What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

My dad was very close to Laurie Doust and even closer to the legendary Frank Facer. I met Peter on many occasions and my dad tried very hard in his final years to stay positive because of his long standing at the club. My dad was an original member (under 100 is all I will say for confidentiality reasons).

God rest my Dad's soul - this joint is not the club he served or supported.

I love this club and all it was and can still be but I will tell you this - it has become a corrupt empire of people serving themselves and not the club. I resonate with you Carlton - some senior people need to take a very hard look at themselves and their actions. Take a look at Parramatta and North Sydney and Newtown.

We as a club are not untouchable from the jaws of death.

This forum must FIGHT and it must fight hard for a revolution to remove the disease that has infested the walls and hallways of the once mightiest club of all.

Hang your head in shame those that do not serve the people that pay your salary. Resign and show some dignity.

SS .. You are spot on.

'We as a club are not untouchable from the jaws of death"

And rest assured the 'eyes' are upon us... Fear the NRL words rationalisation and expansion, it won't come without our pain.

Treat the problem not the symptoms.

Mr Red

First Grade
Has the end of season performance review started yet mr Doust ?
Or shall we wait until we waste most of the off season to start ...that way the new coach (if any) has lost all time needed to review playing roster, recruit where needed and get the squad used to his coaching methods.....
Review should have already been done and dusted and the club should already be visible making the changes needed...

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Has the end of season performance review started yet mr Doust ?
Or shall we wait until we waste most of the off season to start ...that way the new coach (if any) has lost all time needed to review playing roster, recruit where needed and get the squad used to his coaching methods.....
Review should have already been done and dusted and the club should already be visible making the changes needed...

To be fair it would be wise to begin a club review once reggies and U20's seasons have actually finished...

Mr Red

First Grade
To be fair it would be wise to begin a club review once reggies and U20's seasons have actually finished...

Not really...
Irrespective of their next few results win or lose, I think it's fair to say they have had successful seasons.
We've had an entire season to review the coaching structures that are in place and the talent and potential in the lower grades .. We don't need to wait another couple of weeks, as from a review perspective there's hardly anything more they can gain by waiting.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Not really...
Irrespective of their next few results win or lose, I think it's fair to say they have had successful seasons.
We've had an entire season to review the coaching structures that are in place and the talent and potential in the lower grades .. We don't need to wait another couple of weeks, as from a review perspective there's hardly anything more they can gain by waiting.

Agree Red.
Surely, a "review" was conducted after each game. A culmination of those reviews, plus feedback, plus player interviews wouldn't take that long. In fact should have already been completed and recommendations already put forward. To wait for the Cutters and U20's doesn't achieve anything, as their seasons have been successful, plus they really don't impact on the NRL team and 1st grade coaches.
For all we know the review may have already been completed and they are waiting for the "right" time.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Because their results will change how badly the 1st grade team played?

Because the first grade team will be reviewed as part of a club review. Duh.

Good chance Cleary has agreed to terms but nothing will be announced until the season is completed and the token club review runs it's course.

A thing called due process.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Mary is on record saying he would not coach any other club. Doubt he will get outside offers. Time will tell!

Hoping for a coach Cleary and Moylan package.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree Red.
Surely, a "review" was conducted after each game. A culmination of those reviews, plus feedback, plus player interviews wouldn't take that long. In fact should have already been completed and recommendations already put forward. To wait for the Cutters and U20's doesn't achieve anything, as their seasons have been successful, plus they really don't impact on the NRL team and 1st grade coaches.
For all we know the review may have already been completed and they are waiting for the "right" time.

Reviews ? Reviews ? For fooks sake , they only had to look at the Dragons Members Forum to see the match reviews!
The Board does not need to wait a moment longer , get your Asses into gear and do what Board members are suppose to do - ACT NOW before we find ourselves at the end of the queue once again .

Last edited:

Carlton

Juniors
My dad was very close to Laurie Doust and even closer to the legendary Frank Facer. I met Peter on many occasions and my dad tried very hard in his final years to stay positive because of his long standing at the club. My dad was an original member (under 100 is all I will say for confidentiality reasons).

God rest my Dad's soul - this joint is not the club he served or supported.

I love this club and all it was and can still be but I will tell you this - it has become a corrupt empire of people serving themselves and not the club. I resonate with you Carlton - some senior people need to take a very hard look at themselves and their actions. Take a look at Parramatta and North Sydney and Newtown.

We as a club are not untouchable from the jaws of death.

This forum must FIGHT and it must fight hard for a revolution to remove the disease that has infested the walls and hallways of the once mightiest club of all.

Hang your head in shame those that do not serve the people that pay your salary. Resign and show some dignity.
I cant find the constitution of the football club anywhere. I would be interested to know what the purpose of the club is and whether the club is being run to fulfil its purpose.

Honestly, who are our club leaders... I am not even looking for exceptional leaders .. Just real leaders.

Leaders are not afraid to 'COURSE CORRECT'... to make the difficult decisions and establish standards of integrity and performance that are constantly being met and improving.

Leaders make sure they hold themselves accountable to 'COURSE CORRECT' and modify their approach if necessary.

And our leaders .. Well we now await a season review... One that will gloss over the obvious facts and inadequacies and present a tale of manicured mediocrity to justify their ineptness and lack of 'COURSE CORRECTION".

Self preservation will be the catalyst for these cronies to make change, as is normally the case in these environments.

Anyway, not long now Paul.. Almost there.

Gareth67

First Grade
Decisions , the correct decisions hopefully , need to be made quickly . However i am just wondering if the proposed takeover of the Joint Venture is slowing things down somewhat . Only a ' gut ' feeling , however it would make sense that if indeed it were to occur , that the Joint Venture would already be aware that finances will be dramatically improved in the coming months .

Also , once again my thoughts only , that season 2017 would be a year where signings would be minimal , the main emphasis being on players , playing for a new contract from season 2018 and onwards . Only then would the ' quality ' players be signed from other clubs .

A coach for 2017 , I tend to believe Cleary MAY have already signed , however in the capacity of a Coaching Director , Jason Deimetrou as assistant to Mary , with more than a casual input , perhaps taking over the job after a month or two .

Season 2017 , coaching to be sorted out , as well as BIG changes in the Joint Ventures Boardroom and the overall decision making process .

Season 2018 , a beginning of a new era for the St.George Illawarra Dragons !
I have laid my cards on the table , so to speak , there are a lot of big IF's involved .
So before anyone cuts my thoughts to pieces , please remember , that they are only that , my thoughts .

Besides , I hope that this particular post will give all of us something to ' chew over ' in the coming months .

Bench
Gareth your right on the mark, next year will be a rebuilding year across the Board, time to assess our juniors who may make the jump to FG in 2018, we could have a more balanced team and won't get caught up in the circus to sign players for 2018

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Gareth your right on the mark, next year will be a rebuilding year across the Board, time to assess our juniors who may make the jump to FG in 2018, we could have a more balanced team and won't get caught up in the circus to sign players for 2018
Saints will achieve 11 in a row again. Next year will be the 7th year in a row we are in rebuilding stage.

I hate that stupid word - clubs throw it around so casually yet it is actually just a bulls&it of an excuse for inept management.

If I used that word with my boss I would be sacked that afternoon. Instead of rebuilding how about they "CREATE".

dannyt

Coach
Saints will achieve 11 in a row again. Next year will be the 7th year in a row we are in rebuilding stage.

I hate that stupid word - clubs throw it around so casually yet it is actually just a bulls&it of an excuse for inept management.

If I used that word with my boss I would be sacked that afternoon. Instead of rebuilding how about they "CREATE".
As long as it's not created with a kick.

Coffs dragon

Bench
If the club has taken the safe option and appointed Cleary as Director of Coaching, surely his first priority would be to direct Mary out the door and take control of the team. I don't think any ambitious coach aspires to just be a overseeing pen pusher....they want to teach and develop footballers. If they keep McGreggor around it will be like the Labour Party with Rudd in the background plotting. I hope the Dragons just bite the bullet and make a clean cut.

Latest posts