What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

possm

Coach
The only real path for Dragons future success begins with the sacking of the first grade coaching staff,

Hire Cleary and let him select his coaching staff.

Sigurd

Juniors
If the Bullgrubs bow out next week I wonder if Hasler will be safe. From what I have heard the club is justifiably unhappy given the resources they have paid for Hasler to work with and Hasler's salary.

St Georgio

Juniors
If the Bullgrubs bow out next week I wonder if Hasler will be safe. From what I have heard the club is justifiably unhappy given the resources they have paid for Hasler to work with and Hasler's salary.
I had heard all is not rosy over the bullgrubs!

If Hasler is struggling to get anyting going at the Dogs what makes anyone think he'll do better at the Dragons.

His game plan is flat out boring its bash and barge thats it.

The Dragons are weaker and the forwards are smaller and he would look no better than Mary.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If Hasler is struggling to get anyting going at the Dogs what makes anyone think he'll do better at the Dragons.

His game plan is flat out boring its bash and barge thats it.

The Dragons are weaker and the forwards are smaller and he would look no better than Mary.

Agree Coast.
We need a coach with passion, vision, creativity and enterprise. Once you have these, players will respond.

I'm not a Ricky Stuart fan but what he has achieved with the squad he has is just amazing. He has, on paper, rejects and discards from other clubs mixed with 1 or 2 international quality players, that's worse than what we have.
Hasler is one dimensional as you say bash and barge. This was ok 3 or 4 years ago, but with the interchange and the increased speed of the game, this is where the Dogs struggle. Like McGregor, Hasler doesn't have a plan B.

FlameThrower

Bench
Hasler- commentators are right, far too much ball given to Klimer, Graham and those big forwards. They just go in circles and their halves are hot and cold. I said months back, Bulldogs were imposters.

drago brelli

Bench

$1.2 mil Hasler earns. Four times the PM's salary and all he can come up with is give the ball to Tolman then give the ball to Graham. James Graham is very interesting. I remember the episode on Fawlty Towers when the psychiatrist turn up to the hotel, took one look at Basil and said "there's enough material there for an entire conference". James, take note.

Sigurd

Juniors
Hasler is a very good coach. He coaches the Grubs that way because that is their strength. What a novel idea! He screwed up letting Ennis go and probably Hodkinson as well. Grubs are similar to us. Their players in key positions (6, 7 and 9) are poor. Theirs are poor ours are atrocious.

BennyV

Referee
Dogs let the wrong half go. A combo of Hodko and Mbye is far better balanced and would have taken the ball-playing power away from the forwards, who tend to get in the way more than anything.

thebigredv

First Grade
Hi guys. I was just wondering whether after this abysmal season and after we missed the finals for the fourth time in 5 years whether our coach has been sacked. Anyone know?

saintphil

Juniors
They should hire Mary as an assistant and possibly step down like Price did.

Price may have been a terrible head coach but he must be ok as an assistant as he has had good success with Bennett and now Flanno. And for him to step down into that role shows a bit of class on his behalf. Show he loves the game and wants to be involved no matter what. He has no big ego that is for sure. Mary should maybe take note.
mary should look at how the teams in the finals are coached, bennet, hasler green ,bellamy, stuart, maybe hire one of them for after hours tutoring for himself. hes a useless prick with zero coaching skills and we've got him because hes cheap.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
Firstly, well done to Neil Henry and the Titans for making the 8 after all of their adversities, shows what a real coach can do (as well as attract players). Now, move Mary aside and give JD a season as head coach. Just move Mary far to the side to eliminate any interference. JD will know who of the young brigade are ready to step up and will only cost us an increase to JD's wage which I am sure he will earn.

Country Dragon

Juniors
Hasler is a very good coach. He coaches the Grubs that way because that is their strength. What a novel idea! He screwed up letting Ennis go and probably Hodkinson as well. Grubs are similar to us. Their players in key positions (6, 7 and 9) are poor. Theirs are poor ours are atrocious.
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

blacksafake

First Grade
How silly will the club look if the 2 lower grade coaches whose teams made the semi's & play a good brand of footy get punted & McGregor stays.

St Georgio

Juniors
Firstly, well done to Neil Henry and the Titans for making the 8 after all of their adversities, shows what a real coach can do (as well as attract players). Now, move Mary aside and give JD a season as head coach. Just move Mary far to the side to eliminate any interference. JD will know who of the young brigade are ready to step up and will only cost us an increase to JD's wage which I am sure he will earn.
I have been harping on on over the advantages of appointing teachers as coaches, this is why I believe Brian Smith can turn this club around, managing wild students in a class is no different to managing footballers, you set a task to player he completes his job on footy field, unlike Mary he gives our players a task and they completely do something else..the more you over focus on the D sometimes the worst it becomes in our case our defence went up the crappa!
If JD is a teacher by profession I would give him a shot!

Coffs dragon

Bench
It's 9.40am Monday....why hasn't the prick been sacked yet? Come on Dousty finish your coffee and pull the trigger.

Dea

Juniors
Mary has to talk as if he is staying. The obvious thing for him to do, if staying, is to conduct a review of the years performance. None of this should be surprising or alarming, but expected.
I'm fearful that Mary might turn around and reveal that our problems in 2016 were player based and balance of the team. But we are implementing a Right Player Right Position (RPRP) strategy that will see us return to the glory days of 2015 and scraping in to the finals.
The real action of interest is, will the club (board) be conducting a performance review of the coach and team? If so, I cannot imagine how it a continuance of Mary as coach can be justified unless they highlight the good performance of the junior teams,of which I imagine Mary has no real coaching influence over as these teams are able to score tries.
As much as I believe a change in coach, based on performance, is absolutely essential, I am not confident the club will do it and remain concerned on the spin they might give to ensure Mary remains for another season.