What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dea

Juniors
Todays game cant give anyone hope for 2017. Struggled to beat a team that has won 1 game all year. Players have gone backwards in personal performance. Have the worst attack of everyone except Newcastle, and only just do we beat them! The only good news that can give hope for next year is that Mary is moved on.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
Hi Team, my first comment on the forum. Did you hear the mumble in the presser that matt head and JD were doing a great job under me. Wow what an arrogant so and so. Also I think Douse maybe Mary with a wig, both arrogant as hell.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Hi Team, my first comment on the forum. Did you hear the mumble in the presser that matt head and JD were doing a great job under me. Wow what an arrogant so and so. Also I think Douse maybe Mary with a wig, both arrogant as hell.
The blokes a deflecting wanker. In the real world, his comment translates as :- "any coach looks better in comparison to me"

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Sound reasoning but word on the street is that McGregor has lost the dressing room. No, there is way to manage it if the club really can't afford to pay him out. Give him a small, out of the way office and have him sit there all day. No one talk to him, no one ask him to do anything, no one return his calls and etc etc. He will quit soon enough.

I don't believe the club can't afford to pay him out. I do believe the club can't afford not to get rid of him even if he were on a mil or more per-year.

I think that he has already put himself into that job.

emu62

Juniors
Finally decided to watch the press conference, wish i didn't. So Mcgregor will be doing a full review starting next week. F##k me, we all know what the problem is
Is there anyone or anything else he hasn't already tried to blame for his total incompetence?
What a joke! Expect some real Zingers to come out of this review
Maybe the ball boys weren't getting the ball back into play quick enough

St Georgio

Juniors
So my dream of him.. given his last speech to players didn't come to fruition, so he will be doing a full review on the team performance. So.. after two and a half season at the job he still has not worked out what the problem is, OMG, so I think we have new name for this football club the St George Illawarra Psychos!

Last edited:

Red V for life

Juniors
Is there any possibility that Mary's end of season review is nothing more than a rouse to keep him occupied in the deep, dark recesses of WIN Stadium while a new regime is ushered in? Think about it...if he hasn't figured out where the BIGGEST problem lies yet, it ain't gonna smack him in the face during the off season.

I say go for it Mary...undertake your review and take your time doing it while others more qualified, knowledgable etc etc try and right the course.

Coffs dragon

Bench
If the review is conducted by a genuine independent party then the findings should be handed down by 9.05 am Monday 5 September 2016 presuming they start at 9. He should be sacked and press conference by 10 am
Otherwise if the club does it internal , then Mrs McGreggor and the Steelers arse covering board members will spin this review forever.

watatank

Coach
Is there any possibility that Mary's end of season review is nothing more than a rouse to keep him occupied in the deep, dark recesses of WIN Stadium while a new regime is ushered in? Think about it...if he hasn't figured out where the BIGGEST problem lies yet, it ain't gonna smack him in the face during the off season.

I say go for it Mary...undertake your review and take your time doing it while others more qualified, knowledgable etc etc try and right the course.

There will be a "review" but it's Something that he can keep on using to deflect...we wont hear about it for weeks maybe months and there's no press conference to addres it just a press release when all the coaches for next year are appointed

thebigredv

First Grade
McGregor = Death of Dragons

Even in bad seasons, pride used to at least get us into the finals.

You can tell players, all bar favs Marketo and Benji, don't rate the coach. No respect. No pride in the jersey anymore.

OzDragon

Coach
McGregor = Death of Dragons

Even in bad seasons, pride used to at least get us into the finals.

You can tell players, all bar favs Marketo and Benji, don't rate the coach. No respect. No pride in the jersey anymore.
I wouldn't say Benji rates Mary.

thebigredv

First Grade
I wouldn't say Benji rates Mary.
I know what you mean but Benji should be grateful he was given a lifeline, even if it was in the half back role. He is using the fact he couldn't play at 5/8 as his new excuse to get another contract (and I doubt it will work).

Reactions: Qdf

God-King Dean

Immortal
Reminds me of when FIFA did an investigation into itself to see if it was corrupt

FIFA did an investigation into FIFA, to see if FIFA is corrupt. FIFA came to the conclusion, that FIFA, wasn't corrupt.

Seems legit.

Carlton

Juniors
Hopefully that will occur , but perhaps not in the way that we expect . As I believe that Mr Doust will be pushed into making that decision to save his own skin , at least for the short term .

In the coming weeks there may be a number of announcements made , not necessarily on the Recruitment front ,
but more so in the Administrative side . A new coach , ( Jason Demeitrou ? ) , a couple of signings and a new direction that the Joint Venture will be taking . The bulk of money being put aside for 2018 to be spent on quality players only - just my thoughts .

I don't know if this is based on "inside" information or just a gut feeling but it is what I want to hear. The core of what you are saying sounds as though the club is developing a plan for the future. If I could see this being actively implemented I can wait for success but we have heard similar things before and they have not eventuated.

The points you make are spot on. New coach, a couple of key positions to be filled now, a plan to secure the financial future of the club (and I still have reservations about Bruce Gordon), pre-identification of players needed (not just picked up) and a strategy how to bring them to the club.