What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I don't expect any announcements today.......................it's Mad Monday.
They will let ALL and sundry have their "party".
And remember we still have 2 teams playing in finals footy.
Announcements will come soon, I hope!

grouch

First Grade
It's 9.40am Monday....why hasn't the prick been sacked yet? Come on Dousty finish your coffee and pull the trigger.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It makes business sense to delay our coahcing decision until after Mad Monday. If Mary gets drunk enough we may be able to fire him for free</p>&mdash; Petros Doustie (@FakeDoustie) <a href="">September 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

St Georgio

Juniors
Cleary or Toovey would be an improvement but I think the clubs needs Brian Smith. This guy is ruthless in getting rid of players who aren't performing and bringing young players through in their place. I believe that is precisely what the team needs.
With Benji and Rein gone this squad is very much suited to Smithy, Widdop would miraculous find his form quick smart or Smithy would have his bags packing straight back to England!

Zucchini

Juniors
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...dio-ivan-cleary-going-to-st-george-illawarra/

Triple M's Paul Kent reports that the Dragons are in discussions with Ivan Cleary and that "the job is his if he wants it."

It's understood the Dragons want a long term coach with NRL experience at turning a struggling club around.

The Warriors are also chasing Cleary, but Ivan's superstar son Nathan, who is currently playing for the Panthers, will play a big part in the decision

OzDragon

Coach
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...dio-ivan-cleary-going-to-st-george-illawarra/

Triple M's Paul Kent reports that the Dragons are in discussions with Ivan Cleary and that "the job is his if he wants it."

It's understood the Dragons want a long term coach with NRL experience at turning a struggling club around.

The Warriors are also chasing Cleary, but Ivan's superstar son Nathan, who is currently playing for the Panthers, will play a big part in the decision
Rumours are gonna be flying left, right and centre this offseason.

St Georgio

Juniors

This little voice in my head says to me, who ever is lucky to sign Ivan, may jag Nathan!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Regardless of the rumours, and there are many, it's hard to see how McGregor will survive the offseason. You don't have to be Einstein to see the writing is on the wall.

FlameThrower

Bench
Sign the contract cleary... sign the contract
I would add that his faith in bringing thru juniors ties in nicely with recent swag of juniors being resigned, plus the blooding of some young guys this year. All of this could be what we need to turn this ship around. Promote JD to assistant coach and the pieces of the puzzle will all fit. I think that Hornby and Young need to be split up to learn more, instead of learning on job in FG...which we can't afford.

thebigredv

First Grade
Hi, long time poster here. Can anyone tell me if our coach Paul 'Mary' McGregor has been sacked yet? Good luck to the Dragons in the finals...oh wait...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Regardless of the rumours, and there are many, it's hard to see how McGregor will survive the offseason. You don't have to be Einstein to see the writing is on the wall.

That is what we thought in 2012 off season. There is no way Price can survive such a crap season. Come 2013 and our stupid club gives him enough time to totally F*&$ the season and then they bring in Mary. I will not be suprised if they go the same way. If so it's going to be a looooooong offseason.

I think I just figured it out, if they sack Mary mid season in 2017, they have the excuse that out of all the AVAILABLE coaches around which won't be many MID SEASON, their choice was logical which will be another of the old boys club in Hornby or Young or better still Millward as the next coach. If they don't sack Mary in the off season expect that to happen.

Respect the past... To build the future.

Raider players are crediting R.Stuart with bringing pride and passion back to the club. Changing the culture to understand and respect the past and history.. To drive a passion for the jumper that moves you.

The players have all bought in and they are playing for the jumper, the history and those that came before them.

They now 'get' what it means to wear the jumper.. And the buy in of passion and belief.. Means they won't settle for mediocrity, for fear of failing the past.

We are a 'blue chip' club.. We are the biggest brand in the game worldwide.. We have a very rich past..

Why the f.#%k can't the Board see what is obvious .... You have devalued the jumper through mediocrity, soft options and nepotism.

Winning is a state of mind... But it's not our state of mind. Get some pride back in the place.. And the results will take care of themselves.

Not long now Paul.. Keep looking over your shoulder.

blacksafake

First Grade
That is what we thought in 2012 off season. There is no way Price can survive such a crap season. Come 2013 and our stupid club gives him enough time to totally F*&$ the season and then they bring in Mary. I will not be suprised if they go the same way. If so it's going to be a looooooong offseason.

I think I just figured it out, if they sack Mary mid season in 2017, they have the excuse that out of all the AVAILABLE coaches around which won't be many MID SEASON, their choice was logical which will be another of the old boys club in Hornby or Young or better still Millward as the next coach. If they don't sack Mary in the off season expect that to happen.
Very logical Slippery & is the way the club operates. Hope you are wrong though.

Dea

Juniors
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/coaches-danger-sacked/

Four NRL coaches that should be sacked.

One of the Dragons favourite sons is on thin ice at the club with only 28 wins in 59 starts over three seasons with only one finals appearance.

While defence has been a real problem for the Dragons this season, it is in attack where McGregor has failed to ignite his charges throughout his tenure as head coach.

The Dragons require an attacking overhaul to properly utilise their highest paid players and it appears McGregor is just not the man for the job.

Possible Replacement: Garth Brennan/Ivan Cleary
If the Dragons opt to sack Paul McGreggor they will have to pay him out and may not have the funds to attract a high profile coach.

Garth Brennan would be a steal from a financial position and his results in the lower grades at the Panthers speak for themselves.

Ivan Cleary would be another person of interest for the Dragons but given his standing in the game he may be a bit out of their price range. But if a challenge at a big club is what he is after – then the Red V is the job for him.

Saying what we all are saying. Just got to get the board to say it. "Bye, bye Mary. Welcome Ivan"