1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Sack mcgregor

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by thebigredv, Jul 4, 2016.

1. RedVDave

RedVDave Bench

2. RedVDave

RedVDave Bench

3. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Spoil

Edit: damnit

4. Banjo2014

Banjo2014 Juniors

Is it possible that we may becoming the Steelers

17 Seasons - 3 wooden spoons and made the playoffs twice

NRL
    Matches Played 396
    Won 153
    Lost 230
    Drawn 13

Man Golden Point would of given them a few more losses

Points For 6,614
    Points Against 7,313

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/teams/illawarra-steelers/records.html

Okay the Board has me - Please Sir Sack MCGREGOR

Dennis Papaioannou likes this.
  5. piesplusreturns

piesplusreturns Juniors

It's already happened, bro.

6. Willow

Willow Administrator

Do a forum search for acceptance of mediocrity.

Banjo2014 likes this.
  7. Paddles

Paddles Juniors

If I try to think like an absolutely hapless board of losers who can't make decisions, the only argument I can see for keeping McGregor is so that it's he who gets the 60+ point losses against Easts and Canberra against his names, rather than Dean Young, before ushering Deano in in a month,

This is the same thinking and approach that had them keep Brian Johnston powerless in the CEO seat to 'see through' the de Belin case before giving the new guy clear air. Hanging on here, rather than making the right call as leaders and starting a reset is going to turn out the same way - i.e. no positives, no control over what is happening, and demonstrating that there is no leadership that anyone can trust.

Completely untenable, and I doubt they'll make it through the month before needing to make the call.

8. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

I'll get in on that. Sack mc85

9. piesplusreturns

piesplusreturns Juniors

[​IMG]

Even the forum is teasing us.

10. RedVDave

RedVDave Bench

Congratulations Mary on making covid-19 the second most deadly virus this year.

11. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom Bench

The board has basically trapped itself with its strong statements of loyalty and faith.

There is no way on God’s earth it is going to reneg or backflip this year lest it be accused of being hypocritical.

It’s decided to fight on until the last man in a hopeless and untenable situation.

That last man, is you guys.

I love my history, this has got ww2 Berlin written all over it, except the enemy is you.

In terms of team performance, there is now zero incentive to improve because losing is now acceptable, if not easily explained away and condoned.

They even said the first four results were unacceptable and then by their conduct they have encouraged it.

Realistically, if you win four games this year, I see it as an over achievement under McDonut.

The club is being read the last rites. Your management have nothing but derision and contempt for you. They are a bunch of abusive out of touch cretins.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  12. Reflector

Reflector Juniors

Interesting, I have also thought that St George and Ferrari are quite similar for the reasons you mentioned. Although I'd suggest that Ferrari from 2000- 2007 was more akin to St George in the 50's and 60's- winning everything or close to it.

On the subject of other F1/ NRL comparisons-

The Broncos are like Williams= great in the 90's, currently shit and a long way off returning to former glories.

Cronulla WERE Arrows= the best team never to win the ultimate prize

JT reminded me of Senna a bit= passionate and intense and sometimes controversial with their outbursts, but you couldn't help admire how much they cared about their profession.

Cameron Smith is Schumacher= records galore and the ultimate professional, but despised by many for their underhanded tactics

Hindy is Stirling Moss= one of the best to never win the biggest prize, but universally liked and respected

Joey Johns in the late 90's/ early 2000's and James Hunt/ Graham Hill in their heydays would've got on like a house on fire as well

HenryTatana, YoHadrian and matPORTS like this.
  13. matPORTS

matPORTS Juniors

Love it ! These comparisons are pretty spot on.

Also, I agree with your earlier reply on Gunther Steiner potentially being a good coaching figure for us. I'd have Helmut Marko in Ian Millwards position as well. Red Bull definitely have the best junior program - and they're not afraid to kick them back down a rung either if they don't perform...

...this is what the common Rugby League expert, neutral fan or the STGI board doesn't seem to get either. Results matter ! Loyalty is not a word in the guidebook of most other professional sports, especially F1 (look at Kvyat & Gasly with Red Bull absolutely ruthless). If you don't get the results, you're gone ! We don't care about how good you were when you were younger. The fact that you were a veteran club player doesn't give you a reprieve from poor results as coach !

14. Banjo2014

Banjo2014 Juniors

15272 members to be refunded

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  15. Bittangabee

Bittangabee Juniors

Yes, mcgregor should have been sacked many years ago and our board of directors are incompetent.

But, don’t we as supporters have any responsibility in the demise of this once great club?

16. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

C66B64CE-3855-4FF1-85A2-73FA75CBC0D7.jpeg

“ You mean to say that those mongrels were telling fibs to me ? There’s going to be hell to pay for that , I can guarantee it ! “

17. Como Connection

Como Connection Bench

Deano or anyone else would be crazy to take over now, on a hiding to nothing.
    Smart move Albert and I having nothing against Deano, I lay the complete blame with the coach.
    CC

Banjo2014 likes this.
  18. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

How ?

PS welcome to the forum.

George Dragon likes this.
  19. Jerkwad2000

Jerkwad2000 Juniors

You would be surprised how much Head is on. As in, shocked as to how low it is. I can't say how I know, but it is less than the average wage is, and not close to a 6 figure salary. Certainly surprised me.

Someone else gets it. It's not all about the now. It's also about the future. How many people won't re-up next year their membership? How many other players like Frizzell will want out? Who will want to come to the club, especially after seeing the clubs best player leave?

The club legit has the potential to be the next Gold Coast, in having to pay massive overs to get average players to the club because there is literally nothing to attract them to the club.

20. piesplusreturns

piesplusreturns Juniors

Potential?