happen, what do people think, am I mad

Gomarchin

Juniors
Would it be possible to transfer Mary to say, recruitment away from coaching and Cleary, know it's not going to happen, what do people think, am I mad
Anything to get Mary away from coaching. I'd even be prepared to help him paint the recruitment office.

Sigurd

Juniors
I think we shouldn't worry about it. It's inconceivable, even for the Dragons front office, he won't be sacked between next Monday and round 1 next year.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
They should hire Mary as an assistant and possibly step down like Price did.

Price may have been a terrible head coach but he must be ok as an assistant as he has had good success with Bennett and now Flanno. And for him to step down into that role shows a bit of class on his behalf. Show he loves the game and wants to be involved no matter what. He has no big ego that is for sure. Mary should maybe take note.

Sigurd

Juniors
They should hire Mary as an assistant and possibly step down like Price did.

Price may have been a terrible head coach but he must be ok as an assistant as he has had good success with Bennett and now Flanno. And for him to step down into that role shows a bit of class on his behalf. Show he loves the game and wants to be involved no matter what. He has no big ego that is for sure. Mary should maybe take note.

Sound reasoning but word on the street is that McGregor has lost the dressing room. No, there is way to manage it if the club really can't afford to pay him out. Give him a small, out of the way office and have him sit there all day. No one talk to him, no one ask him to do anything, no one return his calls and etc etc. He will quit soon enough.

I don't believe the club can't afford to pay him out. I do believe the club can't afford not to get rid of him even if he were on a mil or more per-year.

"How tough are financial times at St George-Illawarra? Tough enough that they couldn't even afford to pay their bus bill to Parramatta Stadium last Monday night.

An alternative transport company was organised for the Dragons."

--

If this is true and I don't know that it is... It's an absolute disgrace and perhaps the Directors should be looking at appointing an Administrator...

Remember.. The NRL is not going to need much of a reason to 'take control' of the club. Unpaid creditors action would certainly be a reason.

As I said last week.. We have reached the 'tipping point'.

You can only rob Peter to pay Paul for so long.. Or is that rob Paul to pay Peter .. What is certain .. Peter and Paul have robbed us.

The end is nigh.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/l...wboys-video/lu1dtobqam0i1o7uxddgwci9u/slide/4

Red V for life

Juniors
Tru,
The look / atmosphere inside the shed was diabolical.
Lots of people posted how good his management was almost as an excuse for his inept coaching so what was the basis of that thought process I wonder?
So he can't coach, hopeless with the media, man management nil, ability to enlist help other than from his cronies nil, ability to shoulder responsibility nil.
If Cleary does come and McGregor remains in any role surely it must be even more dis-functional than it already is ?
OT, I was one of those ''good man manager' posters early in the season. It did look like it at the time and the players all sang from the same song sheet.

What's happened since then is Mary's coaching honeymoon or whatever you want to call it came crashing to the ground. For mine, he appears to not like being challenged/in control and can't handle pressure. The result is what we've seen in pressers, in camera footage from the sheds etc which is not the sign of a truly good man manager. Simply put...I got it wrong.

"How tough are financial times at St George-Illawarra? Tough enough that they couldn't even afford to pay their bus bill to Parramatta Stadium last Monday night.

--

If this is true and I don't know that it is... It's an absolute disgrace and perhaps the Directors should be looking at appointing an Administrator...

Remember.. The NRL is not going to need much of a reason to 'take control' of the club. Unpaid creditors action would certainly be a reason.

You can only rob Peter to pay Paul for so long.. Or is that rob Paul to pay Peter .. What is certain .. Peter and Paul have robbed us.

The end is nigh.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/l...wboys-video/lu1dtobqam0i1o7uxddgwci9u/slide/4
Embarrassing. Just embarrassing.

I can see it now...an add on to our Red V memberships...the "pay out Mary and get our boys to the game levy".

Gareth67

First Grade

--

The end is nigh.

I hope that this is nothing more than media trash , being thrown at a Club that is already down on its knees . We have all suffered enough this season , without bearing anymore heartache.

We are in worse trouble than what we have been led to believe . The Joint Venture cannot afford to pay a outstanding transport account ? Surely this is not so ? If indeed it is , then this is another example of just how incapable and incompetent our current Board is when managing its finances .

I realise that our views about Bruce Gordon differ , however , in my opinion, the quicker the negotiations with the NRL are completed , and hopefully accepted by all parties , the better for the Joint Venture .

At least his organisation would ensure that all outstanding accounts would be paid on time .

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
Season over, now sack Mary, bring on Cleary from October and start a new chapter. He can't coach, can't motivate and is in complete denial along with the majority of the Club management. 8000 odd ppl there today....
Today's game summed up our season.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Yes it was a pretty average performance and we do really need to think long and hard about where we are going.Possibly better if Mary does walk away,however if not I think management should move him on.

Coffs dragon

Bench
If McGreggor is in charge as head coach for 2017 then we will be genuine Wooden spoon favourites. Surely the Board can see the damage his garbage coaching is doing to the team, club, fans and reputation. Peter Doust needs to intervene in the political bullshit power play in the JV and just end Mary's contract.

Gareth67

First Grade
If McGreggor is in charge as head coach for 2017 then we will be genuine Wooden spoon favourites. Surely the Board can see the damage his garbage coaching is doing to the team, club, fans and reputation. Peter Doust needs to intervene in the political bullshit power play in the JV and just end Mary's contract.

Hopefully that will occur , but perhaps not in the way that we expect . As I believe that Mr Doust will be pushed into making that decision to save his own skin , at least for the short term .

In the coming weeks there may be a number of announcements made , not necessarily on the Recruitment front ,
but more so in the Administrative side . A new coach , ( Jason Demeitrou ? ) , a couple of signings and a new direction that the Joint Venture will be taking . The bulk of money being put aside for 2018 to be spent on quality players only - just my thoughts .

Last edited:
JD will be gone and expect Head to follow him out the door to.

No first grade coach wants to be shown up by his underlings.