What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Country Dragon

Juniors
If the club has taken the safe option and appointed Cleary as Director of Coaching, surely his first priority would be to direct Mary out the door and take control of the team. I don't think any ambitious coach aspires to just be a overseeing pen pusher....they want to teach and develop footballers. If they keep McGreggor around it will be like the Labour Party with Rudd in the background plotting. I hope the Dragons just bite the bullet and make a clean cut.
Or the Liberal party with Abbott in the background plotting!

Gareth67

First Grade
Gentlemen , Gentlemen , I demand that you treat my post with the respect that it deserves !
Your ' City boy wit' I find most contemptible !

Rudd , Abbott , Abbott and Costello and the 3 Stooges . Just who are these fellows ?
If I didn't know any better , I would say that you all had a bad case of the disease known as ' Sigurdtitus '
Apparently it is quite contagious !

Last edited:

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
What worries me fellas is that we are signing players, I hope Cleary is in the know and agreed to this, at this very moment to all us fans the coach is still useless Mary.

"Get off the piss humpty"

For some reason, I found this hilarious..

Q: Has another NRL coach ever been caught DUI?

Surely if they did.. It would it be enough to fall on your sword- as a leader of young men and a profile representative of the biggest brand in the game.

Another weak leadership decision...

Would Bennett (I know doesn't drink), Bellamy, Maguire, Hasler, Robinson, Stuart, Arthur, ever put themselves in that position.. I am sure they drink- but just make better decisions.

And there it is.. Better decisions- Paul just doesn't make good decisions and that is amplified in his coaching.

Last edited:

matPORTS

Juniors
Begs the question... if Hasler is being put on notice (as per the rumors floating around today), why should Mary keep his job?

since77

Juniors
Begs the question... if Hasler is being put on notice (as per the rumors floating around today), why should Mary keep his job?

Because the management of some teams find poor performance / under achievement unacceptable. They might be on to something there.....

hazzbeen

Bench
We may not have the coin to operate as a club at all soon enough, if something isn't done shortly.
Right on I have said this before something has to happen now , if there are no signs of us heading in the right direction , improvement on the field and with management , we cant afford another Price and Mary era . No way we will survive another 6 years of the same .....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I haven't seen our financial statements, but in most companies they have a "contingency" fund or what's sometimes called "other expenses".
If we don't then where are these funds?
Probably, it's not the fact we don't have the funds (which would indicate we are very close to insolvency), it's more the fact the board doesn't want to admit they stuffed up twice and that their "Illawarra" appointed coach wasn't the right choice.
In other words McGregor will be our coach in 2017.

SBD82

Coach
I haven't seen our financial statements, but in most companies they have a "contingency" fund or what's sometimes called "other expenses".
If we don't then where are these funds?
Probably, it's not the fact we don't have the funds (which would indicate we are very close to insolvency), it's more the fact the board doesn't want to admit they stuffed up twice and that their "Illawarra" appointed coach wasn't the right choice.
In other words McGregor will be our coach in 2017.
I can't wrap my head around the idea that he was an "Illawarra appointed coach".

My understanding is that the board is split 50/50 with Doust having the deciding vote. Is that wrong?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I can't wrap my head around the idea that he was an "Illawarra appointed coach".

My understanding is that the board is split 50/50 with Doust having the deciding vote. Is that wrong?

Doust apparently didnt want McGregor but the Illawarra sect did and convinced one of the Dragons to "cross the floor".

Latest posts