What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

St Georgio

Juniors
Why Cronulla, can someone please explain to me why this club entered the competition in 1967 and how is it they are still in the competition ahead of a foundation club like the North Sydney Bears?

I didn't want to start a new thread on the topic for obvious reason to use this one instead!

emu62

Juniors
Why Cronulla, can someone please explain to me why this club entered the competition in 1967 and how is it they are still in the competition ahead of a foundation club like the North Sydney Bears?

I didn't want to start a new thread on the topic for obvious reason to use this one instead!

I believe Cronulla entered the competition because the Gay community needed someone to support

monsterkev

Juniors
I am hearing the opposite and most are saying Mary will be sacked. Cleary and Demitriou are the big whispers. Whether that is wishful Saints supporters spreading these rmours or whatever but I hope it happens. Sounds like Mary is gone but have a few things to get done first e.g NYC and Cutters finish their season (For Demitriou especially as their may be a huge coaching restructure and you don;t want to announce it before their seasons end), End of season awards ceremony ( You don;t wand ex-coaches holding a gripe attending these) and other end of year activities and finally the WIN takeover. I am sure when these things are over something will be done. ONly thing I am worried about is if Warriors snap up Cleary before us.

Like I have said before, if Saints have got money to spend on players which they do with all these guys leaving (Rein, Benji, Creagh and Farrel to name a few), It;s best to spend on a quality coach and paying out Mary. The cattle is there and with a decent coach will deliver a better season that the 2016.
thats the problem,their is salary cap money spare but no other funds
they cant use that money for coaches

Red V for life

Juniors
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...ching-changes-at-st-george-illawarra-dragons/
Looks like nobody can work alongside McWreckor.....but we maybe stuck with him!!!! I feel like throwing up at the thought of 2017
FFS, what chance have we got? It's one thing to not be able to attract players to the club, it's another for support staff to be scrambling for the emergency exits and leaving us with the people who should be tossed first.

Mulholland and Ayoub both leaving before their contracts are up within 12 months. Both quality and respected individuals in their respective fields from all reports. I was seriously p.o'd when Mulholland left and I'm pretty disappointed Ayoub's gone.

If there is a common theme in their decisions and that theme is a particular person, then it's just more reason to rid the club of that person. To have success all coaches need a strong support staff...it is not done alone.

At least the hammy strength/conditioning/rehab option in the Red V member email I got yesterday giving me the chance to have my say on where the money is spent now makes sense. It is to replace our bloody physio! If only I could change my vote :disappointed:

Carlton

Juniors
I may be wrong but my understanding is that Mulholland, Ayoub and Mescia are all up with the best in their fields. This is a joke, the club or rather the board are just thumbing their noses at the fans. Something has to change and I am not just talking about this year, something fundamental has to change for the long term.

If these professionals leave and Mary stays I think its time for ASIC to have a look at the way the club is being run. Enough is enough, the club doesn't exist so a few can feather their beds and boost their egos.

ALSGI

Bench
Cleary or Toovey would be an improvement but I think the clubs needs Brian Smith. This guy is ruthless in getting rid of players who aren't performing and bringing young players through in their place. I believe that is precisely what the team needs.
Yep agree he would put the broom to work and a big improvement on all systems, but don't like this man, he was my coach at school, arrogant prick - exactly what is needed for a fix though for a short term. Bring on Brian.

Old Timer

Coach
I may be wrong but my understanding is that Mulholland, Ayoub and Mescia are all up with the best in their fields. This is a joke, the club or rather the board are just thumbing their noses at the fans. Something has to change and I am not just talking about this year, something fundamental has to change for the long term.

If these professionals leave and Mary stays I think its time for ASIC to have a look at the way the club is being run. Enough is enough, the club doesn't exist so a few can feather their beds and boost their egos.
ASIC can't fix the problem of stupid appointments.
If there is no illegality or misappropriations then forget that.

Coffs dragon

Bench

It really typifies that all the quality outsiders seem to depart as they can probably see how the boys club has a stranglehold. You can guarantee that Jason Demetriou will be next out the door if they keep Mary in charge.
He certainly is the common denominator in the basket case of poor coaching and sheer arrogance.

Carlton

Juniors
ASIC can't fix the problem of stupid appointments.
If there is no illegality or misappropriations then forget that.

Maybe its time to look, the directors are not supposed to be making decisions for themselves they are supposed to be making decisions for the benefit of the club and members.

Can you honestly say that from what has been going on for a while now that it looks like the directors are making decisions in the interests of the members?

Old Timer

Coach
Maybe its time to look, the directors are not supposed to be making decisions for themselves they are supposed to be making decisions for the benefit of the club and members.

Can you honestly say that from what has been going on for a while now that it looks like the directors are making decisions in the interests of the members?
Your thought process is honourable but the BOD will simply say that we have the confidence of the members to make decisions on their behalf and if they don't like those decisions we have a democratic voting system by with which they can make changes to the BOD and change the clubs direction.
The big issue is that many of those that do vote probably have little or no interest in the football side of the club.

Carlton

Juniors
Your thought process is honourable but the BOD will simply say that we have the confidence of the members to make decisions on their behalf and if they don't like those decisions we have a democratic voting system by with which they can make changes to the BOD and change the clubs direction.
The big issue is that many of those that do vote probably have little or no interest in the football side of the club.

Will ASIC look into things, probably not, but based on some of things that have occurred I suspect that if they did there would be a few people worrying about skeletons in the closet.

The process to change voting for Board members, the nepotistic appointments, possible trading while insolvent, possible relinquishment of board powers in return for loans and its not enough for the BOD to say they have the support of members especially when the anecdotal evidence is that they don't. Also, its not just about whether the BOD have member support there is a separate issue of whether they are performing they duties as directors.

This does not even look at the issue of whether Red V members are not being delivered the product they pay for and whether statements made by the club are actually false and misleading.

Carlton

Juniors
Sorry about the rant, its just getting to the point where you get the feeling there's no silver lining.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Doust told me many years ago when Wes Naiquama came on the scene that he disliked the Forum. I told him that the supporters were passionate and had a right to voice their opinions. He seemed stunned by my reply and perplexed. He played rugby union for Penshurst and no doubt got his job due to his father Laurie being a prominent Dragons figure. Guys like John Fleming, Brian Johnston, Robin Gourlay, Graeme Langlands, Robert Stone , John Wittenberg, Ricky Walford and Mick Potter were much more approachable and down to earth. Mark Coyne wpuld be a good replacement fpr Doust.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Doust told me many years ago when Wes Naiquama came on the scene that he disliked the Forum. I told him that the supporters were passionate and had a right to voice their opinions. He seemed stunned by my reply and perplexed. He played rugby union for Penshurst and no doubt got his job due to his father Laurie being a prominent Dragons figure. Guys like John Fleming, Brian Johnston, Robin Gourlay, Graeme Langlands, Robert Stone , John Wittenberg, Ricky Walford and Mick Potter were much more approachable and down to earth. Mark Coyne wpuld be a good replacement fpr Doust.

My dad was very close to Laurie Doust and even closer to the legendary Frank Facer. I met Peter on many occasions and my dad tried very hard in his final years to stay positive because of his long standing at the club. My dad was an original member (under 100 is all I will say for confidentiality reasons).

God rest my Dad's soul - this joint is not the club he served or supported.

I love this club and all it was and can still be but I will tell you this - it has become a corrupt empire of people serving themselves and not the club. I resonate with you Carlton - some senior people need to take a very hard look at themselves and their actions. Take a look at Parramatta and North Sydney and Newtown.

We as a club are not untouchable from the jaws of death.

This forum must FIGHT and it must fight hard for a revolution to remove the disease that has infested the walls and hallways of the once mightiest club of all.

Hang your head in shame those that do not serve the people that pay your salary. Resign and show some dignity.